Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Christmas Decorations?

Options
  • 14-11-2015 3:59pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Girlfriend wants to Christmas the place up, but I'd prefer not to spend a load of cash. Can anyone recommend places to get cheap Christmas Decorations, like an artificial tree, and lights etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aputernut

Dollar Stores and there are many! also big box stores like Big Lots etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Penneys has some nice decorations and lights so it's worth a look there. Argos has some cheap Christmas trees depending on what you're looking for. Any of the pound shops (Euro shops?) will have cheap decorations. Try Heatons too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Dealz have heaps.

No trees though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Lidl were doing christmas trees for 30€ my local store had one or two left. Worth a look. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭orthsquel

If you have a B&Q near you, worth a look for artificial trees... I saw over the last week very reasonably priced 4-6 foot trees near the €30 mark to €64 as I was comparing it to the artificial tree in Lidl (€30, 180cm in height, 110cm in width) that was on offer for someone else. Tesco and Argos also do artificial trees, usually (from what I can remember from house shares) near enough on a similar price.

For decorations, it depends what you want. Pound shops can have some nice buys depending on your budget, I was in Home Store + More during the week having a look (again, for someone else I thought needed it) and they had a mixed range including stock similar to what you would see in pound shops like eurogiant and dealz.

Tesco have some decent enough bauble sets, some stuff that is sold individually is really nice and cute. Dunnes, Pennys, M&S, Arnotts, Heatons, BT all probably have their own offerings along with most other department stores and various supermarkets.

Lidl (and most likely) Aldi have had various decorations of baubles and gap filler stuff, room decorations. Lidl definitely has had lights.

B&Q, Woodies, they'd all have decorations, incl lights but some (not all) garden centres would also have seasonal shops that include Christmas decorations or would include for it in their general shop if they also sell home furnishings and giftware.

tbh if you just want cheap and cheerful and aren't too fussed about quality or having something last, there's plenty between pound shops and supermarkets on offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

For decorations for tree Pack of 8 snowflakes Penneys 2euro also many other packs of 8 for 2euro, Boyers had nice fancy baubles for 1euro each, happy shopping

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Got some good stuff in Argos, they have 3 for 2 on Christmas Decorations. Got a small 5ft tree, lights and a decoration set for just over 40 quid!

Advertisement