Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halo 5 - Guardians

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The rec pacs are just full of garbage. After opening a ton of packs the only loadout I have more than one gun in is assault rifle on two. That's it. No armour mods either.

Solid mp but hate the levelling up system.

Why? Not entirely sure how it works but it seems good to me, you're actually trying to level up by winning with your team rather than the like of bf where you just play loads and it keeps going up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Why? Not entirely sure how it works but it seems good to me, you're actually trying to level up by winning with your team rather than the like of bf where you just play loads and it keeps going up

It's a complete lottery and 90% of the stuff is pure muck. If there was the option to spend your credits on req packs for in game weapons and vehicles or buy cosmetic items like armour, helmets etc it'd be better imo.

I meant the ranking not the req stuff, I've only played war zone twice and would only see it as a bit if craic after a night playing the the arena games! It's all about 4v4

I meant the ranking not the req stuff, I've only played war zone twice and would only see it as a bit if craic after a night playing the the arena games! It's all about 4v4

Ah right, gotcha. But you still spend your co from arena on rec packs to unlock stuff. Tbh, what I've played of arena hasn't done a whole lot for me, arena multiplayer is the proper focused, balanced game I'm looking for. It'd be nice to unlock customizations for arena without getting loads of stuff I've no use for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

It's a complete lottery and 90% of the stuff is pure muck. If there was the option to spend your credits on req packs for in game weapons and vehicles or buy cosmetic items like armour, helmets etc it'd be better imo.

Have to agree here, rec goes up quite slow during a warzone that once you manage to get the rec for a weapon, you spawn and get killed straight away (by some guy on a ghost firing what seem to be, nuclear bombs... grrrrrrr)

You are back to level 1 rec again and have to start over. By the time you get to level 7 or 8 to call in a tank etc, the map is almost over and you dont want to waste the card or you get killed instantly again.

Point being, most of the rec cards you get are crap and I end up selling 95% of them. I think it would be much better to be able to purchase cosmetic stuff like weapon skins, armor skins and emblems.

At least give the players the option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

logik wrote: »
    Have to agree here, rec goes up quite slow during a warzone that once you manage to get the rec for a weapon, you spawn and get killed straight away (by some guy on a ghost firing what seem to be, nuclear bombs... grrrrrrr)

You are back to level 1 rec again and have to start over. By the time you get to level 7 or 8 to call in a tank etc, the map is almost over and you dont want to waste the card or you get killed instantly again.

Point being, most of the rec cards you get are crap and I end up selling 95% of them. I think it would be much better to be able to purchase cosmetic stuff like weapon skins, armor skins and emblems.

At least give the players the option.

Ive heard its recommended you open silver REC packs first.

Each time you get a card you haven't got before it logs it. then when you have gotten a high % of cards unlocked start opening Gold packs and you start getting good gear.

I think you can see the % of cards you have unlocked in the REC menu.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Each time you get a card you haven't got before it logs it. then when you have gotten a high % of cards unlocked start opening Gold packs and you start getting good gear.

Yeah you're guaranteed two permanent items from both silver and gold packs I think, so it actually makes more sense to buy silver packs until you have most of the gear. You'll only get legendary stuff from gold packs is the difference I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Will give this a shot so.

There's too much quitting going on, they need to make the penalty harsher. Maybe lower rank and give minus 20 to their kd/r. Or maybe remove the option to quit so that they have to turn off their xbox! Anyway, ****ing quitters.

There's too much quitting going on, they need to make the penalty harsher. Maybe lower rank and give minus 20 to their kd/r. Or maybe remove the option to quit so that they have to turn off their xbox! Anyway, ****ing quitters.

Its a disaster when people quit out of breakout in the arena playlist, Its happened me a few times now where we start the match and someone drops / quits before a shot is fired.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You already get a ban for doing it too much, even that doesn't seem to be discouraging people.

10 min ban is nothing, muliple quits should be 24hr ban. For the people worried about their rank and kdr, hit them where it hurts so that theyre better off playing the game out

Anyone online tonight for a few games? Haven't played since last week.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Anyone online tonight for a few games? Haven't played since last week.

Be on late after a raid in Destiny first

Be on late after a raid in Destiny first
    LOL Stone...ya got roped back in again :pac:

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    LOL Stone...ya got roped back in again :pac:

I know. And I was clean for so long too!

Just played for 5 hours straight, I officially love it, being on with 3 friends makes huge difference. No quitters and good craic. It was just like back in the halo 3 days where you just had to keep playing one more game until you eventually can barely see the screen :)

Yes yes yes!We don't have too long to wait for BTB by the sounds of it :)
    In just over a week, the next Halo 5 content drop will be here, and with it comes Big Team Battle in Arena matchmaking, brand-new REQs, and a whole ton of juicy vehicular combat.......

THere's a sneak look at some of the BTB maps in the bulletin: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/november-sneak-peek

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

The more I play of Warzone, the more I struggle to like it and end up hating it instead.

Its so badly balanced, the Req (Pay 2 Win) system ruins it.

With very few Reqs its no different from a Walking Simulator trying to get from A to B in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Haven't been on much this week between work, study and the missus refusing to put it down. But should hopefully be on for a few hours tonight after work if anybody is up for it. Gt is Nerobear for anybody who hasn't got it yet.

• Advertisement

The first rank you get is a bit sketchy, one of my friends got gold cause he was playing with us but he would be getting hammered in every game! another lad got platinum and he's decent but not THAT good! They should just let you work up the ranks like they used to or base the first rank on individual score

I hadnt realised when i posted above that those btb maps are only forge maps, kinda crappy there's no proper pre-made btb maps. I hope this is a case of them using these to fast track the playlist's availability with some properly crafted maps coming in a month or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Am I missing something, or is there no way to get to medals in the carnage report?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I hadnt realised when i posted above that those btb maps are only forge maps, kinda crappy there's no proper pre-made btb maps. I hope this is a case of them using these to fast track the playlist's availability with some properly crafted maps coming in a month or two.

This is whats happening I think, Theyre building proper maps at the moment, but decided to give us BTB with the forge maps while we wait. Which is pretty sound of them.

I played one game of shotty snipers at the weekend, slaughtered! It's more of a game mode for bigger maps.

Played about 50 games of team arena yesterday(my thumb aches), got from gold 1 to gold 6, was about to go platinum when 2 players quit at start of a breakout game, rage, but id been against teams that had the same problem, works in roundabouts! It's a tough slog on your own, ill be recruiting in here to get from platinum to diamond thats for sure

maximoose wrote: »
    Am I missing something, or is there no way to get to medals in the carnage report?

Think I've seen people complaining about that on reddit as there's no way to looks at them at the moment.
    Korvanica wrote: »
    This is whats happening I think, Theyre building proper maps at the moment, but decided to give us BTB with the forge maps while we wait. Which is pretty sound of them.

That's actually pretty good so in fairness, game is really missing a playlist you can just go into and dick around for an hour and the novelty of Warzone has kind of worn off a bit for me.
    I played one game of shotty snipers at the weekend, slaughtered! It's more of a game mode for bigger maps.

Played about 50 games of team arena yesterday(my thumb aches), got from gold 1 to gold 6, was about to go platinum when 2 players quit at start of a breakout game, rage, but id been against teams that had the same problem, works in roundabouts! It's a tough slog on your own, ill be recruiting in here to get from platinum to diamond thats for sure

Yeah best I've managed on my own is platinum 2 only to have a bad run of games put me back to square one. Think I have you on my friend's list already so give me a shout if I'm on. Probably be Destiny for tonight though but will stick with halo for the rest of the week then i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That's actually pretty good so in fairness, game is really missing a playlist you can just go into and dick around for an hour and the novelty of Warzone has kind of worn off a bit for me.

Not a fan of Warzone either, as mentioned before, games are always insanely one sided and noone plays for objectives. I play the odd game and if my mates are playing ill play. But mostly play arena when on my own.

When in warzone, do you have to be within a certain radius of the AI bosses for them to appear on your hud? I've been through a good few games where only a couple of bosses popped up for me. Some games I was on with friends and they could see the marker, i couldnt though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Know what game mode I'd really like to play? Warzone, but with SWAT settings. I mean seriously, I'm lucky if I even get 3 kills in a match, but get about 10+ assists. Very annoying how hard it is to kill.

On a side note, if anyone wants to do the co-op campaign with me that would be much obliged, playing on Heroic and on the second mission so far. Gamertag: AirBiscuit

Played a bit more of the campaign between tonight and last night, I dunno, maybe it's cause my expectations were lowered, but I'm actually enjoying in.
    just finished the escape mission, the fistfight between chief and Locke was pretty cool, and the cutscenes are like something from a summer blockbuster
    I reckon I'll be sticking with it till completion before I play any more blops or witcher, I'm trying not to fall back into my old habits of starting tons of games and finishing none of em.

• Advertisement

I think I joined your game not realising you were playing campaign, it should say really!

Advertisement