Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Depositing/Withdrawing from Online Bookies

Options
  • 15-10-2015 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

I’m about to take the plunge and sign up to an online bookmaker so I need your help with a the following question:

What’s the best way of depositing/withdrawing funds from my online account? I don’t want to link my bank a/c to my bookies account so do I need to sign up to a money transfer service like PayPal or Moneybookers before I open an online account.

I know Paddy Power has the option of adding a Cash Card to your account so is this the best option to take if you don’t want your bank manager knowing anything about your gambling habits! I know the max withdrawal is €500 with a Cash Card but I like the idea of depositing/withdrawing funds using those handy touchscreen machines they now have in all Paddy Power shops.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Best one to sign up too is netteller, you can order a card for your account and use as a debit card etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

And don't go near those machines in Powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Med101007

Collie D wrote: »
    And don't go near those machines in Powers.

Why?? I find them very handy and I had a nice few winners betting on different events on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

Med101007 wrote: »
    Why?? I find them very handy and I had a nice few winners betting on different events on them.

The odds on those machines are inferior to Paddy Powers actual prices.
    Even the machines in Ladbrokes and Boyles are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭shmeee

Best one to sign up too is netteller, you can order a card for your account and use as a debit card etc

Paysafe cards for funding skrill account.
    Then get a skrill MasterCard to withdraw cash instantly at ATM or use it in shops also.

Your bank account is never touched.

So you need a Paysafe account and a skrill account and then apply for a skrill MasterCard, costs a 10er or so a year.

One way of completely avoiding the banks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Could always lodge it to your account in a shop...zero paper trail ive been doing it the last 18 months..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

shmeee wrote: »
    Paysafe cards for funding skrill account.
    Then get a skrill MasterCard to withdraw cash instantly at ATM or use it in shops also.

Your bank account is never touched.

So you need a Paysafe account and a skrill account and then apply for a skrill MasterCard, costs a 10er or so a year.

One way of completely avoiding the banks

Skrill are doing a lot of changes in 2016. More charges and heftier charges. Lodging in shops more attractive now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭shmeee

callaway92 wrote: »
    Skrill are doing a lot of changes in 2016. More charges and heftier charges. Lodging in shops more attractive now.

Is the skrill 1 tap gone from bet365 or not working anymore for others?

Have to lodge to skrill first (at a cost) now and then on again.

More charges.

Advertisement