Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating LC// Help Please

Options
  • 05-10-2015 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

Currently in college and absolutely hate my course, it wasn't my first preference.
    No point appealing as the points as i was a bit off.
    Is there any chance i could just do 3 subjects like:
    Business / Biology / Geography
    All 3 at home?
    I know theres a project for geography and i can get that sorted easily!

I know repeating is a huge personal decision and i actually cant be bothered with having to go with the stress of some subjects like maths and the languages but i completely would like to avoid it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭aquse

Currently in college and absolutely hate my course, it wasn't my first preference.
    All 3 at home?

I know repeating is a huge personal decision and i actually cant be bothered with having to go with the stress of some subjects like maths and the languages but i completely would like to avoid it!

No. If you can't 'be bothered' to deal with a little stress of English and math, then you definitely can't deal with the stress of studying 3 subjects by yourself.

Grow up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

aquse wrote: »
    No. If you can't 'be bothered' to deal with a little stress of English and math, then you definitely can't deal with the stress of studying 3 subjects by yourself.

Grow up.
    Less of the abusive, preaching tone please. Not all subjects are for everyone.

OP, you wouldn't need to repeat languages/maths if you passed them first time round (which you presumably did if you're in college), but doing three subjects will only yield a maximum of 300 points. You can't pick and mix subjects for points, you have to do 6 all in one go; the only thing you can carry over are subject requirements like Irish/maths/a third language.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

All 3 at home?

If you are repeating to improve your points you will have to do six subjects. You can do any six provided that you have met the entry requirement for whatever course you choose next year.

If you have enough points for what you want to apply for next year and are just taking up a subject to meet an entry requirement then doing one, two, three subjects is fine.

But I suspect when you listed three that you want to improve points. No easy way around that without doing six.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

How can you get your Geography project 'sorted easily' while not attending classes?

Advertisement