Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you surf?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Living in London too, been dry for too long!! Op, have you joined the London surf club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

As a bodyboarder I've caught some great waves on small day's,there's sometimes an epic A frame on the turf bank for bodyboarding,Fanore throws up some daecent waves too for a beginner on a bodyboard.
    I've gotten shacked on some of the reefs on a 3ft day, there was a nice period between the waves.

Not to go off topic, but any recommendations for a bodyboard for a tall guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

seachto7 wrote: »
    Not to go off topic, but any recommendations for a bodyboard for a tall guy?

http://bodyboardhq.co.uk/catalog/category/bigger-riders-bodyboards/

These guys will sort you out. Got my T8 from them. Prob going science in new yr,44".

Did you ever make it to London bro? I remember you were thinking about the move a couple of yrs back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

frag420 wrote: »
    Living in London too, been dry for too long!! Op, have you joined the London surf club?

I did a week in biarritz recently and didn't enjoy it at all, surfing is a mega complicated sport. I've decided to give it a miss altogether.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

lufties wrote: »
    I did a week in biarritz recently and didn't enjoy it at all, surfing is a mega complicated sport. I've decided to give it a miss altogether.

Ah it's not that bad, you just have to put a bit of effort into it particularly at first. If you're not living near the sea though this is easier said than done to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ah it's not that bad, you just have to put a bit of effort into it particularly at first. If you're not living near the sea though this is easier said than done to be fair.

I got bored of paddling non stop, and thought wtf am I doing this for. I think surfing is a well marketed sport but it certainly aint for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

frag420 wrote: »
    http://bodyboardhq.co.uk/catalog/category/bigger-riders-bodyboards/

These guys will sort you out. Got my T8 from them. Prob going science in new yr,44".

Did you ever make it to London bro? I remember you were thinking about the move a couple of yrs back.

Still on the job hunt, and I don't know anyone there to just move over. My deadline was before the end of the year!:eek::eek:

Do you keep your board stored in Ireland or the UK?

Advertisement