Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I get the occasional 503 when going to User CP on the main site but a refresh fixes it. Otherwise not having any difficulties at all.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Just had a 404 going into a thread on touch

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Just had a 404 going into a thread on touch

Just had to refresh a thread to get all the posts to load as well.

Another 404 opening this thread to make this post to boot.

Twas merely the eye of the storm.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 64,843 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Dav wrote: »
    our own use of the site today is suggesting that everything is ok

Looks like we are heavier users of the site than you are so :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm still getting 503's on touch- and there are a couple of threads on the full site where I click 'next page' and just keep getting the same page, on a loop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

404 when opening this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Getting 404s here too.

Posted here then I went back to the homepage. Clicked on my forums and got a post an hour ago in the 'who would you vote for thread', click on the my threads and there's a post 17 mins ago in the same thread?

Come back here to edit my post. Clicking on the thread takes me to the top of the third page instead of the bottom and when I scroll down none of the posts from the last hour are there. Three refreshes later my own post appears. Bedtime I think

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Has anyone remembered to feed the hamsters today? They're restless, it looks like they got hold of the time machine and are messing with it and the notification counter again...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Unusable again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Just got directed to attached from this thread...opened in the same webpage no popup etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Thanks for the updates. Had been fine for me but going very wonky again this evening.

Keep telling me I have unread notifications of threads that haven't got new posts.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If it's of any help to those 'in the know', the time machine goes back to posts between 22:39 and 22:54 and thereabouts.

It's like a real life version of the last episode of Futurama. :rolleyes: :cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Having problems in the MMA forum just now, was working fine for me all day otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Sites back to the way it was a few days ago.

404's (mostly on the touch site)

Same page showing up over and over.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Wonking on me right now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I hear the site is being revamped, could that be why it's messed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I'm also getting tons of 404s and missing posts on Touch tonight - it had been fine since Monday night til now. Having to refresh threads 5 or 6 times to see the latest posts, and getting "invalid post ID" error messages when I try edit my own new posts for typos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭The_fever

404 city

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,657 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

So far:
    • List of threads showing up as being unread when I've read them all
    • Posts remaining where they are when I try to delete them
    • Searching PMs yields no results, even though there are plenty from <user> to be seen upon viewing PM inbox
    • All threads in forum disappearing and reappearing
    • A generic "Database Error" screen when trying to use Modutils

Hope these details are helpful in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,733 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Tonight seeing 'stale' pages - which means I see new post notifications that are minutes old/already read, when I read a thread and write a post to it, I am taken back to the first instance of the page before I posted, sometimes 5 minutes or longer afterward, after repeated full refreshes.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

Something something hamsters on strike until 3am break restored

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Getting 404s and old pages again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Posts and thanks have disappeared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Thanks not showing, and threads hopping back three pages. When you hit the button to go to the last page, it brings you three pages back still.

Also got a failure when trying to send a pm , one I hadn't seen before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭shanec1928

404s like everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Site's banjaxed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Hopping back in time by nine hours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Getting some 404s here too or loading up a thread where I've unread posts (stating most recent unread post X mins ago) but no no new posts are visible since a post X hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

404 here too and followed threads acting up. Going back a few pages instead of to last post read

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

404 errors, threads not updating, last posts duplicating all happening for me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement