Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wreath for outdoors

Options
  • 30-11-2015 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi - this is probably a stupid question but are any artificial wreaths suitable for outdoor use? Ideally lit ones? There is a bit of shelter over our front door but on a wet and windy day (of which there have been many lately) I think it could get a little wet. Am I left with an unlit fresh wreath?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Hi - this is probably a stupid question but are any artificial wreaths suitable for outdoor use? Ideally lit ones? There is a bit of shelter over our front door but on a wet and windy day (of which there have been many lately) I think it could get a little wet. Am I left with an unlit fresh wreath?

Thanks!

I got a gorgeous prelit battery operated full wreath for my front door in woodies last year in the sale about 2 weeks before christmas I think! Washington I think was the brand name for the style. Definitely wouldn't pay full price for it though (nothing wrong with it I just like to get a bargain lol )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

We had a wreath for our front door a couple of years ago but had to stop putting it out as the birds wouldn't stop attacking the little red plastic berries. Shame really, it did look festive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

you could fresh or fake just make sure it is well secured.. For lights and things just get the battery operated ones put the battery pack in a sambo bag and your sorted just tuck it into the back of the wreath.. Also Plasti coat might be your friend just make sure it doesn't run the colour on baubles

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

Thanks I'll have a look around and see what's available - good call on the battery pack in the ziplock bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

it works great or even just knotting the bag itself.. Now nine times out of ten you would want to throw the lights out or dry them out after as they go a bit rusty but sure tis all for a good cause

• Advertisement
Advertisement