Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elderly couple love

Options
  • 10-10-2015 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

I wouldnt call myself a romantic but i always smile when i see a couple in tneir 80s + holding hands

Isnt it just the cutiest thing ever

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

It's so one of them (the senile one) doesn't wander off and get lost!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 NintendoGirl

I love seeing old men wearing a full suit on just a normal day, going about their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Specialun wrote: »
    I wouldnt call myself a romantic but i always smile when i see a couple in tneir 80s + holding hands

Pah! They are probably holding each other up/ trying to stop each other from escaping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭OhDearyMe

It is. It's the cutest gosh darn thing ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Can't help but think of this:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Wrinkly sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Specialun wrote: »

I'm not a fan of public displays of affection anyway, so I'm going to have to say no, it's not any way cute, and when you're walking behind them and they're taking up the whole footpath, then it's just irritating. I'll just go around them though as I can't bear looking at them being all loved up in front of me!

I'm really not a grumpy misanthropic prude, i just don't get it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

That old couple on Gogglebox are fcuking adorable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Go on! Smirk and joke at the expense of old folk who know what love is really all about. It's After Hours. Fill your boots.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Reminds me of Hilton Edwards and Micheal MacLiammor on the LLS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Anyone else imagining Srameen's face contorted in the throes of sexual ecstasy?

Mantle with aplomb!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I love seeing old men wearing a full suit on just a normal day, going about their business.

They sure dressed a lot better than today's generation.

Anyone else imagining Srameen's face contorted in the throes of sexual ecstasy?

Mantle with aplomb!

My back is the real problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

I think its nice and funny when they sort of bicker.

I knew an elderly couple and his hearing isnt the best but he would pretend its worse when she asked him things that he didnt want to hear.

I remember her speaking to him once and he just blankly ignored her and she left the room saying "he cant hear me anyway" and the second she was out of sight, he started a conversation with me referring to things she had just said so he could hear her all along. :)

Generally they got on really well though. Sadly she has passed away now and he is lost without her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

It's so cute to see older couples in that age range still so in love with each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

My mam and dad hold hands when they go out together and its so sweet I think

Define older couples.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

Yes! Definitely Srameen. My parents aren't eldery

My boss has been married for about 40 years. Whenever he's on the phone to his wife and they're about to end the call, he lowers his voice and almost whispers 'I love you' before he says goodbye.

I get a catch in my throat every time. When I'm his age I want to have loved someone, and have them love me back, for 40 years.

I also love to see my Granny getting ready to go out. She wears proper hats, and the last thing she does before she leaves is apply a layer of Revlon Red lipstick at the hall mirror. Something about that ritual really makes me smile inside.

Advertisement