Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Singles Thread - Mark II

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Trebor176 wrote: »
    That's a good amount of experience. Sure, anyone would be mad not to hire you :)

No plans yet for definite, other than a new job, hopefully. I may or may not have an interview on Wednesday, but I've to wait for a call back from the recruitment agent. Hopefully I can get a couple more exams out of the way, but I would need the holiday as well.

Have you many more exams to do....the stress of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Have you many more exams to do....the stress of it

Five. The one I've been trying to get has been the most difficult, and it's a known fact that it's the most difficult of the papers I've to do. There are two easier ones that I should have done first, but this one looked attractive to me, which is why I decided to do it. I didn't know at the time that it was the hardest, but I stuck with it. Now, I need a break from it to concentrate on getting the others.

For the two easier ones, I can either take them both together or one at a time (i.e. one exam in June and the other in December), or do both in June. Many students seem to take one and another subject, or just do the two together. The subject I had been doing has the same workload as the two easier ones combined.

Five. The one I've been trying to get has been the most difficult, and it's a known fact that it's the most difficult of the papers I've to do. There are two easier ones that I should have done first, but this one looked attractive to me, which is why I decided to do it. I didn't know at the time that it was the hardest, but I stuck with it. Now, I need a break from it to concentrate on getting the others.

For the two easier ones, I can either take them both together or one at a time (i.e. one exam in June and the other in December), or do both in June. Many students seem to take one and another subject, or just do the two together. The subject I had been doing has the same workload as the two easier ones combined.

Fuucckk it'll all get easy as soon as you get through this

Fuucckk it'll all get easy as soon as you get through this

I've a few years to qualify, including relevant work experience, of which I have a little over two, but feel I need to cover more areas. Then the exams, which I could take my time with, but I'd much prefer to have them done ASAP. Some places do increase salaries after each exam is passed, but it's not the case in my current place, or perhaps a number of other places.

The hardest part really is combining the work and study. If I had taken these exams directly after I got my degree, I probably would have just focused on those and got the work later. But, I spent longer getting my degree due to illness and having to resit subjects here and there, so getting the work at this stage and getting a decent salary is important too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Bang

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,224 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

And the dirt is gone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I found the best app EVER.
    Look at me, I'm a beaut.
    http://tinypic.com/r/34y8s41/9

Bebo stunnah

New brows

http://tinypic.com/r/2qdct5l/9

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

hey is anyone awake?

Yup just about

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Hello in here. How's everyone... I got a match at a Speed-dating Night and so I messaged him to say hello and he looked at my account and hasn't replied. Sucks. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭not_quite_last

Better to find out he's an idiot now than further down the line.

Evening all :)

Well, I had a job interview today, which went fine, I hope. The place seemed like somewhere I'd really like to work. There was a great atmosphere. I won't know whether I got it or not until some time next week. Such a thing would make a great start to 2016.

Knock knock! Anybody here?

I'm here. :)

Ah, evening K. How's things?

Quiet enough really. Not much going on at all! Hence my silence lately.

Well, it has been pretty quiet here overall of late. I'm the same anyway. There's sod all going on. Have you any plans for Christmas?

Auto signing out

Autosport wrote: »
    Auto signing out

Whaa?

• Advertisement

It's gone very quiet here of late. I hope everyone is well, and escaped the storm last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Anyone here in college or is everyone older? :pac:
    Trying to see if I'm the only boardsie dying of exams

xLisaBx wrote: »
    Welcome. :) I'm 31, think most of us are older alright.

xLisaBx wrote: »

Welcome to the forum, Lisa :)

I'm 29, and I do know the pressure of exams. I've been doing ACCA, but have been trying to get one particular subject. Due to not having had proper time off since 2013, I took the last three/four months of this year off to just relax after a hard day at the office, and to take a few days here and there. But, back to the books in February.

Anyway, Christmas is upon us. I nearly lost the will to live Christmas shopping earlier. I thought I was early this year with it, but obviously not. I don't have much more to do anyway, so a couple of hours in town on Saturday will be just fine :)

How is everyone? Things have been quiet enough here of late.

Hello you guys!
    Hi Lisa, long passed the college/exam phase myself. Are you doing the leaving cert? Gonna try finish the shopping today for Xmas

Happy Xmas single folks....hope 2016 will be awesome for you all....onwards to greatness and happiness folks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

The very mention of exams gives me flashbacks!

Happy Xmas single folks....hope 2016 will be awesome for you all....onwards to greatness and happiness folks :)

Happy Christmas to yourself Tom, and indeed to everyone on here. Hopefully 2016 will bring us single folk some romance :)

Ah yes, I still have to face them. Hopefully not for much longer, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Ah yes, I still have to face them. Hopefully not for much longer, though.

Eye of the tiger, Trebor!

How's our main man?

• Advertisement

Eye of the tiger, Trebor!

How's our main man?

All good here Hugo, thankfully. I'm looking forward to the few days off :) How's things with you?

Advertisement