Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB 2015 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Igotadose wrote: »
    Jack... one must set ones hopes artificially high when the Mets are in the postseason. It's traditional; as Mrs. Igotadose, who has watched me suffer lo these many years at the hands of failing Met's teams reminds me, "They do it to break your heart."

So, I'm predicting:

Chicago & Houston for the wild card wins.

AL: Toronto over Texas in 3. Houston over KC in 6. Toronto over Houston in 6.

NL: STL over CHI in 5. Mets over LA in 4.
    Mets over STL in 6.

Mets over Toronto in 6.

I would not be so sure about The Blue Jays. They seriously lost their focus in the last week (they went 1-4) and it might be tough to get that focus back. The Rangers on the other hand were fighting to the last day and are probably in more of a rhythm than the Blue Jays. The decision to allow Buehrle to pitch on the last day and basically throw away homefield advantage was also a bizarre one.

Hard to see the Mets beating the Dodgers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Condensed game on MLB.tv for me while I eat my breakfast tomorrow morning. I think they get through a game in about 15 minutes. Probably what I'll do throughout the playoffs

I hate how there is no commentary on them videos. Just do it like the NFL condensed game with the commentary over it. It's odd watching a Home Run in complete silence, especially at away ballpark. Regardless, I'll wait up for this one tonight, or at least try to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    I hate how there is no commentary on them videos. Just do it like the NFL condensed game with the commentary over it. It's odd watching a Home Run in complete silence, especially at away ballpark. Regardless, I'll wait up for this one tonight, or at least try to.

Yea years ago they left the commentary in, and they also showed every payoff pitch from every at bat, so it was something like watching a condensed game. Now it's just some weird silent extended highlights package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Igotadose wrote: »
    Jack... one must set ones hopes artificially high when the Mets are in the postseason. It's traditional; as Mrs. Igotadose, who has watched me suffer lo these many years at the hands of failing Met's teams reminds me, "They do it to break your heart."

So, I'm predicting:

Chicago & Houston for the wild card wins.

AL: Toronto over Texas in 3. Houston over KC in 6. Toronto over Houston in 6.

NL: STL over CHI in 5. Mets over LA in 4.
    Mets over STL in 6.

Mets over Toronto in 6.

Only one player didn't turn up for the Mets mandatory workouts today. Yeah you guessed right.....Matt Harvey!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Only one player didn't turn up for the Mets mandatory workouts today. Yeah you guessed right.....Matt Harvey!

Is there a reason for that? Apologies if I am out of he loop on something!

Do the games start on time in Ireland will the mlb package? Thought there was something funky about not streaming like during play offs for us? Or is that NFL?

• Advertisement

Is there a reason for that? Apologies if I am out of he loop on something!

Do the games start on time in Ireland will the mlb package? Thought there was something funky about not streaming like during play offs for us? Or is that NFL?

He was stuck in traffic (or so he says). I know it was only a workout but with his reputation as being a 'me' guy, it just looks bad.

We get the international feed for playoff games on MLB.tv if my memory serves me right so we get different commentators but the games are still live and not blacked out. I don't know who they are or who is doing the American broadcasts but it'd be logical to think that the guys doing the American broadcasts are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

He was stuck in traffic (or so he says). I know it was only a workout but with his reputation as being a 'me' guy, it just looks bad.

We get the international feed for playoff games on MLB.tv if my memory serves me right so we get different commentators but the games are still live and not blacked out. I don't know who they are or who is doing the American broadcasts but it'd be logical to think that the guys doing the American broadcasts are better.

My post reads so bad!

I meant to say 'is it all live'!

Not is it 'like'! I'm from Cork, but I don't type like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,342 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ichiro signs for the Marlins for 2016. He's endless

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I am like a small child here waiting for the game later..

Little surprised by the Yankees line up with Ellsbury on the bench (in fairness he has being useless lately)
    and Gardner starts in his place (who has being even worse)

I am like a small child here waiting for the game later..

Little surprised by the Yankees line up with Ellsbury on the bench (in fairness he has being useless lately)
    and Gardner starts in his place (who has being even worse)

It's a lefty thing I guess with Keuchel on the mound. I gather Gardner has been better recently

• Advertisement

The feed on mlb.tv is the same as the US. For the playoffs, they move away from the local commentary and go exclusively to the likes of TBS, ESPN etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

8-10 wrote:
    Ichiro signs for the Marlins for 2016. He's endless

I imagine he'll retire after next season. He should get to 3000 hits anyway.

One of my favourite players ever.

Time to stick a fork in the 2015 Yankees. They probably over-achieved but came to rely too heavily on home runs which will never get you far in the postseason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Yeah, just finished there now. Rather muted finish to their season. Their rotation has been all over the place, and injuries to key players didn't help although I thought they were relying too heavily on aging vets too.

I can see a massive overhaul in the Bronx this winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thidp

Bye Yankees =D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

3 hits.. Ouch.. Be interesting to see what management do this off season.

Delighted for Houston

• Registered Users Posts: 13,220 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Well, no revenge for 2000 WS, but all good. Go, Houston, go!

The feed on mlb.tv is the same as the US. For the playoffs, they move away from the local commentary and go exclusively to the likes of TBS, ESPN etc...

Yeah you're right. I was confusing it with the TV over here. That's where we get the international broadcasters.

MoyVilla9 wrote: »

Well the condensed game plan is out the window for me as it's nearly 8am and there's no sign of it in MLB.tv yet.

Edit - just checked and it's there now so if this finished around 4-4:30 our time, it must take them around 4 hours to edit and upload to the site. Too late for me on weekdays anyway. So Plan B needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Seen a quote last night - "Yankees forgot how to bat for the last two weeks of the season"

exactly right, the Astro's deserve it and I think they will give the Royals something to think about but inevitably come up short.

Predictions for the playoffs -

Cubs beat Pirates tonight -

Royals take Astros in 4
    Blue Jays take Rangers in 5

Mets take Dodgers in 4
    Cubs take Cardinals in 3

Royals beat Blue Jays in 5
    Cubs take Mets in 6

Cubs break the curse and beat the Royals in 7

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Much and all as I want the Mets to do well, I just cannot see them getting past Kershaw and Greinke.

I'd take whoever wins the NL wildcard game tonight to win World Series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Cannot be surprised that this happened to the Yankees. Part of me is relieved that I don't have to sit through them being swept by the Royals.

Predictions for Playoffs:

Cubs win tonight.

Royals over Astros in 3.
    Blue Jays over Texans in 4.

Dodgers beat Mets in 4.
    Cardinals beat Cubs in 5.

Royals over Blue Jays in 6.
    Cardinals over Dodgers in 5.

Cardinals win it all in 6.

My predictions:

Pirates winning today.

Cardinals over Pirates
    Dodgers over Mets

Royals over Astros
    Blue Jays over Rangers

Cardinals over Dodgers
    Roylas over Blue Jays

Cardinals over Royals

lambayire wrote: »
    Much and all as I want the Mets to do well, I just cannot see them getting past Kershaw and Greinke.

I'd take whoever wins the NL wildcard game tonight to win World Series.

Regular season is over so Kershaw will choke up a big L for the Dodgers and with Momentum I think the Mets will win two at home to end it 3-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Cubs win! :D

SantryRed wrote: »
    Cubs win! :D

Pity Arieta's only going to pitch once in the DS. He was amazing last night.

I suppose if they're down 2-0 they'll definitely put him out there on short rest in game 3 but if it's 1-1, do you think they'll hold him for game 4 and pitch him on full rest?

Germany will probably be already a few up by 8:30 tonight so it'll probably be safe to switch over to the Toronto/Texas game.

Pity Arieta's only going to pitch once in the DS. He was amazing last night.

I suppose if they're down 2-0 they'll definitely put him out there on short rest in game 3 but if it's 1-1, do you think they'll hold him for game 4 and pitch him on full rest?

Cubs will be 2-0 up and hold him out for full rest

• Advertisement

Such a shame to see a team with almost 100 wins being eliminated in one game...

Great season for the Pirates...

GO CUBS

Advertisement