Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know your elves #12 - Emmagination

Options
  • 23-11-2015 9:10am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Good morning! Welcome to week 12 of know your elves. Can you believe it this week brings us less than a month to the big day.

We've the toyshow this week and the frosty weather certainly feels like Christmas.

Let's kick off your week.

Roses of Quality Street? Favourite sweet from both?

When does your tree go up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Loughc wrote: »

Roses of Quality Street? Favourite sweet from both?

When does your tree go up?

Morning :)

I think Roses just about have the edge over Quality Street… My favourite chocolate from Roses is the hazelnut caramel one, favourite from Quality Street would have to be the green triangle!

Since I’ve been living with my boyfriend, we established a tradition of putting the tree up on the night of the Late Late Toy Show! However this year I won’t be at home on the actual night, so it’ll be going up over next weekend at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

TV after Christmas dinner or games (board/card)?

What time do you get up on Christmas day?

Jude13 wrote: »
    TV after Christmas dinner or games (board/card)?

What time do you get up on Christmas day?

After Christmas dinner, we normally go out visiting relatives (once we’ve come out of the food coma!). Christmas night, we’d watch TV though, and I’ll have a glass of Baileys in hand. :)

I normally get up at around 9 or 10 on Christmas morning these days. I don’t have my own family yet, so no kids waking up at the crack of dawn! And I’m lucky enough to have a Dad who looks after the entire Christmas dinner so I can have a lazy morning! : )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

You go out after the dinner!! wh...how??

Are you careful wrapper or the more sellotape the better?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

What's your favourite part of Christmas dinner?

Favourite Christmas film?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

What is your earliest Christmas memory?

What is your very favourite Christmas memory?

What is your favourite Christmas tipple?

Do you own a Christmas jumper? If not, why not? If yes, describe it for us. :pac: Or better yet post a pic!

Jude13 wrote: »
    You go out after the dinner!! wh...how??

Are you careful wrapper or the more sellotape the better?

Ha! Yep, dinner is normally around 2 and the early evening is spent visiting. Always a relief to get home and flake out though! (And get into the Jammies!)

I am a fairly careful wrapper - not perfect but i try my best :)

What's your favourite part of Christmas dinner?

Favourite Christmas film?

Favourite part of the dinner would be either the sausage meat stuffing, or the potatoes roasted in goose fat.... Drooool!

Favourite Christmas film has to be Elf! I'm going to see it in the Sugar Club next week, can't wait!

What is your earliest Christmas memory?

What is your very favourite Christmas memory?

What is your favourite Christmas tipple?

Do you own a Christmas jumper? If not, why not? If yes, describe it for us. :pac: Or better yet post a pic!

My earliest Christmas memory is finding a toy shower for a Sindy doll under the stairs. Rather than becoming suspicious of any Santa related shenanigans, I just went to my mother and made enquiries as to whether or not I could have it!

My favourite Christmas memory... Getting a Sindy shower! Ha! I think any memories from childhood are all mixed up in one big ball of excitement and anticipation. The relief of waking up on Christmas morning to realise that Santa had been!

My favourite Christmas tipple is Baileys, with lots of ice. Yum!

I have a fairly generic Christmas jumper, red with white snow flakes. I bought a better one about two years ago and promptly lost it! If I remember correctly it had a penguin skiing on it. I think I have a pic, I'll have a look! : )

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Nooo we can't let the know your elves threads go quiet! :)

Describe your perfect Christmas eve.

What are you hoping to find in your stocking this Christmas morning?

Will you be going to a carol service?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

White lights or coloured lights?

Do you have a crib/wreath or both?

Is there any part of the Christmas dinner that you'd happily leave out?

What is your favourite Christmas television advert?

Did your mother let you have the Sindy shower or did you have to wait until Christmas?!

Nooo we can't let the know your elves threads go quiet! :)

Describe your perfect Christmas eve.

What are you hoping to find in your stocking this Christmas morning?

Will you be going to a carol service?

:)

My birthday falls on Christmas Eve, I think it might be one of the reasons I'm so mad about Christmas!

My idea Christmas Eve would be no work (although to be fair I usually only ever have to work a half day). I'd open my birthday presents then go for brunch with my fiancé and stuff my face! Then we'd head out to Swords and I'd spend some time with my parents, and go visit my Nanny. Have something lovely for dinner (probably from the Chinese takeaway!) Then that evening, I'd meet up with friends in a local pub, drink wine and listen to Christmas songs!

I just sent on a list of "suggestions" to my other half today - hopefully some of them will end up in my Christmas stocking! I think I'm quite an easy person to buy for - any sort of make up or beauty products and I'm happy as Larry! Some of this year's suggestions are Dermalogica products, the new Urban Decay palette and some bits and bobs from Benefit!

I'm actually gonna be singing carols in a choir with work this year, we'll be singing at a Christmas market in Dublin! I wouldn't mind going to a carol service though - I must look into that!

Posy wrote: »
    White lights or coloured lights?

Do you have a crib/wreath or both?

Is there any part of the Christmas dinner that you'd happily leave out?

What is your favourite Christmas television advert?

Did your mother let you have the Sindy shower or did you have to wait until Christmas?!

We have white lights in our house, but the rest of our decorations are a mush match of all different kinds of colours!

I actually don't have a crib or a wreath - I'm a show! I would love a wreath so I must see if I can pick one up!

I'd have to leave the brussel sprouts out of the Christmas dinner! Everything else can stay!

It's a tough one but I think the old school Penney's advert is my favourite - for the jingle alone!

I *did* get the Sindy shower! I ended up being given it for my birthday!

Advertisement