Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halo 5 - Guardians

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I think I joined your game not realising you were playing campaign, it should say really!

Really? No notification popped up or anything. Feel free to join away whenever though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Will do, it could've been someone else but they were in the "clan"!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Played a bit more of the campaign between tonight and last night, I dunno, maybe it's cause my expectations were lowered, but I'm actually enjoying in.
    just finished the escape mission, the fistfight between chief and Locke was pretty cool, and the cutscenes are like something from a summer blockbuster
    I reckon I'll be sticking with it till completion before I play any more blops or witcher, I'm trying not to fall back into my old habits of starting tons of games and finishing none of em.

I just finished Mission 10 last night. I am playing it on Coop Legendary, can be very tough in spots even with 3 human players and 1 AI. I keep thinking to myself, playing this solo Legendary would be so infuriating. The one AI we have is useless and is a glorified medic.

Enjoying the game, Legendary makes it challenging and a good laugh.

logik wrote: »
    I just finished Mission 10 last night. I am playing it on Coop Legendary, can be very tough in spots even with 3 human players and 1 AI. I keep thinking to myself, playing this solo Legendary would be so infuriating. The one AI we have is useless and is a glorified medic.

Enjoying the game, Legendary makes it challenging and a good laugh.

yeah, I'm only solo playing heroic and on mission 5ish, but the cracks in the teammate AI are really starting to show, If I get downed and request assistance, its almost always triggers a train of one teammate after another getting downed before game over.

Also, its that videogame trope of your teammates firing away at the enemies and killing approximately zero of them.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

yeah, I'm only solo playing heroic and on mission 5ish, but the cracks in the teammate AI are really starting to show, If I get downed and request assistance, its almost always triggers a train of one teammate after another getting downed before game over.

Also, its that videogame trope of your teammates firing away at the enemies and killing approximately zero of them.

Think I'm around the same point as you, maybe a little further on solo legendary and they're a nightmare at times. I basically try to keep them as far away from the action as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I got to mission 5 on legendary solo where
    Warden Eternal first shows up
    and got a bit annoyed with the AI, and haven't gone back to it since - more out of lack of interest than frustration I think though, the campaign just hasn't grabbed me at all.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

maximoose wrote: »
    and got a bit annoyed with the AI, and haven't gone back to it since - more out of lack of interest than frustration I think though, the campaign just hasn't grabbed me at all.

I'm not even sure how I beat him, was running around trying to avoid him when the fight suddenly ended, nearly sure he fell off the map trying to kill me or something. Was finding it very frustrating before then, game feels very cheap at times on legendary......still nothing compared to CE though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

maximoose wrote: »

On Legendary Solo, I was beginning to think it was not possible to beat this level.

As soon as the checkpoint loads, I would run towards the left and head up to the higher ground looking down on the boss as he is spawning, fire a grenade or 2 as running to take out the crawlers that spawn.

Then leap down on the platform where the boss spawned and hopefully his back is still turned and you can lay into that weak spot. You might hit it twice and get 2 of this damaged animations, then leg it back to the high ground, leap to nearest floating platform and get a power weapon and lay into him with that.

Will take several retries and you might have to retreat to high ground and pick him off with a light rifle. Some shots to the face with hit the weak spot too, so you can try that, 1 shot in a whole clip might hit the weak spot when shooting at his face.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm not even sure how I beat him, was running around trying to avoid him when the fight suddenly ended, nearly sure he fell off the map trying to kill me or something. Was finding it very frustrating before then, game feels very cheap at times on legendary......still nothing compared to CE though :mad:

For me, I was the last man standing as usual and I was boosting around the round column at the back of the map, when he got snagged on some scenery :rolleyes: with his back facing me, I just kept hitting him in the back with the scattershot until it was all over.

Its pointless having bosses that your teammates need to aggro so that you can hit them in the back, specially when your teammates are useless, and the boss ignores them for the most part anyway, in that fight, I may as well have gone in there solo from the way he was making a bee-line for me, the others only got downed as they happened to be clustered together and in the path of one of his attacks that I dodged.

There's an incineration cannon on the floating platform above where he spawns too, I also had one from the knight you kill jsut before the encounter. One shot from that starts his stagger animation.

• Advertisement

Team Doubles, CTF amd Shotty Snipes were the options for the weekend playlist, doubles won.

On mission 13 in campaign now (scorpion one), have been tipping along nicely on legendary with only the occasional bout of frustration (usually involving warden eternal). Might have to restart the mission though to try and get the scorpion all the way through.

On mission 13 in campaign now (scorpion one), have been tipping along nicely on legendary with only the occasional bout of frustration (usually involving warden eternal). Might have to restart the mission though to try and get the scorpion all the way through.

Its easy enough, you can pick off the Warden with the tank from a distance, he just stands there if you far enough away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Doubles & CTF - I don't get why these aren't given a permanent playlist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I'm sure they will be given time. Voted for doubles myself, was always fun and people were always very talkative in it unlike most other gametypes.

Req Packs. How are ye opening them ?

Gold: Gold REQ Packs contain a large number of REQs ranging from Uncommon to Legendary. Players are guaranteed two new permanent REQs, if available.
    Silver: Silver REQ Packs include Common to Rare REQs with the added value of two new permanent REQs, if available.
    Bronze: Bronze REQ Packs include Common, single use REQs, but is likely to unlock a new permanent REQ, if available.

I've seen a few things online that you should open bronze packs first until you have a good few permanent unlocks, then move to silvers then golds.

Started doing this and I've unlocked a load of stuff. Probably getting a permanent unlock in 2/3 packs. Opening bronze allows me to open 4 packs for every 1 silver.

List of Reqs

Team Doubles, CTF amd Shotty Snipes were the options for the weekend playlist, doubles won.

You're just ahead of me mick, there have been points in the last few missions where I've nearly launched the controller out of frustration at my teammates. the part where I had to take out
    the wraith ahead of entering the temple

I must have died 15 times trying to do that, either i'd get one shotted and put back a long way to the checkpoint or else I'd get downed and my teammates would either ignore my requests for revival or promptly die themselves.

when all is said and done, its still pretty good though.
    taking down the kraken was cool

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Its easy enough, you can pick off the Warden with the tank from a distance, he just stands there if you far enough away.

Haven't got that far just yet but I heard you can use it for that encounter alright, I'm already on fire though so need to restart and be a bit more careful with those damn knights and their incineration cannons.
    You're just ahead of me mick, there have been points in the last few missions where I've nearly launched the controller out of frustration at my teammates. the part where I had to take out
    the wraith ahead of entering the temple

I must have died 15 times trying to do that, either i'd get one shotted and put back a long way to the checkpoint or else I'd get downed and my teammates would either ignore my requests for revival or promptly die themselves.

when all is said and done, its still pretty good though.
    taking down the kraken was cool

I found a passage on the left that gave me good site lines on
    the wraith and enemies
    , did have a fair few deaths though. Meant to record when I beat it, just grabbed a plasma pistol off a grunt and used the emp to freeze the tank then ran out and mounted it.

Haven't got that far just yet but I heard you can use it for that encounter alright, I'm already on fire though so need to restart and be a bit more careful with those damn knights and their incineration cannons.

I was so far back, those Knights were just wee pixels, I sent in the team on their Ghosts and one had a Wraith and while the Knights were engaging them killing them with ease, I picked the Knights off from a distance with the tank.

Doubles will be fun but give us btb already!

I don't pay any attention to req packs I just open them between games while I'm waiting, I hope btb is the way it's always been

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So happy that Big Team Battle is returning. Was worried that it had been dropped in favour of Warzone.

Anyone up for blasting through the campaign on heroic tomorrow in co-op?

• Advertisement

Anyone up for blasting through the campaign on heroic tomorrow in co-op?

Finished legendary solo last night so count me in, am moving house today but should hopefully be up and running before then.

Looks like there's a nice amount of new reqs coming next week along with BTB: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/updates/battle-of-shadow-and-light

Maybe Its because I'm playing it a mission or two a night, but on the whole, I'm actually really enjoying this so far.

I've just
    Left sanghelios, thought that the planet was very well realised and hadn't seen that kind of 'grand canyon' looking landscape in a halo game before, the following mission where you took out the air defenses and raced to catch the guardian was also pretty cool, even the fight with warden eternal wasn't as frustrating. Then the start of the next misson where you were jumping down the surface of the guardian to the surface of genesis was really cool to look at.

With a bit of luck I'll have the time to finish out the campaign tonight, I'm itching to get back into the multiplayer.

Maybe Its because I'm playing it a mission or two a night, but on the whole, I'm actually really enjoying this so far.

I've just
    Left sanghelios, thought that the planet was very well realised and hadn't seen that kind of 'grand canyon' looking landscape in a halo game before, the following mission where you took out the air defenses and raced to catch the guardian was also pretty cool, even the fight with warden eternal wasn't as frustrating. Then the start of the next misson where you were jumping down the surface of the guardian to the surface of genesis was really cool to look at.

With a bit of luck I'll have the time to finish out the campaign tonight, I'm itching to get back into the multiplayer.

Yeah I've found the campaign really good overall, thought it really picked up when you
    get to Sanghelios, loved all the stuff with the Arbiter.
    And there was loads of vehicle sections too which break up the on foot sections nicely.

There was a point in mission 14
    where the old master chief theme kicks in and gradually builds as you're making your way through a section and i thought it was just great

I must be the only one who was really underwhelmed by the campaign.

And I found the new spartan abilities to almost restrictive in terms of movement, this is probably more so to coming from Titanfall to Halo and just finding it painfully lumbering.

Plus that damn friend A.I, its so bad, the Elites are forever jumping to avoid grenades and rockets and sniper shots, but the team A.I are utterly useless.

I must be the only one who was really underwhelmed by the campaign.

And I found the new spartan abilities to almost restrictive in terms of movement, this is probably more so to coming from Titanfall to Halo and just finding it painfully lumbering.

Plus that damn friend A.I, its so bad, the Elites are forever jumping to avoid grenades and rockets and sniper shots, but the team A.I are utterly useless.

No, I'd say that more people are disappointed with the campaign than the other way around. yeah, the team AI is terribly bad at times, they're next to useless. I'd nearly prefer to just die and respawn, rather than be forced to tap the revive button and watch the lemmings ignore me or run to their dooms.

They are awful but I actually got kind of used them before the end and if you told them all to shoot the smaller enemies like soldiers or crawlers they would kill them pretty quick, even elites, just don't send them against a knight or warden eternal. Still caused me more deaths than they prevented though.

Well, finally got to the end of it last night, I dunno, I thought it was great overall. The last 4 or 5 missions were really really good.
    as for the much complained about ending, I thought it worked out nicely, and the status quo between chief and Locke had reached a mutual respect and the trilogy is definitely set for a big conclusion.
    I'd also gained an appreciation for the promethean weapons throughout the course of the game that I didn't have in halo 4. Looking forward to more arena now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Anyone having trouble connecting to matchmaking after the new update ?

Since the update I always get : "Unable to connect to the Halo 5: Guardians Lobby Service"

I cant play online at all.

Tried hard reset, removing my profile and re-adding it along with a few other things but nothing is helping.

Seems there's more having the same issue too,

apart from being randomly booted twice i haven't had any other problems

I've clocked 2:2:26:44 apparently, seems a lot!

• Advertisement

Korvanica wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble connecting to matchmaking after the new update ?

XBOX update or was there a Halo patch?

Advertisement