Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 blue3790

Newbie here! Just wondering, is there any other way to prepare for IST other than the example one online? Want to prep as best I can, grateful for any help!

Also is your merit score soley based on IST and AC? Are any other factors taken into consideration?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

blue3790 wrote: »
    Also is your merit score soley based on IST and AC? Are any other factors taken into consideration?

Your AC score determines your placement on the merit list so its essential to do as well as you can at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

blue3790 wrote: »

As far as I am aware your IST score is used purely to get you into the AC. All you need is to pass the IST.

After that it's all about the AC result. You want as high a score as possible:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Back again for another go at this recruitment drive..... Here's hoping. Applied 2 years ago but can't remember what I used for my username on here back then. Next step, IST.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 bow runner

Back to fitness training, cold wet evening....dying...lol....hope this is worth the pain.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

No pain no gain!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bow runner

All seems like pain at minute.....aching old bones

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

bow runner wrote: »
    All seems like pain at minute.....aching old bones

Keep going the old bones will thank you for it, trust me after almost a year on fitness regime they only squeak now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭janet1989

I choose to have my IST on a Saturday. Are any of the Dublin dates on a Saturday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

janet1989 wrote: »
    I choose to have my IST on a Saturday. Are any of the Dublin dates on a Saturday?

I'm not sure if they run Dublin dates, you might be required to come up north.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭janet1989

Have they released the figures yet on how many applied for this months recruitment campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

janet1989 wrote: »

Pretty sure on the last campaign all IST's were held in NI. Given budgets, etc. it'll probably be the same this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sheepsy

bow runner wrote: »
    Back to fitness training, cold wet evening....dying...lol....hope this is worth the pain.....

Will be worth it though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

This article here says ''recruitment campaign closed on Friday and attracted more than 4,000 applicants''

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-ford-rules-out-return-of-5050-psni-recruitment-34140314.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Woohooo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Just got my email saying ill be going forward for the ist, says ill have my appointment finalised by the 30th of october, just wondering if anyone has any idea when these appointments will be, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭hellomoto1234

only 4000 applicants?! numbers are waaaaaaaay down on previous years...Is this a combination of a number of things or mainly to do with the decrease in starting salary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Breaking bad

only 4000 applicants?! numbers are waaaaaaaay down on previous years...Is this a combination of a number of things or mainly to do with the decrease in starting salary?

Prob due to salary id say and with more security alerts etc. I read that there was only 100 jobs allocated but the police federation say that there needs to be 6 times that number.

Puts it into perspective now that Ive been told I've been successful when 7000 people applied when I did - I think.

Prob due to salary id say and with more security alerts etc. I read that there was only 100 jobs allocated but the police federation say that there needs to be 6 times that number.

Puts it into perspective now that Ive been told I've been successful when 7000 people applied when I did - I think.
    Also think of the number of people who have reapplied who are waiting on word from 1405 campaign if they hear in next few months numbers will reduce even more, they may even have to hold another recruitment campaign in new year after IST stage is over

• Advertisement

Also think of the number of people who have reapplied who are waiting on word from 1405 campaign if they hear in next few months numbers will reduce even more, they may even have to hold another recruitment campaign in new year after IST stage is over

Could be lower due to the fact that applicants from previous campaigns have been successful in obtaining a place at GV or possibly another UK force.

Also third time round for anyone who was unsuccessful in previous campaigns could have been too much and they decided not to reapply.

Could be lower due to the fact that applicants from previous campaigns have been successful in obtaining a place at GV or possibly another UK force.

Also third time round for anyone who was unsuccessful in previous campaigns could have been too much and they decided not to reapply.

"third time" - if I'd adopted that approach i'd have given up years ago :)

"third time" - if I'd adopted that approach i'd have given up years ago :)

Perseverance will pay off, nothing worth doing is ever easy.

I'd say aswell that third time around you'd have a better idea of what they are looking for in the IST and AC.

Perseverance will pay off, nothing worth doing ever easy.

I'd say aswell that third time around you'd have a better idea of what they are looking for in the IST and AC.

Oh without a doubt - the IST over the years hasn't changed that much tbh - the AC on the other hand is a lot tougher than what is was say 10 years ago - you have to showcase your talent/skills now rather than sitting on the fence! (well that's my opinion)

Oh without a doubt - the IST over the years hasn't changed that much tbh - the AC on the other hand is a lot tougher than what is was say 10 years ago - you have to showcase your talent/skills now rather than sitting on the fence! (well that's my opinion)

Yeah you do have to put yourself forward and show why you are suitable, I found in the first campaign that the AC to be an unnatural situation to be put in for someone who has no experience in that area. I've been having a look at my feedback from it and know what I need to develop this time round if I get to it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Has anyone received details of the IST appointments yet? In my initial response email they said they would be in touch via email by October 30th.

IUA14 wrote: »
    Has anyone received details of the IST appointments yet? In my initial response email they said they would be in touch via email by October 30th.

They told me the same and I still haven't heard. Been refreshing my inbox all day
    :(

everyone needs to chill out, if you have confirmation they will come :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Sheepsy

everyone needs to chill out, if you have confirmation they will come :)

Agreed. It's not a fast process trust me, as someone who's still part of the last campaign, waiting is a big part of trying to get this job. Don't be surprised if emails come after 6pm, the working day doesn't seem to mean anything.

They will arrive...someday...hopefully...before 2020 for sure

Advertisement