Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASRPC's refusal to allow affiliation of clubs

Options
  • 08-11-2015 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

MOD NOTE

Post about the NASRPC's exit of the sports coalition have been moved to their own thread - HERE. All remaining posts (for the most part) are regarding the affiliation or refusal to allow affiliation of various clubs, and the AGM held on January 16th 2016.

=================================================================================================

homerhop wrote: »
    You mean the company they have started that makes electronic circuitry for car parts? This was also one of the many rumours addressed at the meeting held by the NASRPC, along with mark being a member of fg, spending 12 thou euro on tent and committee members earning thousand.

Many rumours.. Can you tell us what they where ? Also never heard about the Nov 1st meeting as they never emailed any details out about it, or at least I did not receive any mail.. Also Mark and Mick are involved in more than one business together as far as I know, not saying that your wrong that it is an actual car parts venture, but again like I've said a EGM needs to be called so as to sort all this out..

All the rumours need to be dealt with, and the members request made at hilltop also needs addressing i.e. to return to the SC for talks but we might be to far down the road now to fix that mess..

The NASRPCs latest actions of refusing affiliation of AnRiocht is that of a dictatorship, this can not be allowed and the calling of a EGM is a fair request of any club given what is happening, if the committee survive the EGM we can move on knowing it what most it's members want, what's wrong with that...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭garrettod

....The NASRPCs latest actions of refusing affiliation of AnRiocht is that of a dictatorship.

Any chance you could elaborate on that a little please ?

I just checked and AnRiocht are on the NASRPCs website, see here. Does this not mean they are an affiliate ? Sorry if I am missing something obvious here.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

garrettod wrote: »

I just checked and AnRiocht are on the NASRPCs website, see here. Does this not mean they are an affiliate ? Sorry if I am missing something obvious here.

19 clubs are on that list, 3 of which no longer exist. Of the 16 remaining some have paid this year's fee and some have not. In previous years late payment was usual and did not warrant expulsion. This year, with the impending EGM, late payment means expulsion if you are likely to support the call for an EGM.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

why it happened, I heard that AnRiocht got their Cheque back after they had contacted NASRPC and told them what they thought of them and wanted nothing more to do with them and not to email or contact them again.
    Has anyone heard this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭cra

Wadi14 wrote: »
    why it happened, I heard that AnRiocht got their Cheque back after they had contacted NASRPC and told them what they thought of them and wanted nothing more to do with them and not to email or contact them again.
    Has anyone heard this ?

It is true that An Riocht wrote a strongly worded letter to the committee of the NASRPC regarding there resignation from the Sports Coalition and that this is being passed of to some people as the reason for expelling An Riocht from the assocciation but publicly the committee are saying that is because of late payment of the annual fee.
    I don't know what you all think, but if this letter was that insulting then surely a warning off some sort would have been appropriate and then if it could not be resolved possibly expulsion.
    I suppose its the timing that causes the most suspicion about the actions of the NASRPC's committee, why expel a club now in the eleventh month of the year, what is to be gained by that?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ntipptop

cra wrote: »
    It is true that An Riocht wrote a strongly worded letter to the committee of the NASRPC regarding there resignation from the Sports Coalition and that this is being passed of to some people as the reason for expelling An Riocht from the assocciation but publicly the committee are saying that is because of late payment of the annual fee.
    I don't know what you all think, but if this letter was that insulting then surely a warning off some sort would have been appropriate and then if it could not be resolved possibly expulsion.
    I suppose its the timing that causes the most suspicion about the actions of the NASRPC's committee, why expel a club now in the eleventh month of the year, what is to be gained by that?

So they are saying it was a letter that was wrote to them ,that was "strongly" written, well bejeesus if that's not the kettle calling the pot black!!!! People on the committee have never sent a Strongly written letter ill bet!!!!

If this is the way the nasrpc committee reacts to a "letter" id hate to see the way they would be in a serious debate !!! how would they react, when it comes to some serious fighting for our rights, run out of the room like a scolded cat !!!!!
    You need a pair when your at the table, not too sure if the present committee have a pair between them
    Very easy to be the big man when dealing with the small man, different when the big man enters, not too sure if they can hold their own

Again no one from the nasrpc willing to make a statement on the matter
    Have to agree with you on the suspicious timing of it all

So come on NASRPC, lets be having it, What is going on????
    Call an egm and trash out the problems, if there is no wrong doing then nobody has anything to fear, if there is wrong doing then lets fix it
    Grow a pair!!! Between ye will do !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Got this mail earlier today. So I might answer some questions for people

Dear Shooters,

Please see communication from NASRPC Committee below:

The NASRPC has received two requests for an EGM by Affiliated clubs, this falls short of the requirements detailed in the constitution, but recognising the need to resolve outstanding issues the NASRPC Executive Committee has decided to call the AGM forward to the first reasonable date.

The NASRPC AGM for 2015 will be held on Saturday the 16th of January 2016 and the following business will be transacted.

Adopt the Minutes
    Chairman’s Report
    Secretary’s report
    Treasurers Statement of Accounts
    Election of Officers
    Motions for consideration (must be sent to secretary 21 days in advance)
    AOB

There have been a lot of rumours and mistruths spread about the NASRPC, its Executive Committee members, and its practices, almost all untrue and some libellous, but we want to point out a few, and are happy to discuss any issue directly with anyone, please contact us.

· The NASRPC executive committee did not ask the clubs permission to join the Sports Coalition, and therefore did not seek their permission to leave it.

· The NASRPC Executive has never expelled any club from the NASRPC.

· The NASRPC Executive consider every application for affiliation submitted (in the prescribed format) in detail before any decision is taken.

· No member of the NASRPC Executive is part of any Training company and does not stand to benefit financially from any current or future legislation.

· The NASPRC did not spend 15k on a tent in Birr.

· The NASRPC have every year at the AGM, made available all accounts including every Invoice/receipt/expense/cheque for review and scrutiny.

· The NASRPC Executive does not get paid for the time/effort in fulfilling its duties. All members fulfil their roles on a voluntary basis.

· Every action taken by the NASRPC executive has been for the benefit of shooters - such as direct recognition/representation at the FCP.

· The NASRPC did not make any “Solo Runs” - Three members of the sports coalition were fully aware of any and all representations made and actively encouraged same.

We would like to take this opportunity to express our appreciation for the many messages of support received from shooting sports participants, clubs and other shooting organisations.

Yours in sport,

NASRPC Committee

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Not too bad

I hope all the people asking the questions will go to the meeting instead of listening to Chinese whispers is comical how some people go on.go to the meeting an Listen and ask the questions and not be scutter pumping on a forum or thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Yeah there's a lot of school yard bitching going on and everybody that wants to hear what is going on from the actual people involved needs to make the effort to go to the AGM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭clivej

BillBen wrote: »
    Got this mail earlier today. So I might answer some questions for people

Dear Shooters,

Please see communication from NASRPC Committee below:

The NASRPC has received two requests for an EGM by Affiliated clubs, this falls short of the requirements detailed in the constitution, but recognising the need to resolve outstanding issues the NASRPC Executive Committee has decided to call the AGM forward to the first reasonable date.

The NASRPC AGM for 2015 will be held on Saturday the 16th of January 2016 and the following business will be transacted.

Adopt the Minutes
    Chairman’s Report
    Secretary’s report
    Treasurers Statement of Accounts
    Election of Officers
    Motions for consideration (must be sent to secretary 21 days in advance)
    AOB

There have been a lot of rumours and mistruths spread about the NASRPC, its Executive Committee members, and its practices, almost all untrue and some libellous, but we want to point out a few, and are happy to discuss any issue directly with anyone, please contact us.

· The NASRPC executive committee did not ask the clubs permission to join the Sports Coalition, and therefore did not seek their permission to leave it.

· The NASRPC Executive has never expelled any club from the NASRPC.

· The NASRPC Executive consider every application for affiliation submitted (in the prescribed format) in detail before any decision is taken.

· No member of the NASRPC Executive is part of any Training company and does not stand to benefit financially from any current or future legislation.

· The NASPRC did not spend 15k on a tent in Birr.

· The NASRPC have every year at the AGM, made available all accounts including every Invoice/receipt/expense/cheque for review and scrutiny.

· The NASRPC Executive does not get paid for the time/effort in fulfilling its duties. All members fulfil their roles on a voluntary basis.

· Every action taken by the NASRPC executive has been for the benefit of shooters - such as direct recognition/representation at the FCP.

· The NASRPC did not make any “Solo Runs” - Three members of the sports coalition were fully aware of any and all representations made and actively encouraged same.

We would like to take this opportunity to express our appreciation for the many messages of support received from shooting sports participants, clubs and other shooting organisations.

Yours in sport,

NASRPC Committee

There are the answers for all the [mod edit]people[/mod edit] that only want to believe all the rumors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Looking forward to seeing you all at the AGM.

Who's going?

• Advertisement

It will be nice at the AGM to welcome in the new committee.

Hope your club is a fully paid up member of the NASRPC or you won't get to vote

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

badaj0z wrote: »
    It will be nice at the AGM to welcome in the new committee.

I'm not saying that you are right or that you are wrong but there are more opinions than yours.

There might or might not be a new committee voted in. That's up to whoever goes to the AGM, listens to the debate and votes accordingly.

LB6 wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing you all at the AGM.

Who's going?

I'll ramble along for a gander at proceedings. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭garrettod

NicholasF wrote: »
    ...Leaving it to January for an AGM would be wrong, its almost akin to tribunal :-)

I would think that the fact that we are getting close to Christmas party season and many venues might be booked out, could play a part.

Likewise, for all we know, some of the committee may be out of the country this month or next, so the date in January might have been the best they could facilitate.

I have no "insider knowledge" or hidden agenda here btw, but I do think the above are both quite possible explanations.

As for the comment from badajOz about the number of clubs that have now called for an EGM, if correct then I don't see why those clubs cannot all speak out now and make it know that there is more than two clubs formally calling for an EGM.

Just some food for thought :)

Thanks,

G.

There are a few aspects of the NASRPC statement that I have to take issue with

"The NASRPC Executive has never expelled any club from the NASRPC."
    This is most definitely untrue, An Riocht's renewal fee for this year was returned along with a letter stating that the NASRPC committee rejected An Riochts application for membership. An Riocht was already a member of the NASRPC they were not applying for membership but they were paying their renewal and by rejecting this the NASRPC committee have expelled a club.

The inclusion in the statement of rumours is most puzzling, what do rumours have to do with this problem, we are dealing with facts and not rumours. Of course if you are a cynical type of person you look at this concentration on rumours as a smoke screen to deflect from the real issues.

Here are a few facts

Kingdom "An Riocht" Rifle & Pistol Club have been effectivly expelled from the NASRPC

Just because you dissagree with the committee of the NASRPC does not make you anti-NASRPC

Member clubs (and exmember clubs) are not happy with the actions of the current committee therefore are seeking an EGM to sort it out.

The committee are doing their very best to frustrate the members that disagree with them by various actions including quoting a constitution that is not readily available and seems to be reserved only for the use off the committee.

Rumours are rumours and have nothing to do with the current issue.

so you'll be there then Cra to put this to rights?

cra wrote: »

The committee are doing their very best to frustrate the members that disagree with them by various actions including quoting a constitution that is not readily available and seems to be reserved only for the use off the committee.

Here's the constitution. I typed "NASRPC Constitution" into the old Google machine and it was the first thing to come up.

http://nasrpc.ie/NASRPC%20Constitution.pdf

You pretty much alleged that the committee are acting the fcuk by hiding the Constitution. That is plainly wrong. It's there for everyone to read if they bother their hole to get it. It's not hidden. I found it in 5 seconds on Google.

For the record, I'm just an ordinary shooter, nothing to do with the NASRPC Committee whatsoever.

BattleCorp wrote: »

You pretty much alleged that the committee are acting the fcuk by hiding the Constitution. That is plainly wrong. It's there for everyone to read if they bother their hole to get it. It's not hidden. I found it in 5 seconds on Google.

The problem is that the constitution, which is available BTW on the NASRPC website, is different to the one being quoted by the committee. They say it was ammended at various AGM's but will not send out or publish the new one. Ther are interpreting the new one to suit themselves.

I would love to be there but as my club has been expelled from the association I doubt if I would be let in as to whether it would be put to rights or not remains to be seen.

• Advertisement

Not sure that's correct either. AFAIK, it's an open meeting, you just won't be able to vote in a committee or any voting that takes place if your club is not in the association.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Here's the constitution. I typed "NASRPC Constitution" into the old Google machine and it was the first thing to come up.

http://nasrpc.ie/NASRPC%20Constitution.pdf

For the record, I'm just an ordinary shooter, nothing to do with the NASRPC Committee whatsoever.

Thanks for that Battlecorp, I have used the old google machine before but it has always thrown up the constitution that is on the website since 2011 but we have been told that this is out of date but this one seems to be different. So hopefully this is the one the committee are using, a number of clubs have written to the committee looking for a copy of the current constitution but have not even recieved a reply

Not sure that's correct either. AFAIK, it's an open meeting, you just won't be able to vote in a committee or any voting that takes place if your club is not in the association.

I certainly hope you are right I will be there if thats the case, a bit pointless if my club has no vote but some issues have to be raised.

Double check that to be sure. No point in having a wasted journey.

Not posting on behalf of the Committee. I like you am an avid shooter. I like to know whats going on. I am NOT a spokesperson for the nasrpc nor did I ever say I was. I'm NOT apologising for anything. I've no reason to. Write the committee a letter directly if you're that bothered about it, send it registered post even!

"I" will NOT be answering the questions, it's not my job. I'm sure the NASRPC, like other sporting bodies, don't deal in public media forums like this one. Quit with the "call out" tactics. You try doing that with the GAA and you'd see the answer you'd get!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭habitformin

Not posting on behalf of the Committee. I like you am an avid shooter. I like to know whats going on. I am NOT a spokesperson for the nasrpc nor did I ever say I was. I'm NOT apologising for anything. I've no reason to. Write the committee a letter directly if you're that bothered about it, send it registered post even!

"I" will NOT be answering the questions, it's not my job. I'm sure the NASRPC, like other sporting bodies, don't deal in public media forums like this one. Quit with the "call out" tactics. You try doing that with the GAA and you'd see the answer you'd get!

Well LB6
    I wouldn't dream of ever saying anything about you negative in any way .you are entitled to say whatever you wish and I would agree or disagree with you. I will say this you present your argument well and you stick to your commitments admirably.you seem quick witted and are plainly as upset and indeed and annoyed by this as I am.
    That is one thing, but this situation calls for fixing and if some other people would have the gumption you have we wouldn't be here at all.
    Fair play.

Can you people who are closer to the everyday running of the NASRPC help me with these questions? Does the NASRPC make a contribution to the costs of teams going abroad? If so, how much is paid for by the association and how much by the individual? Are all team places earned by competition results? Do non shooting people ever go with the teams? What are the expenses associated with running shoots around the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Boxer1

Easy lad calm down and steady the ship. We are heading into some very turbulent waters and a very level head will be required . We as genuine honest shooters of all disciplines need to stand together as one. We can see from the not to distant past what happens splinter groups. With regard to your questions on the Irish teams S.B. and C.F. are the teams , rifles only due to the pistol / revolver ban in England . There is no funding offered by the NASRPC and even over the past few years all training sessions ceased. Basically you are on your own, if you travel as part of the team or squad you pay your way. At least this is what I am lead to believe.

Matters have moved on since this thread was last updated. More clubs have written to the NASRPC committee demanding an EGM to debate the current issues but the committee have still not organised the EGM. The requirements for so doing have been met but they have not complied, why? If you look at the objectives for the NASRPC laid down in the constitution then the second objective states:
    2. To encourage the formation of competitive shooting Clubs and Ranges throughout the country and to encourage members to participate in all competitions approved by the Association.

So you have to ask, if one of the objectives for their existence is to grow the organisation by encouraging clubs to form and join, then why on earth have they done the opposite by effectively cancelling the membership of one third of the existing clubs? Is this cancellation in the interests of what the NASRPC was set up to do or is it to prevent these clubs using their votes to change the committee? We can all have our views on the issue that sparked this row, i.e. the way the committee handled their relationship with the Sports Coalition, but the way they have handled the fallout is in an other league altogether. What we are witnessing is that the committee is doing what it needs to do to prolong their continued existence, not what they should do to comply with the objectives of the organisation and of shooters in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

As usual we in Ireland are playing piss in the ring while we are about to be over run by the EU!! I cant honestly belive that people in our organisations and in the shooting public dont recognise how deadly serious a threat is in Brussells in the next f months that will permantly affect us here with shooting for ever and we are playing silly buggers with literally parish pump politics.This will be all utterly irrevelant if the EU gets these directives down as they will trump national law.
    Stop pissing about with this nonsense and call on the NARGC,NASRPC,SC to start getting some lobbying done again and start highlighting to you all the very clear and present danger that is coming our way within the next THREE MONTHS.:(:(

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement