Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Scores & Personal Records?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Just realised I haven't posted my own new PB.

258 high game and a 636 series overall.

Haven't really had any huge scoring games lately. Nothing over 240 for a good few weeks but have been playing really well lately. Working hard on my rotation to get harder pin action.

I made this mini montage sometime last year when messing about training. Must do a comparative one soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Is that on a non-oiled lane using a house ball? If so, 191 is a pretty impressive score.

You're inching your way closer to that 200. Is 191 you're new PB?

Not quite non oiled, but the lane machine they have is older than I am (24). It's not the most reliable pattern, nor a lot of volume. I use a Pitch Black and have trouble keeping it on the lane sometimes.
    Just realised I haven't posted my own new PB.

258 high game and a 636 series overall.

Haven't really had any huge scoring games lately. Nothing over 240 for a good few weeks but have been playing really well lately. Working hard on my rotation to get harder pin action.

I made this mini montage sometime last year when messing about training. Must do a comparative one soon :)

That video is sort of what I do with my ball, which is not very reactive with a weak drilling!

I used my tropical storm for most of that video and the IQ Tour Fusion a little. Haven't had a chance to make anything with my Crux Pearl.

Had that drilled by a friend of mine and it's just amazing. The entry angle is out of this world.

You play 2 handed as well? That's cool!

I used my tropical storm for most of that video and the IQ Tour Fusion a little. Haven't had a chance to make anything with my Crux Pearl.

Had that drilled by a friend of mine and it's just amazing. The entry angle is out of this world.

You play 2 handed as well? That's cool!

Ah sadly not, I can't get the speed up for 2 handed! Two fingers and a thumb as standard for me. Tiny span too, 3 3/4 inch.

I've never managed to hook the ball hard enough with my thumb in the ball so one day (before I knew anything about Belmo) decided to take my thumb out. My dad has been playing for about 30 years so I knew that you need to hook the ball but that was about it. Never learned how to do that so took the thumb out and found instant success almost.

Only issue is that my coach doesn't really know how to coach me outside of working on timing :D

• Advertisement

Wish this forum was busier as bowling has totally consumed my life! :D

Started bowling in my first league last year. Jul - Nov and took high scratch game (231), high handicap game (271) and high handicap series (634).

My goals for the year are to bring my avg. up to 160 (153 now)
    Bowl a closed game
    Cash in a tournament
    Bowl a 600 series

I was in Las Vegas 3 weeks ago and bowled a 594 and then bowled a 599. Gutted to miss the 600 by 1 solitary pin.
    Can scratch these off the list now :)

Bowled a 255 (new high game) last night and a total series of 603.

Not sure if it's cheating on my list or not but I can kinda scratch it all off now.

Average has gone up to 180.9
    I'm annoyed now if I don't close a game :p
    Finished 4th in the doubles league and picked up €500. Not a tournament but it'll do.
    Multiple 600 series since I made the first post. 636 being the highest

Current PB's

Sanctioned high game: 258
    Non-sanctioned high game: 267

Sanctioned high series: 636
    Non-sanctioned high series: 659

Not sure if it's cheating on my list or not but I can kinda scratch it all off now.

Average has gone up to 180.9
    I'm annoyed now if I don't close a game :p
    Finished 4th in the doubles league and picked up €500. Not a tournament but it'll do.
    Multiple 600 series since I made the first post. 636 being the highest

Current PB's

Sanctioned high game: 258
    Non-sanctioned high game: 267

Sanctioned high series: 636
    Non-sanctioned high series: 659

Nicely done! Funnily enough I'm looking good for a doubles league place too.

Flibbles wrote: »
    Nicely done! Funnily enough I'm looking good for a doubles league place too.

Move to Malta and you've got yourself a very middle-of-the-road, mediocre bowling partner!

New best again, 192. Silly mistakes every time that stop me hitting 200 :(

All of these are from the past month, all of them have one frame that I ballsed up to lose my chance.

https://imgur.com/a/Bjq9g

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah 208!

http://i.imgur.com/WDIH9kh.jpg

• Advertisement

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah 208!

http://i.imgur.com/WDIH9kh.jpg

Congrats!!

And snap :p

Bowled the same game last night in my first. 5 washout splits in the last game and I blew an easy 600+ series :o

Oops.jpg

Congrats!!

And snap :p

Bowled the same game last night in my first. 5 washout splits in the last game and I blew an easy 600+ series :o

Oops.jpg

122, niiiice! Threw a 114, 174, 140 last night, that was fun. That 208 is from lunch 12 today in a different center, veeery low oil using plastic.

122, niiiice! Threw a 114, 174, 140 last night, that was fun. That 208 is from lunch 12 today in a different center, veeery low oil using plastic.

Sandbagging my average. That's what I was doing... yeah... sandbagging.

Left the big 4, 7-10, twice left the 4,7,10 and once left the 6,7,10.

Whatever line I had in game 1 and 2 was just not there in the 3rd. Dunno what to fook happened.

Totally stealing this, though mine is a lot less impressive :(

Goals for next year are to bring my avg. up to 150 (120 ~ 140 now)
    Bowl a closed game
    Reach semi final in local tournaments (not sanctioned league, only new yet so still getting my skills up)
    Bowl a 500 series

500 is done! Nearly a 600 too! And nearly a closed game, 8/10 split in the tenth frame on my first game :(

Average is 150 plus!

Nearly at before mentioned casual league semi final (in second place currently!)

http://imgur.com/J9shNtQ

Is that 3 200+ games in a week after having not gotten one before??

If so, fair play man!

Is that 3 200+ games in a week after having not gotten one before??

If so, fair play man!

Exactly :D

Set the high game and high series thus far in our league!

189 - 191 - 192 - 208 - 212 - 213

In the space of about a month!

Totally stealing this, though mine is a lot less impressive :(

Goals for next year are to bring my avg. up to 150 (120 ~ 140 now)
    Bowl a closed game
    Reach semi final in local tournaments (not sanctioned league, only new yet so still getting my skills up)
    Bowl a 500 series

Exciting night tonight!

http://imgur.com/6uxAy6c

Flying with the high scores lately!!

I'd a nice game there on Monday league night. 234 but then the wheels fell off the bus ad hit 4 opens in the next game with 3 splits and ended with a 149 :D

Flying with the high scores lately!!

I'd a nice game there on Monday league night. 234 but then the wheels fell off the bus ad hit 4 opens in the next game with 3 splits and ended with a 149 :D

I hate this sport sometimes, lost a game by 2 pins because my tape on my thumb shifted a bit and I guttered a ball. :mad:

Suppose I better update my plans for next year!

Bring my avg. up to 180, funnily enough in my Wednesday league this will mean my handicap is zero. Current average is 140-165.
    Come in top 4 of Monday League (currently in 3rd, with months left yet).
    Bowl a 600 series (almost done already, what a pain)
    Bowl a 700 series (this one is pushing it a bit, but I've got a year!)

I hate this sport sometimes, lost a game by 2 pins because my tape on my thumb shifted a bit and I guttered a ball. :mad:

Suppose I better update my plans for next year!

Bring my avg. up to 180, funnily enough in my Wednesday league this will mean my handicap is zero. Current average is 140-165.
    Come in top 4 of Monday League (currently in 3rd, with months left yet).
    Bowl a 600 series (almost done already, what a pain)
    Bowl a 700 series (this one is pushing it a bit, but I've got a year!)

I'd love this. Haven't even been within sniffing distance of it! Not sure how many 600's I've had but quite a few. I found that when the first one came the others came very quickly soon after.

Remember bowling a 596 and 599 back to back and thinking it was never going to happen.

Had a chance at a 700 once with a 222, 242 but spooned the last game with a 170 or something.

Your goals are very similar to what mine were last year. You'll plough through that list in no time.

• Advertisement

I'd love this. Haven't even been within sniffing distance of it! Not sure how many 600's I've had but quite a few. I found that when the first one came the others came very quickly soon after.

Remember bowling a 596 and 599 back to back and thinking it was never going to happen.

Had a chance at a 700 once with a 222, 242 but spooned the last game with a 170 or something.

Your goals are very similar to what mine were last year. You'll plough through that list in no time.

Hopefully I will, with how I've improved in the past month I'm hoping it will continue on! New ball soon (assuming I win the tournament I'm in) which should give me nicer results in the Monday league (with real oil!).

Currently my only 2 balls are;

14lb Pitch Black
    15lb DV8 spare ball.

I use the 14lb on Mondays, and 15lb on Wednesdays. Had my great games in both centers so it's all good on that front. I'm looking forward to getting something more reactive for the Mondays though!

Hopefully I will, with how I've improved in the past month I'm hoping it will continue on! New ball soon (assuming I win the tournament I'm in) which should give me nicer results in the Monday league (with real oil!).

Currently my only 2 balls are;

14lb Pitch Black
    15lb DV8 spare ball.

I use the 14lb on Mondays, and 15lb on Wednesdays. Had my great games in both centers so it's all good on that front. I'm looking forward to getting something more reactive for the Mondays though!

I was just going to say this. The new crux pearl is some piece of kit. I got it drilled earlier in the summer and it is absolutely amazing. Love it.

Meaning to pick up something new to add to the arsenal.

Any idea what ball you're going for?

I was just going to say this. The new crux pearl is some piece of kit. I got it drilled earlier in the summer and it is absolutely amazing. Love it.

Meaning to pick up something new to add to the arsenal.

Any idea what ball you're going for?

Pretty sure we haven't enough oil to make use of the pearl unfortunately :(

Not sure on what to get, waiting for pro shop guy to gimme some recommendations.

Pretty sure we haven't enough oil to make use of the pearl unfortunately :(

Not sure on what to get, waiting for pro shop guy to gimme some recommendations.

Lemme fix that statement! Not enough for a Crux Pearl, I've been recommended a Strike King Pearl. Low oil everywhere I play! :pac:

Bowling_PB.jpg

Bowling_PB.jpg

Nice! Timing on the bump too, rolled a 222 last night :)

Nice! Timing on the bump too, rolled a 222 last night :)

Is that a new personal best?

Is that a new personal best?

Sure is, by 1!

Sure is, by 1!

Fair play! Well done!

• Advertisement

Motherf*cker!!! So damn close to a 700 series in training.

Bowling_PB_update.jpg

697 :(

Oh, and a personal best by 1 pin from the missus :D

Advertisement