Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Military novels

Options
  • 13-11-2015 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

We don't appear to have a thread about military novels, as in the Tom Clancy type techno thriller.

If I'm wrong, mods, please merge

Anyway. Reading Ghost Fleet at the moment. Only about 1/4 way in and it's reasonable enough so far. Nice waste of an afternoon reading it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Love the odd techno thriller.....Larry Bond and Harold Coyle are worth a read. Trashy reading, but good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Jawgap wrote: »
    Love the odd techno thriller.....Larry Bond and Harold Coyle are worth a read. Trashy reading, but good fun.

Totally turn off the brain stuff!! :-)

In fairness, Harold Coyle's first two were readable

Larry Bond co-wrote Red Storm Rising, just never got the same plaudits as Clancy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Totally turn off the brain stuff!! :-)

In fairness, Harold Coyle's first two were readable

Larry Bond co-wrote Red Storm Rising, just never got the same plaudits as Clancy

I'd also recommend the "There Will Be War" edited by Larry Niven.

I think the fact Coyle was a serving officer helped with his writing.

Advertisement