Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dressing the table

• 11-10-2015 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭

I like to dress my table about 2 weeks before Christmas.

It looks so nice so why do it the night before and then have it all used by Christmas Day?

This year I plan to tie my cutlery with a nice ribbon and also include a candy cane as decoration.

I am also going to try to do my napkins like Christmas Trees as per this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwFsT2uXnqY

Has anyone seen any green napkins like the video?

What way are you doing your table?

Closer to the date we must share pics!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Oh I love this thread! :) I have a good set of Delph I use for christmas and do set the table on christmas eve. But I have a lovely red and gold table cloth that goes on the table from December onwards. And I got a fab little set of kids Delph in heatons last year after christmas (they were reduced !) So can't wait to let the kids use them for December ! I love to see the different centre pieces people use for Christmas !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Oh I love this thread! :) I have a good set of Delph I use for christmas and do set the table on christmas eve. But I have a lovely red and gold table cloth that goes on the table from December onwards. And I got a fab little set of kids Delph in heatons last year after christmas (they were reduced !) So can't wait to let the kids use them for December ! I love to see the different centre pieces people use for Christmas !

Oooh sounds like you will have a lovely table!

Do post a pic when you have it set up.

I will ! Looking forward to seeing everyone pics now !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

I wish I had the time to do a really fancy table, but I use an old set of delph that I collect for the table in my own house.

washiskin wrote: »
    I wish I had the time to do a really fancy table, but I use an old set of delph that I collect for the table in my own house.

I'm probably going to get killed for saying this but I use a good set of nice white square Delph. And I dress it up with a nice table cloth and charger plates and a runner and candles etc. I just don't like the printed christmas Delph sets for the table ! My point is it doesn't matter what kind if Delph it is. It's the little finishing touches that make a nice table setting imo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Agree with glitzg. I use a plain white set, same set I use year round. With glass candle holders which have silver twigs and white berries around them. Silver charger plates if I can find them this year too. Either on a white table cloth or on the uncovered glass table. My tree is the same. Champagne gold, silver and white. In saying that, I reckon this will be the last year for that. As the baby gets older I can see it becoming more colourful and child friendly.

We will be Christmassing in my folks this year. Complete with Santa table cloth, tree decorated in "exploding decoration box" style and mismatched plates collected over a life time. Will be perfect!

Oh Whispered that sounds fab! Similar to mine tbh. I got around the multi coloured mayhem by giving the kids their own little christmas tree upstairs and the rule is they can put anything they like on it but not on the big trees. Works wonders. I'm also a christmas cheese at heart so we have printed santa delph sets for the kids for christmas eve and all going well we will be setting up a hot chocolate bar on the island in the kitchen this year complete with santa teapot and ridiculously cheesy santa mugs. I like to think it's a nice compromise for the all :D

Sorry meant to say seen heatons had silver and gold chargers in stock and online other day. Just type in christmas in their search bar !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Sorry meant to say seen heatons had silver and gold chargers in stock and online other day. Just type in christmas in their search bar !

Thanks for the heads up on Heatons didn't realise they had their Christmas stock online

SarahLil wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up on Heatons didn't realise they had their Christmas stock online

:)

• Advertisement

Heading in to town shortly.

I will be looking for green cloth napkins in Michael Guineys and chargers in Dealz.

I'll post pics later if I get either.

Just sharing a pic of some of my Christmas tableware.

I got the plates and Santa serving dish in the Coca Cola factory in Atlanta years ago.

I picked up the little serving dish for a dollar in a yard sale in Florida about 5 years ago. Great find - was very happy to bring it home to Ireland!

Heading in to town shortly.

I will be looking for green cloth napkins in Michael Guineys and chargers in Dealz.

I'll post pics later if I get either.
    Try Heatons for the green napkins, the had all colours the other day when I was there, (table cloth, place mats, napkins) they had green place mats, I am sure they probably have napkins too

Try Heatons for the green napkins, the had all colours the other day when I was there, (table cloth, place mats, napkins) they had green place mats, I am sure they probably have napkins too

I will have to try Heatons. None in Guineys. They are getting their Christmas stock in about 10 days.

No chargers in Dealz either.

I will have to try Heatons. None in Guineys. They are getting their Christmas stock in about 10 days.

No chargers in Dealz either.

Definitely a good selection of charger plates and napkins, table linen in heatons !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭GrayFox208

Some pretty boss napkin rings in Dunnes. Silver reindeer they look really nice.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I got my table cloth and table runner in home store and more last year but my god did they sell out quick.

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    Some pretty boss napkin rings in Dunnes. Silver reindeer they look really nice.

Yeah lovely they are,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭cadesin

My decorations are simple. I usually drape a neutral coloured woolen scarf as a table runner, add a chunky candle to a tray surrounded with greenery and use rosemary sprigs as napkin rings. My dishes are clear glass so it can look too sparse, placemats would be nice if I had any. Not sure what to do, perhaps cut out paper snowflakes to mimic a charger underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh I love the idea of rosemary sprigs as napkin rings!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Gold and red chargers are in Dealz now

Bought my Christmas plates today in TK Maxx

Tree print on the main plate. Plain for the side plate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Bought my Christmas plates today in TK Maxx

Tree print on the main plate. Plain for the side plate.

:eek:
    They are incredible. Were they expensive?

amdublin wrote: »
    :eek:
    They are incredible. Were they expensive?

3.99 for the dinner plate. 2.99 for the side plate

3.99 for the dinner plate. 2.99 for the side plate
    Well not cheap.

But stunning!!!

amdublin wrote: »
    Well not cheap.

But stunning!!!

Thanks.

I only bought two of each :D

Still on the hunt for green napkins. The ones in Heatons were too shiny and were also very skimpy and mean in size.

And Guineys still don't have any.....and are now saying they won't get any in.

Still on the hunt for green napkins. The ones in Heatons were too shiny and were also very skimpy and mean in size.

And Guineys still don't have any.....and are now saying they won't get any in.

Did you try Boyers I seen green tablecloth there today , they could be worth a try

Did you try Boyers I seen green tablecloth there today , they could be worth a try

Good idea! I'll try there

• Advertisement
Advertisement