Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Office for sale?

Options
  • 05-10-2015 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

When you buy Microsoft office you are given three licenses to install on three computers.

Would anyone have a spare license they would like to sell?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,663 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Selling a license is against Section D(7) of the EULA that a customer agrees to when they purchase a license to use the product.

You're better off licensing a copy directly from Microsoft.

-Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BarryRyan18

I contacted Microsoft and they are only selling the most recent version of Office for about €110. I don't have that much money and only need one license.

Maybe we could work something out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

You can also get office on a monthly subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BarryRyan18

I think one license is the cheapest option

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,663 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

If you're looking for someone who bought and paid for 3 licenses to sell you one of their remaining licenses, this could easily get their subscription cancelled for the above reason.

If you need Office that badly, why not use OpenOffice for free? All file types are compatible with Microsoft's Office, and vice versa, and there's very little MS Office can do that OpenOffice can't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement