Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghostbusters HQ

• 27-10-2015 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

Massive set but my god the price of it!
    ghostbusters-02.jpg
    LINK
    More pics!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Really irritating unveiling. Give me more pics of the product lego.

Looks great, although it'd be better with dark orange rather than red bricks. I'll definitely be getting this though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭sonny.knowles

Prefer the upcoming Brick Bank modular, but will get both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I am so getting this. I already have ecto 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭SteM

Anyone know the best place to get an ecto 1? Would like to pick one up for the young lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I got mine direct from Lego. I asked in Smyths and they said it wouldn't be getting re-stocked. Unsure of any other B&M store where you might find it.

bennyx_o wrote: »
    I got mine direct from Lego. I asked in Smyths and they said it wouldn't be getting re-stocked. Unsure of any other B&M store where you might find it.

Thanks, doesn't seem to be in stock from the lego store.

SteM wrote: »
    Anyone know the best place to get an ecto 1? Would like to pick one up for the young lad.

Where are you based?

Where are you based?

In Dublin but I don't mind buying online.

In Dublin but I don't mind buying online.

Spotted them in a store in cork last week but it's not the type of place that'd have any on line sales. It's Toytown in Blackpool retail park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,757 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I could have swore I saw one in Ken Black in Carlow last Sunday. Might be worth giving them a ring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Nimble Fingers in Stillorgan have one in stock. 46.9x or 47.9x.

Shame there aren't more pictures. I want to see inside damnit!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

g0g wrote: »
    Massive set but my god the price of it!
    ghostbusters-02.jpg
    LINK
    More pics!

Yup. My gaff.

Yup. My gaff.

I wish it was my gaff. Wanted to live in a firehouse since I was about 8.

Ecto 1 showing as available to buy on the Irish Lego web site.

Thanks, it was out of stock last week.

Thanks, it was out of stock last week.

Yes, sorry, should have said back available now. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

It looks pretty nice but the price is just beyond justification. Maybe if it was limited to 100 sets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

qwertz wrote: »
    It looks pretty nice but the price is just beyond justification. Maybe if it was limited to 100 sets.

If it was limited to 100 sets you wouldn't stand a chance in getting one as they would be gone in the blink of an eye. Look at the limited edition 4x4 crawler from last year 20,000 units shifted in about 12 hours as far as I remember.

This will sell without issue even at the price. They do it for Star Wars sets and they sell without any issue.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

qwertz wrote: »

As another poster said, If it was limited to 100 sets none of us could ever hope to get one.

Yes its pricey but its a serious bit of kit. "Does this pole work?" It sure does.

11224043_10153303116383403_5068977756636556323_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=ccfae7a0990093f420c75ca55fdb4705&oe=56EC3589

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Anyone think it's likely to be back in Smyths or elsewhere before Christmas?

It's €62 after you add on shipping on the Lego site. :o

• Moderators Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭Spocker

Dades wrote: »
    Anyone think it's likely to be back in Smyths or elsewhere before Christmas?

It's €62 after you add on shipping on the Lego site. :o

Add a couple of keyrings to bring it up the €55 mark to qualify for the free shipping ;)

Suggestions:
    http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Spider-Man-Key-Chain-850507?fromListing=listing
    http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/LEGO-Marvel-Super-Heroes-The-Hulk-Key-Chain-850814?fromListing=listing
    http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/LEGO-Star-Wars-Darth-Maul-Key-Chain-850446?fromListing=listing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

i've not bought lego in years but this one really appeals to me. Just can't justify the price tag of it unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,067 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Available to buy now:

http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Firehouse-Headquarters-75827?fromListing=listing

Any chance this has a limited run and could sell out, I notice limit of 1?

Available to buy now:

http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Firehouse-Headquarters-75827?fromListing=listing

Any chance this has a limited run and could sell out, I notice limit of 1?

It'll probably be on sale for two years I'd guess. Might sell out the odd time during that. All the S@H exclusive stuff is limited to one at the moment. Really annoying as I need to get two Brick Banks. One for myself and another as a present.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭Larry the Logster

It'll probably be on sale for two years I'd guess. Might sell out the odd time during that. All the S@H exclusive stuff is limited to one at the moment. Really annoying as I need to get two Brick Banks. One for myself and another as a present.

Not sure how strict they are on the limits. I ordered a second Dr Who and second Wall-e a couple of weeks ago (for Christmas gifts), both a Limit: 1, I only realized a few days later but the order was fulfilled and delivered before Christmas.

Detectives Office also shows as Limit 1, I ordered one on day 1 last year and a second one in March without any problems.

Maybe order the second one in a few weeks when things die down a bit.

Ordered a Brick Bank this morning, I will wait and see if I can get double VIP points (some time in March) on the Ghostbusters HQ though since it is pricey, and an extra 5% off would be nice. Comments on Bricklink suggest it is selling well in physical lego stores but as you say, it will be on sale for a fair while yet, closest recent equivalent is probably the Helicarrier which is readily available direct from Lego.

• Moderators Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭Spocker

All the S@H exclusive stuff is limited to one at the moment. Really annoying as I need to get two Brick Banks. One for myself and another as a present.

Its not a set I'd buy myself, so drop me a PM if you want to buy one through my account, I'd be happy to arrange that with you

• Advertisement

Spocker wrote: »
    Its not a set I'd buy myself, so drop me a PM if you want to buy one through my account, I'd be happy to arrange that with you

Fantastic offer Spocker, but ended up using the wife's account. Thanks again.

Advertisement