Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*Eirtakon 2015: 13th - 15th Nov, Croke Park Convention Centre*

• 13-10-2015 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

Hey guys! It's almost time for Eirtakon again, yay \o/

As always, RandomSelect/AsOne Productions will be assisting with our Games area so you know it's gonna be in good hands! Our final timetable will be going live next week but here's a sneak preview of the fighting games so y'all can mark the date in your calendars!

Sat 14th
    10.30am UMvC3
    12pm USF4
    2pm SSB Melee
    4pm Mortal Kombat X

Sun 15th
    11am Smash WiiU
    1pm Project M

Aaaaand of course there's loads of other tournaments incl. Mario Kart, Pokemon, Halo, CoD, Rocket League, Catherine etc. plus we have a PC section this year for anyone interested in that, with LoL, Heathstone and CS:GO. I'll post up the finalised timetable next week.

I believe there might even be an extra special panel presented by some members of the FGC taking place on Saturday at 2pm...

Eirtakon is the biggest anime/manga/gaming con in Ireland at the moment with over 3000 attendees in 2014, and takes place in the Croke Park Convention Centre. The FGC have been coming for many years and it's always a good shout so hopefully see y'all there! Tickets are 35e for a weekend (Fri, Sat and Sun) and can be purchased online in advance, day tickets are €25 on Saturday and €20 on Sunday and can be bought on the door. Any questions, let me know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Halo 2 on Master Chief Collection?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Halo 2 on Master Chief Collection?

a4091451cad93c60e1dc2f2543cb4173.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I'm there !

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭spriral

I'll try my best to make it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 kevin6877

I'll be going. Hey, any chance of a TTT2 tournament? Also, do you know if USFIV is on 360 or PS3 or both? Ideally I'd play on PS3 because I'm used to the frame delay and I also only have a PS3 fightstick. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

kevin6877 wrote: »
    I'll be going. Hey, any chance of a TTT2 tournament? Also, do you know if USFIV is on 360 or PS3 or both? Ideally I'd play on PS3 because I'm used to the frame delay and I also only have a PS3 fightstick. Cheers.

TTT2 isn't there to my knowledge

USF4 is always played on 360

Nutrient wrote: »
    TTT2 isn't there to my knowledge

USF4 is always played on 360

Damn, cheers, Nutrient.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Its actually xbox that has the frame delay afaik. You barely notice it anyway. Unless you have to play El fuerte or Abel. Then you might drop your S**T!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Hey guys. No Tekken unfortunately :(

The timetable is different to op. The tournies will be more during the day. I'll post up the time table when it's finalised. A case of lost in translation with the guys at eirtakon - took me too long to get back to them. Trying to have all Nintendo ones on the Sunday and the others sat. There will also be casual setups on the sat for smash et al.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I wouldn't say the one frame difference will make too much difference, most people aren't that good at the game tbh :)

Also I'll give you a loaner of my stick when I'm not playing. Long as you're not mashing the crap out of it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Hey guys. No Tekken unfortunately :(

The timetable is different to op. The tournies will be more during the day. I'll post up the time table when it's finalised. A case of lost in translation with the guys at eirtakon - took me too long to get back to them. Trying to have all Nintendo ones on the Sunday and the others sat. There will also be casual setups on the sat for smash et al.

I edited the OP to take out the times anyway till ye get them confirmed :)

I wouldn't say the one frame difference will make too much difference, most people aren't that good at the game tbh :)

Also I'll give you a loaner of my stick when I'm not playing. Long as you're not mashing the crap out of it!

Yeah, the main thing would be using my own stick. That's very kind of you, DooM, you needn't worry, I'll be gentle with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

And not a single anime fighter. :pac:

And not a single anime fighter. :pac:

Does seem odd for Eirtakon alright.

Does seem odd for Eirtakon alright.

Blame ayjay :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If someone wants to give us a console with Guilty gear and the DLC for the weekend I'm sure we could accomodate :D

I'll drop one into you because I'm such a nice guy and not at all because I want to play Transformers: Devastation

We have the timetable, yay! The entire con timetable will be released tomorrow, I'll link it then.

But for fighting games anyway:

Sat 14th
    10.30am UMvC3
    12pm USF4
    2pm SSB Melee
    4pm Mortal Kombat X

Sun 15th
    11am Smash WiiU
    1pm Project M

So hope to see lots of you there! Again, if anyone has any queries about the con let me know :)

Full schedule for the con has been released, for anyone interested!

Guilty Gear will be on Sat Afternoon.

thanks Kiki!

Chopper - with your consoles there is like all the games right?

• Advertisement

thanks Kiki!

What time? I can get it added into the full timetable.

Konata wrote: »
    What time? I can get it added into the full timetable.

We'll go with 3pm - I updated the google spreadsheet for you if you want to use that :)

thanks Kiki!

I'll have Xrd, Chronophantasma Extend, CVS2, 3S, Garou, Injustice for PS3.

EDIT: Along with USF4, SFxT and SF:EX+A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I can bring a PS3 + Xbox with the necessary games if you want it.

*Bump*

One week to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I'll have Xrd, Chronophantasma Extend, CVS2, 3S, Garou, Injustice for PS3.

EDIT: Along with USF4, SFxT and SF:EX+A
    This sounds great great. I'm Interested

Do you need one of those eSports competitor tickets in order to take part in the tournaments? I just ordered the standard weekend pass, since it seemed to just be talking about the LoL and Hearthstone tourneys, so I assumed it was just for all those.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Fighting Games are being run by RS.ie. You don't need to purchase anything separate. We're awesome like that :) Saying that, there might be the standard 1 or 2€ entry fee, which is mainly there to stop people entering and then wandering off. That goes to Eirtakon anyway.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Fighting Games are being run by RS.ie. You don't need to purchase anything separate. We're awesome like that :) Saying that, there might be the standard 1 or 2€ entry fee, which is mainly there to stop people entering and then wandering off. That goes to Eirtakon anyway.

Ah, yeah, I've no problem paying the entry fee, I just wanted to check I had bought the right ticket :P You gonna be there yourself, Onion?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Of course! Been at them all since 2010 I think!

Advertisement