Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Bee Bread

Options
  • 01-11-2015 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi all, I was interested in buying bee bread for my own consumption. I was wondering if anyone around the Dublin area sells any bee bread ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

"Bee bread" is known as pollen by most beekeepers. Honey and wax are the usual products of bees in Ireland - I don't know of any beekeepers who produce pollen or propolis although it's common in other countries. Maybe it's because of the damp weather - the pollen would probably get wet in the trap and go mouldy.

Have you tried your local "health" food shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭solargain

There is a beekeeper in Nenagh selling pollen Tiermoyle

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pasis

Hey, i have bee bread from Latvia if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭welsummer

when bee bread (pollen) is dried , it loses 75% of its value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pasis

welsummer wrote: »
    when bee bread (pollen) is dried , it loses 75% of its value.
    never heard of this drying/losing thing.Can you drop the link I can read about it more please. Or give some info where I can get this information from.thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭welsummer

Hi all, I was interested in buying bee bread for my own consumption. I was wondering if anyone around the Dublin area sells any bee bread ?

Where do I stop or start. Google it. The internet is full of how pollen should be processed and stored

Advertisement