Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Questions about the PSNI IST

• 05-11-2015 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Alright lads i have my IST exam for the PSNI this month and ive a few questions. Id be grateful if anyone whos gone thru it could answer them for me.

Formalities wise should i go to the IST exam centre in a suit? Does it matter?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Attending the IST in a suit is not necessary, as you're not being monitored on your appearance just yet. Most guys go in just jeans and a t-shirt

-Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭.45auto

Shield wrote: »
    Attending the IST in a suit is not necessary, as you're not being monitored on your appearance just yet. Most guys go in just jeans and a t-shirt

-Shield.

Also how long after the IST will I hear back?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

.45auto wrote: »
    Also how long after the IST will I hear back?

It should say in your invitation email, although it could be a few days before or after that date.

It should say in your invitation email, although it could be a few days before or after that date.

I am talking about my results. How long in and around will they let me know if ive progressed to the next stage

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

I am talking about my results. How long in and around will they let me know if ive progressed to the next stage

Says in email that results will be notified check section 4 of email

• Advertisement

It tells you the date they anticipate the results to be sent out in the email invite for the IST.

Although the more time you have between IST and getting your result the better, as it gives you more time to prepare for stage 2, the assessment centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

There is an entire thread on the IST on this forum have you checked there for the answers before starting another thread?

It would seem you have also overlooked the entirety of the email as your potential colleagues have reminded you the answers to the questions you seek are contained within the email....

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    There is an entire thread on the IST on this forum have you checked there for the answers before starting another thread?

It would seem you have also overlooked the entirety of the email as your potential colleagues have reminded you the answers to the questions you seek are contained within the email....

My apologies Im n€W to boards I'm still learning to navigate the website

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

My apologies Im n€W to boards I'm still learning to navigate the website

No need for an apology, I was once new and its confusing at first. The website is a wealth of information and I hope you find some of it useful. The IST thread is full of great advice from those who once tread the same path you are on.... = ]

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ryan561

Has anyone any information about this years IST if I recall the previous two were quite similar, in terms of the data interpretation section anyway.

• Advertisement

Ryan561 wrote: »
    Has anyone any information about this years IST if I recall the previous two were quite similar, in terms of the data interpretation section anyway.

Can't discuss the content of the IST. If you are following the practice paper available at joinpsni.com you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

Ryan561 wrote: »

You're not allowed to talk about what is in the IST. It's a big No No. Just follow the practice one on the website and that should give you an idea on what to expect. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

You're not allowed to talk about what is in the IST. It's a big No No. Just follow the practice one on the website and that should give you an idea on what to expect. Good luck.

What she said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ryan561

I apologise

• Registered Users Posts: 47 blue3790

Alright lads i have my IST exam for the PSNI this month and ive a few questions. Id be grateful if anyone whos gone thru it could answer them for me.

Formalities wise should i go to the IST exam centre in a suit? Does it matter?

Nope, most people attend in jeans and a t shirt!

Advertisement