Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Elves - #10 Posy

Options
  • 09-11-2015 12:21pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Week 10, wow, less than 50 days and two lots of the lights are getting turned on in Dublin this week (Thursday & Sunday)

This week I'm joined by my co-Mod and the original Christmas Forum Mod Posy.

Posy is a fantastic mod and an all round lovely person and it's a pleasure modding along side her :)

I'll kick off with;

Favourite Christmas TV Special?
    Roses or Quality Street? Favourite Sweet from both.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Describe your perfect Christmas eve.

Share your favourite Christmas memory. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Do you find it odd the amount of times Loughc used the word "mod" inthe original post? :p

What was the best present you ever received?

How much of Christmas dinner do you cook yourself?

White vs coloured lights for the tree?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Do you find it odd the amount of times Loughc used the word "mod" inthe original post? :p

Hey!!! :(

I only used it three times :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Real tree or fake tree?

What is your opinion on tinsel - the more tinsel the better, or do you think it is tacky?

Do you have a favourite Christmas decoration?

When did you start your Christmas shopping?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Favourite Christmas smell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Do you colour theme or co ordinate for Christmas or is it a festive free for all?

Do you have a Favorite selection box ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

kitten_k wrote: »

Ooooh that's a GREAT question!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

What's your ideal Christmas day food menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

If you had to be a Christmas tree decoration, what type of decoration would you be?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oooh my week is here!!:D
    Loughc wrote: »
    Favourite Christmas TV Special?
    Oooh that's a tough one. I loved the Fools and Horses episode where they got rich and think the Royal Family episode with nana's last Christmas are great, but the winner has got to be the Vicar of Dibley with all the Christmas lunches. :)
    Roses or Quality Street? Favourite Sweet from both.
    Quality Street definitely.
    Roses= the strawberry and the caramel barrel.
    Quality Street= the purple one and the green triangle.
    I couldn't pick just one!

Thanks Loughc!!

• Advertisement

Describe your perfect Christmas eve.
    I usually work until one, and enjoy being in the city centre that day, and it stops me lounging around all day. :o
    So if it's my perfect Christmas eve I'd be off work and start the day with a big fry-up. I'd head into town early to look around the Christmas market, see the lights and soak up the pre-Christmas atmosphere for the last time. I might have a quick beverage in the pub before I head off!
    Then it'd be home to a glass of baileys by the fire, where I'd watch a Christmas film and later prep the veg and glaze the ham for the Big Day tomorrow.
    The day would end with more baileys, a Christmas special of some classic sitcom like 'Porridge' and me in my Christmas pyjamas watching the Santa tracker online. :)

Share your favourite Christmas memory.
    There would be the Christmas I got a Nosy Bear (yes it was the 80's!) because I was sooo excited and impressed by such a great present from Santa.
    And also the last Christmas I had with my cat, because he was around for 15 Christmases with me. Because he hadn't been well he was SPOILED and ate his body weight in turkey; his favourite meat. He only died a couple of weeks later so it means a lot that I had him for that last Christmas. :)

Do you find it odd the amount of times Loughc used the word "mod" inthe original post?
    Mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod modmodmodmodmod.

It loses all meaning after a while. :pac:
    What was the best present you ever received?
    Oooh there's a couple.
    Besides the Nosy Bear, a bucket of lego I received when I was 5 or 6 was great because I played with my lego all the time for many more years!
    I got a copy of Anne of Green Gables when I was about 9 and I loved that book. It got reread constantly.
    As an adult, one of those lamps that is also an alarm and wakes you with 'natural' light and birdsong was great. I've had it years at this stage and it's so great not waking up to the horrific traditional alarm-clock noise any more.
    How much of Christmas dinner do you cook yourself?
    Generally the ham, the mash and some of the veg. The turkey is usually a group effort.
    I also make the Christmas cake every year.
    There was one year I did the lot- the STRESS was immense!!
    White vs coloured lights for the tree?
    White. Although I have a fondness for coloured lights, nearly all my decorations are gold.
    The only bonus about coloured lights though, are that you can get LED ones without that cold blue look to them.

Scarinae wrote: »
    Real tree or fake tree?
    Fake tree definitely.
    What is your opinion on tinsel - the more tinsel the better, or do you think it is tacky?
    I'm not really crazy about tinsel any more; but sometimes tack is good, like at work- so I'd flog up a bit of tinsel there!
    Do you have a favourite Christmas decoration?
    I generally go to London at least once a year, and when I'm there I try to get a Harrods bauble. It's becoming a tradition now, really. When I'm in London in a couple of weeks time :D I'll pick up a 2015 bauble.
    When did you start your Christmas shopping?
    The start of October. Very late for me, but I actually prefer starting a little later, rather than in August or something!

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Hi Posy:).......have you ever spent Christmas abroad, if not....would you like to?

kitten_k wrote: »
    The smell of the glazed ham cooking. Omnomnom. :D

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Do you colour theme or co ordinate for Christmas or is it a festive free for all?
    The theme for the tree is gold. Gold baubles*, gold ribbon etc. But nothing else in the house has a theme; the rest is just generally Christmassy.
    Do you have a Favorite selection box ?
    Cadburys selection box; the proper big one with the curly wurly!
    My favourite bar from it is the thin cadbury's dairy milk bar. :)

*a couple of years ago Harrods had no gold baubles left, so there's one red baubles nestled at the back somewhere

What's your ideal Christmas day food menu?
    It would involve a lot of M&S party food anyway!
    There would be prosecco and pomegranate juice, baileys and wine drunk copiously throughout the day because Christmas. :pac:

I'd like to have a fry for breakfast, but realistically if I did I couldn't eat the dinner, so I'd have a fry on Christmas eve if I wasn't working, or on Stephen's Day.

I'm not sure what a starter would be, I've never been a starter person.

Main course would simply be turkey and all the trimmings. Creamy mash, potato croquettes, very crispy roast potatoes, 26 different types of stuffing, succulent turkey (thanks to a strict regime of basting every minute or so) and lots of glazed HAM. I love the ham.
    Dessert would be strawberry (not sherry) trifle; but with compote instead of jelly because I don't like jelly and dream topping on the top because that beats cream every time for me. I'd also have a sponge Christmas cake and have that later with tea.
    Later there would be pudding to be set on fire. I don't eat pudding, but I always enjoy igniting it!

Of course the day would end with turkey, ham and stuffing sandwiches on thick batch bread.

If you had to be a Christmas tree decoration, what type of decoration would you be?
    A big fat glittery Christmas bauble. :D

Grid. wrote: »
    Hi Posy:).......have you ever spent Christmas abroad, if not....would you like to?
    I never have been abroad for Christmas. I've been away just before and shortly after but not during.

I wouldn't mind spending a Christmas somewhere like New Zealand or Australia where it's hot and sunny... just for the novelty value.
    And the idea of spending Christmas in a chalet somewhere, sipping mulled wine by an open fire appeals too. :)

I'd have to bring my whole family though, otherwise it just wouldn't be right.

Advertisement