Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halo 5 - Guardians

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    XBOX update or was there a Halo patch?

The new NXOE dashboard update.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Just finished the campaign on heroic. Completely underwhelming tbh. Never felt engaged with the story or any of the characters. Having a 'team' was unnecessary and added nothing to the game. Worst campaign I've played. It didn't feel like Halo at all thy.

Ivr played a few games of arena tho and I like it I must say!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lads how does it compare with halo 4 online?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Lads how does it compare with halo 4 online?

Game variants and maps - poor IMO, but that said there is more coming soon

Actual gameplay though is just wonderful. Smooth as can be, dedicated servers should be a must for all online games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Agreed, the gameplay is sooooo good but you sometimes play same level 3 times in a row cause there's not that many, 4 new levels this week for big team battle so it looks like they'll be adding them quickly.

I imagine after mcc they just wanted to get a small amount done perfectly rather than heaps of maps and modes but lots of problems

I absolutely love it and a few of my mates have gotten into it so playing as a team most nights which of course makes it better again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

How does it compare with Halo 3 online?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Irish94 wrote: »
    How does it compare with Halo 3 online?

It really doesn't.

But others on here seem to love it.

It's no halo 3 yet but it feels like it's only half available at the moment, if the maps come rolling it it could be great. I would love to see assault come back and capture the flag on the new btb maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Agreed. Warzone was fun for a while but it's so repetitive I'm bored of it now - give me objective BTB and I'll be happy!

MS sent out messages with a code for a free REC pack lastnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

maximoose wrote: »

Probably a well researched and timed message for when most people are likely to trade the game for Star Wars Battlefront.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »
    Agreed. Warzone was fun for a while but it's so repetitive I'm bored of it now - give me objective BTB and I'll be happy!

I had enough of warzone after about 5 matches. Its a poor mans sci fi battlefield game.

Arena is head and shoulders above it, CTF is amazing fun with a full fireteam.

Losing my mind not being able to jump on for a few games !

Korvanica wrote: »
    Losing my mind not being able to jump on for a few games !

Is there no fix for this?

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Probably a well researched and timed message for when most people are likely to trade the game for Star Wars Battlefront.

It's cod or/& halo until the next battlefield for me. I wouldn't even consider battlefront a fps, everyone plays in 3rd person for a start!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,122 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Was confirmed on reddit that the BTB playlist will have Slayer, Strongholds & CTF. Delighted to hear that. It can't come soon enough, am pretty bored with the present playlists.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Was confirmed on reddit that the BTB playlist will have Slayer, Strongholds & CTF. Delighted to hear that. It can't come soon enough, am pretty bored with the present playlists.

I'm in the unusual position of having 3 legitimately great shooters to choose from now, Destiny's siren call is always there, but I wasnt expecting Blops3 to be so good as well :(
    hopped on last night for a quick game of slayer on Fathom, it was epically close, the other team got of to a strong start and pulled ahead 12-4, that kind of separation was maintained into the late 30's when we started to rally back, it finished 49-50 with a loss to us, but I was so pumped up I couldn't sleep for a half hour after.
    I hope I can still look at the footage in the theater this evening, had one really skillful amazingly lucky moment on the ramp up to the railgun, an enemy started shooting me from behind, I managed to jump straight up, boost backwards over his head and then get the kill as he was looking for me.

not enough hours in the day.

Mickeroo wrote: »

I hope it's ranked as well, im the same, i need a break from arena, playing it to death!

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Is there no fix for this?

Nothing ive tried works anyway. Currently getting the housemate to call our ISP and check if they changed us to IPv6 without asking. Seems to be a cause of the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm in the unusual position of having 3 legitimately great shooters to choose from now, Destiny's siren call is always there, but I wasnt expecting Blops3 to be so good as well :(
    hopped on last night for a quick game of slayer on Fathom, it was epically close, the other team got of to a strong start and pulled ahead 12-4, that kind of separation was maintained into the late 30's when we started to rally back, it finished 49-50 with a loss to us, but I was so pumped up I couldn't sleep for a half hour after.
    I hope I can still look at the footage in the theater this evening, had one really skillful amazingly lucky moment on the ramp up to the railgun, an enemy started shooting me from behind, I managed to jump straight up, boost backwards over his head and then get the kill as he was looking for me.

not enough hours in the day.

All down to the Elite !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I find myself getting killed often and saying I bet that jammy **** has an Elite :D

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    All down to the Elite !!
    I find myself getting killed often and saying I bet that jammy **** has an Elite :D

Ha! I wish! definitely more luck than anything else, I'll probably go double negative in my next few games now.

6.2 gig patch required? Big team battle I suppose.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,122 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

6.2 gig patch required? Big team battle I suppose.

Wasn't expecting that much as they're only forge maps I thought.

Had a lot of fun with them last night, not so much when i was on my own but when friends came online it was great craic. They're designed well but look very much like forge maps for the most part. Played my first ten games, lost most of them but got gold1 nevertheless. Getting from gold to platinum is tough but fun,I've yet to get from platinum to diamond, a long slog id imagine!

So It seems Virgin Media changed us to IPv6. Called last night and put in a request to change back to IPv4. Seems like that should fix the issue. Fingers crossed!

Good to hear, my bro has sake problem so ill let him know

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Had a lot of fun with them last night, not so much when i was on my own but when friends came online it was great craic. They're designed well but look very much like forge maps for the most part. Played my first ten games, lost most of them but got gold1 nevertheless. Getting from gold to platinum is tough but fun,I've yet to get from platinum to diamond, a long slog id imagine!

I only got to see 2 maps, had a game of team strongholds on that one thats all yellow (guillotine) was a total nightmare, there was a guy in a banshee doing wreck, bombarding half the capture points and the other team were all over us with snipers and a mantis.

the other map Deadlock was a much more enjoyable affair for CTF, with a selection of ghosts, warthogs and Mongeese and a slightly more complex home base layout. had a good time here and theres a good variety of power weapons spawning in the central area which makes for good scraps when they spawn.

The 'forge-yness' of them is pretty apparent though, the landscapes are very basic in terms of geometry and texture.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Finished the campaign on Legendary Coop yesterday. I am a die hard Halo fan but to me I felt a little empty after playing Halo 5. The story had to many characters, and in many ways the story trips over itself on many occasions. It is very hard to follow what is actually going on. Each major mission should have had the Blue or Red team meeting on a ship or somewhere for a briefing so that the player can try to understand what is going on and what they are being asked to do.

BTB is great when it's CTF. Having a nightmare when it's slayer or strongholds though, spawns seem to be all over the place and more often than not seem to just get spawn killed.

• Advertisement

Found it hard enough on slayer, i guess it will get easier when we get used to spawns etc.

A guy got the mantis in guillotine and nearly had it for the whole level, no one attempted to take it down, I'm not sure they even knew how! I kept getting killed when I tried to get rockets and couldn't find sticky grenades, it was a slaughtering id like to forget :)

I love strongholds on both btb and arena, definitely what i'm best at. didn't get 1 CTF in my ten games of btb!

Advertisement