Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any sound barbers that will cut short hair on females?

• 03-10-2015 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ch1984

Hi all..

I'm just after moving to the city and need to find a barbers that is fine about cutting short hair on a female. It's a generic dry cut.

My family home is in Wicklow and I've moved from Dublin and over the years in both places I've struggled to find barbers without having to go through sneering and snide remarks.. not to mention being patronized and (being charged more than the dry cut actually costs because of my gender ) I kid you not!

In the end I've always found someone but I'd rather avoid going through all that again if I can so if anyone could recommend a good barbers in the city that will take no issue with doing a dry cut on a female that would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks all in advance..

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Try crew on shop street, they seem like a nice bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ch1984

Hi, thanks very much, I'll check them out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

Try Kozzies. They have loads of female barbers, so it'll be a lot more pleasant than a place full of auld lads. They are in Galway shopping centre and Joyces in knocknacarra. I think they have another place in town but I can't remember where

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

If you're in the south of the city try Headmasters in Doughuicse over Jack Jordans it's a barbers that I use and a number of girls come into have the side of there head trimmed down and some have the tribal designs inserted.

Great, thanks guys.. at least I have a few to go and try out now :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

+ 1 for Crew barbers, I usually go to the barbers chair down near the garda station. Simple good cut and no chit chat..

Haha, sometimes no chit chat at a barbers is a wonderful thing ;)

• There's sometimes nothing worse than a barber that tries to make forced awkward chitchat with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sharmander

Another +1 for The Crew. Get my undercut maintained in there and they're so lovely too, they made no fuss at all over me being a woman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,039 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I got the worst cut of my life in Crew at the weekend. My normal barber was way too busy & I was in a rush, so I went there.

I had a top knot going in, the barber/hairdresser obviously did not listen to me, and proceeded to cut off way too much hair and let's just so I no longer have one.

I think she knew she messed up as she never even showed me the haircut with a mirror or asked me what I thought of it.

• Advertisement

FitzShane wrote:
    I got the worst cut of my life in Crew at the weekend. My normal barber was way too busy & I was in a rush, so I went there.

I nipped in there a few days ago just to speak to them and didn't like the vibe I got..

Since then I sent a message to Fat Tonys (there seems to be a couple of them around) the guy who replied seemed really nice so I'm probably gonna try there first.. also some pics of cuts they do look really good.

Advertisement