Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glitzgirl goes to the Late Late Toy Show !

• 26-11-2015 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Hello all ! First of all a nod to Whispered who gave me this idea :) It's the night before the Toy Show and I'm super excited! A lot of people have request an in depth account of the whole experience and behind the scenes of the Toy Show so I thought it may be better to post that here rather than taking over an existing thead. (Mods please feel free to move /merge if you feel this would be better placed on an existing thread ) :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I am painfully jealous of you going and can't wait to read the full details of the toy show. Enjoy yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Ok so outfit has been chosen and picked up ! From my local Rock Frocks €30 and I think it's just adorable. Boots are pennys €28 over the knee suede and I just love them ! Excuse my penguin christmas slippers poking out from under the bed .. They are just so comfy lol :)

I am painfully jealous of you going and can't wait to read the full details of the toy show. Enjoy yourself

Thanks ! :)

I'm going to be awake all night. Genuinely haven't slept properly since I got the call! Every inch of me has been buffed shined and tanned and ready for tomorrow ! If anything it's a great excuse to get a bit of pampering in ;)

Received a call today to confirm if Mr Glitzgirl and I will be attending, so naturally I told the girl your dam right we'll be there. ; ) Now just to convince Mr Glitzgirl to wear something festive!

We have to arrive between 8 -8.30pm strictly and check in for the wine reception and audience warm up. I f we aren't there in time there are actual stand ins there waiting on tickets ! :o we will also be suppled with hats or antlers to wear on the night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Received a call today to confirm if Mr Glitzgirl and I will be attending, so naturally I told the girl your dam right we'll be there. ; ) Now just to convince Mr Glitzgirl to wear something festive!
    I told my husband that if we got tickets we'd have to go get him a Christmas jumper. He was massively confused. I don't think he's ever seen more than 5 minutes of the show at a time so he didn't realise people wore Christmas stuff! (And I'm sure he's delighted we're not going. :D Next year I'm applying for my sister instead!)
    We have to arrive between 8 -8.30pm strictly and check in for the wine reception and audience warm up. I f we aren't there in time there are actual stand ins there waiting on tickets ! :o we will also be suppled with hats or antlers to wear on the night :)

That all sounds amazing! Do you know if the stand ins are regular people or RTE people? It would suck to get the call but to be told that you may not be in the audience.

• Advertisement

That all sounds amazing! Do you know if the stand ins are regular people or RTE people? It would suck to get the call but to be told that you may not be in the audience.

I don't know ! I was thinking of that myself ! Can you imagine being told you may get a ticket if someone doesn't show and your just standing there waiting and then you don't end up getting in to see it! :o talk about cruel !!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

I don't post very much but follow some great threads, I'm delighted for you and can't wait to hear all about it. I'll be tuned in ready at 9.35 obviously looking out for your dress now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I don't know ! I was thinking of that myself ! Can you imagine being told you may get a ticket if someone doesn't show and your just standing there waiting and then you don't end up getting in to see it! :o talk about cruel !!

I know they have to overbook these things so that they have a full audience but you'd hope that any stand ins would be looked after in some other way if they didn't get into the audience. I'd say everyone will turn up on time for the toy show! We went to a recording of Pointless and made sure we were there super early so that we'd get in. I'd imagine everyone will be like that tomorrow!

fox_1973 wrote: »
    I don't post very much but follow some great threads, I'm delighted for you and can't wait to hear all about it. I'll be tuned in ready at 9.35 obviously looking out for your dress now!!!

No pressure lol ! Thanks fox_1973 ! I'll be sitting beside the Grinch who is looking tortured in the audience lol.

I know they have to overbook these things so that they have a full audience but you'd hope that any stand ins would be looked after in some other way if they didn't get into the audience. I'd say everyone will turn up on time for the toy show! We went to a recording of Pointless and made sure we were there super early so that we'd get in. I'd imagine everyone will be like that tomorrow!

I plan to mingle tomorrow night and do a bit of snooping ! Will report back then! You'd hope so wouldn't you. It would be very unfair if they didn't !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I would have thought that given that we're quite similar in our Christmas-Ness I should be going with you! I live next door to rte, should I pop in at 8:30?????

I would have thought that given that we're quite similar in our Christmas-Ness I should be going with you! I live next door to rte, should I pop in at 8:30?????

You may have to disguise yourself as Mr glitzgirl and ill smuggle his ID over to you ... should work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Happy Toy Show Day Glitzgirl! Have a great time, I will look out for you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Enjoy!!!

It's the morning of the toy show !!!! :D so excited !!! Thank god for concealer because I got no sleep last night ! Thanks for all your nice wishes ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

You better get ready and leave now. Just to be sure you get there on time!!

I'm so excited for you!!!
    !!!!!!!!!

****** <- Christmassy glitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Super excited for you. Have a wonderful night. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Whispered wrote: »
    You better get ready and leave now. Just to be sure you get there on time!!

I'm so excited for you!!!
    !!!!!!!!!

****** <- Christmassy glitter.

Haha you know me so well ! Thanks for the Christmas glitter :) love it ! I'm leaving at 5pm. Have been getting ready all morning !

Kids packed for staying with sitter and made dinner yesterday for today so should be no delays !

gypsylee wrote: »
    Super excited for you. Have a wonderful night. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Thanks very much !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I'll be watching out for you all evening in your reindeer dress. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

yeah have the best time

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Is it weird that I am even more excited for the Toy Show than usual as "someone on boards.ie" is going and reporting back.....will keep this from husband who already thinks I am a bit daft still wanting to watch it when our little one will be in bed :)

Enjoy every second, once (or possibly not with your luck:) ) in a lifetime opportunity!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Have a fantastic night Glitzgirl! I'll keep an eye out for you when I'm watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Love Rock Frocks!! I spotted those dresses on the iclothing website too just incase..

How did you manage to get tickets then

I'll be watching out for you all evening in your reindeer dress. :pac:

:) there probably be a load of people now wit similar dresses ! I will be like well one of us will have to go change :pac:

Milly33 wrote: »
    Love Rock Frocks!! I spotted those dresses on the iclothing website too just incase..

How did you manage to get tickets then

Just applied ! Mr glitzgirl applied for me this year as a surprise :)

polydactyl wrote: »
    Is it weird that I am even more excited for the Toy Show than usual as "someone on boards.ie" is going and reporting back.....will keep this from husband who already thinks I am a bit daft still wanting to watch it when our little one will be in bed :)

Enjoy every second, once (or possibly not with your luck:) ) in a lifetime opportunity!

Haha thanks but I think once is definitely my treat ! We may try get someone else from boards on it next year ! :) don't be silly i watch it every year even before we even had kids lol :)

Make up has been done hair to Do (after the school run ;) ) kids all packed and all ready to go. I'll be the weird stalker who is sitting up there outside the studio at like 7pm waiting for it to open at 8 :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm excited by how excited you are! Have a ball!! :D

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    I'm excited by how excited you are! Have a ball!! :D

Thanks posy !!! I am honestly worried about not being able to survive the excitement ! May just collapse while I'm waiting to be admitted in :)

Advertisement