Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanksgiving

• 15-11-2015 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

This forum seemed like the best fit. Just a quick question. Hoping people might be able to help.

Myself and my better half will be in New York for Thanksgiving this year. We really don't know what will be open, and what we will be able to do for the day(and the day before).

I was hoping that people might have suggestions for us. We don't even know what will be open.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

jpboard1 wrote: »
    This forum seemed like the best fit. Just a quick question. Hoping people might be able to help.

Myself and my better half will be in New York for Thanksgiving this year. We really don't know what will be open, and what we will be able to do for the day(and the day before).

I was hoping that people might have suggestions for us. We don't even know what will be open.

Its a good day. Macy's parade is an iconic American experience. Brings huge numbers into the city so you won't be short of things to spend money on.
    The next day is traditionally the busiest shopping day of the year - start of the Christmas shopping season and loads of bargains to entice people into the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

First Up wrote: »
    Its a good day. Macy's parade is an iconic American experience. Brings huge numbers into the city so you won't be short of things to spend money on.
    The next day is traditionally the busiest shopping day of the year - start of the Christmas shopping season and loads of bargains to entice people into the shops.

We fly out to Florida on the Friday so will miss the sales. Are national buildings etc open on the Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

jpboard1 wrote: »
    We fly out to Florida on the Friday so will miss the sales. Are national buildings etc open on the Thursday?

Some yes, some no but I don't think you will have trouble filling the day. It is America's biggest holiday (bigger than Christmas).

Advertisement