Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding money and P C Knobheads

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

well for a start, no such thing as "P C Knobheads" or "p c"

general Knobheads do exist however
    Jesus, Hair splitting Jesus

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Deffo wouldn't hand it in the Guards. Found a watch years ago and handed it in . went to the station a year later to see if it had been claimed. Guard behind the counter had no record of me handing it in. Surprise, surprise.;)
    See, Guards son ''Lovely watch'' Patrick... Me Da got it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

chillin117 wrote: »
    This morning at 7am found a 50 at Busaras Luas. Mentioned it to a guy(Knobhead) in work. He immediately jumped up on his soapbox and told me I should have handed it in, Store St Garda right beside you etc etc... So at 10.30 bought a sambo and said to him '' Only 46 left now'' and he blew a fuse ! So at lunchtime I topped up my phone and said ''Only 26 left now(Just to wind him up) and the ****er reported me for ''Not being honest'' to my manager ! So in the afternoon I got cream cakes for everyone and he hit the roof and walked out and went home ! What a bellend !
    That's it really, I work with a knob. 50 is not worth my while reporting so I just spent it, The ''receiving guard'' probably would have done the same.
    Would you just spend it ?

Glad I don't have to work with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭sonny.knowles

Baiting you appearently,

Just giving credit where due. No need to get defensive. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Sure if its a loose 50 quid note, and theres no one in the vicinity looking for it, you keep it. You can hardly trace a lone note back to its owner. If its a wallet with ID and stuff in it then its a different story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

This morning at 7am found a 50 at Busaras Luas. Mentioned it to a guy(Knobhead) in work. He immediately jumped up on his soapbox and told me I should have handed it in, Store St Garda right beside you etc etc... So at 10.30 bought a sambo and said to him '' Only 46 left now'' and he blew a fuse ! So at lunchtime I topped up my phone and said ''Only 26 left now(Just to wind him up) and the ****er reported me for ''Not being honest'' to my manager ! So in the afternoon I got cream cakes for everyone and he hit the roof and walked out and went home ! What a bellend !
    That's it really, I work with a knob. 50 is not worth my while reporting so I just spent it, The ''receiving guard'' probably would have done the same.

Keep baiting the Knobhead, you couldn't give those phuckers enough of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Martial9

I found a 100 dollar bill in NE. Probably should have nipped it into me pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

I honestly don't think most people would go to the guards to see if anyone had handed in a loose E50. It can be a hefty hit, but these days, it's a bit more below the threshold of what the guards will take very seriously.

I'll go right out of my way to find the owner of a lost phone or wallet - god knows, people have done it for me in the past, but a loose 50; although I might hang around a few minutes in case anyone comes back that way, I just don't think it has much chance of getting back to its owner.

By the way, there's nothing of "political correctness" about it all.

Samaris wrote: »
    I honestly don't think most people would go to the guards to see if anyone had handed in a loose E50. It can be a hefty hit, but these days, it's a bit more below the threshold of what the guards will take very seriously.

I'll go right out of my way to find the owner of a lost phone or wallet - god knows, people have done it for me in the past, but a loose 50; although I might hang around a few minutes in case anyone comes back that way, I just don't think it has much chance of getting back to its owner.

By the way, there's nothing of "political correctness" about it all.

Exactly.

Thanks for the fifty, lads. I am paying for yisser pints all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Found €100 note years ago in a toilet all crumpled up into a ball.

No I never touched it with my hands and it went straight to good use.

Bought a sh1t load of cake.

Yum I likes cake.

• Advertisement

See, Guards son ''Lovely watch'' Patrick... Me Da got it for me

My sister was helped by an Irish cop. He was really there. Fast forward a few years and she owns a restaurant.

We will pay for this bite. "Nope". He had a meal in her restaurant.

"Delighted to see you doing well, we go for a pint".

This is my family, so can we pick up the bill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Just burned my tongue on bolognese. Typical f***ing PC brigade sauce! :mad:

Billy86 wrote: »
    Just burned my tongue on bolognese. Typical f***ing PC brigade sauce! :mad:

Recipe?

Martial9 wrote: »
    Recipe?
    1 onion (chopped fine)
    1 carrot (grated, optional)
    Some chopped mushrooms (optional)
    1-2 garlic cloves (chopped fine)
    500g mince
    1 tin tomatoes
    1 tbsp tomato paste
    350ml beef stock (or 250ml stock + 100ml cheap wine, red or white is grand)
    Salt, pepper, mixed dried green herbs.

Fry the onion in a large pot for 3 minutes or so on high, then add the mince until it's browned, then the garlic for a minute or two. Throw all the rest in, stir through, add about 1 tbsp of each herb and 1 tbsp of salt (less if you want), plus 2-ish tbsps worth of black pepper. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 60-90 ins, *stirring every 15-20 minutes until there is barely any 'sauce' left - makes it more like an oil that clings the meat to the pasta. Sprinkle some parmesan (or any cheese if you don't have parm) on top, and a pinch more green herbs if you're doing it for other people and want to make it look fancier than it is.

*Don't need to stir long, just scrape the wooden spoon off the bottom of the pot so no meat is sticking or burning down there. Also why you don't leave the heat too high.

If you're happy to get cheaper mince and non-brand ingredients the above will do you for 3-5 meals depending on portion size, if you spread it to 5 (use more pasta) you can cover your work lunches for the week for a total of about €6.00 - 7.50 at a guess! I got all the above for under $10 (no mushrooms or cheese*), and Toronto is an arse of a place for food prices, typically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Any money I find goes to the RNLI.

Cake never saved a life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭sonny.knowles

Any money I find goes to the RNLI.

Cake never saved a life.

The RNLI begs to differ:

https://twitter.com/burryportrnli/status/619796859071143936

"Fact : eating cake saves lives. Burry port lifeboat open day tomorrow."

1 onion (....rooms or cheese*), and Toronto is an arse of a place for food prices, typically.

I was only having the craic, Billy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Last time I'm giving them pc bastards anything! :D

Martial9 wrote: »
    I was only having the craic, Billy.

I figured, but it's fecking tasty!

I know, man.

The recipe has been taken in.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

haha brilliant. That guy you work with sounds like a rite bell-end. Enjoy the money.! Can you please find another way to annoy him and then report back to us with the story. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Fleawuss wrote: »
    That may be true of the initial thing but that's no longer the issue. The issue is the repeated baiting of someone whom the OP already knew had reacted strongly to the story. By OPs admission he repeated the dose a few more times. That makes it deliberate and intended. He needs to get his act together.

I'd say your a barrel of laughs at work! And it's not worth anything to the guy that was baited. If anything he should be brought in front of his manager for heading off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Add a pinch each of ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg, and a good few drops of Worcester sauce.

You'll thank me!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

the ****er reported me for ''Not being honest'' to my manager !

One word - fúcktard.

A pity you didn't deliver a firm & swift kick to his gonads after he did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Found €100 note years ago in a toilet all crumpled up into a ball.

No I never touched it with my hands and it went straight to good use.

Bought a sh1t load of Coke
    Yum I likes coke.

Nice one...

Hey OP I lost a fifty on the luas yesterday morning, can I have it back please..

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭brian_7070

Azalea wrote: »

Best reply Ive seen on boards. Im definitely using that picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭wilhelm roentgen

realies wrote: »

Actually about two years ago I went to an ATM to withdraw money and right there in front of me was 150e still in the cash dispenser, not a sinner around, bit of a mystery, but that went in my pocket to.

A few years ago my wife was in a local shopping centre and mistakenly left a couple of hundred euro in an ATM machine, it was near the entrance to a supermarket.
    When realising the error she returned to the ATM to find it had gone, she went to the security guard in the centre and asked him if there was any CCTV footage, there was.
    She saw herself on camera at the ATM and walking away, soon after this bloke walks up and spots the money, pockets it and walks into the supermarket, takes the money from his pocket (near the fruit and veg) and counts it, puts it back in his pocket and leaves. The camera then followed him all the way though the centre to the carpark and into his car, the camera picks up his registration plate……BINGO!
    My wife then went to the guards with the information, the guards track down this guy and charge him with Theft by Finding or Stealing by finding. I wanted to punch his ****íng lights out.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theft_by_finding

All the money was returned. And the moral of the story is that you realies are a thieving scrote

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

I remember being in Shelbourne Park a couple of years ago waiting to go to the tote. A lady before me was standing on a €50 note. I tapped her on the shoulder and told her what she was standing on. She picked it up and we both went on with our business.

To this day I wish I hadn't told her. Am I sure it was her money? Am I sure it wasn't? No but still....it haunts me.......

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭brian_7070

Regardless of the morality of the situation, i applaud you for the trolling of the Knobhead in work.

Bravo sir.

Ill second that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

Isn't that just like the Public service, already has a job...finds money...decides he deserves it.

Advertisement