Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5-a-side Soccer Athlone

Options
  • 06-07-2015 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi

I'm interested in getting a group together or maybe integrate into another group who find it difficult to fill their quota of players every week for astro turf soccer.

For my own group we'd probably be looking to play at the Athlone Regional Sports Centre. They can cater for groups up to 8-a-side - depending on the response rate we could even look at expanding to 6/7-a-side.

I'm new to the area but have secured a group of 3 so far.

Looking to play at least 1 evening per week for 1 hour probably around 7pm. Cost is €55 for an hour so with 10 people, that's €5.50 each.

Standard of play will be fairly mediocre - given the talents of the people already signed up - so anybody is welcome to come and have a go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bennyk15

Hi are you still looking to make up numbers. I'm available to play if needed??

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Wang Shapes

Hi Bennyk15

You're the first response I've had so far so we still only have 4.

I'm leaving it open as there's no time limit, hopefully we may get more responses as the winter closes in and people have less to do in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

I'd be up for this lads. I recently moved to Athlone and haven't a whole pile to do in the evenings and miss games of ball!

Hi Fabio

That's great. We may have a group of 8/9 to kick things off next week.

We're finalising the details and I'll keep you updated.

Fabio

We may be a go for Thursday evening at 8 at the RSC. Would you be available if we do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ConorEl86

Hi I moved home after 7 years abroad and need to get involved in 5 aside. Do ye still need someone? I might be able to get another lad too.

Cheers
    Conor

Hi Conor

That's excellent. We were hoping to get it up and running this week but couldn't get the numbers together so we're hopeful for next week.

I'll update you when we know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ConorEl86

cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭delito

Hi
    I would be interested in a game if your short numbers :)

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Grocery_bag

looking for players for tuesday at 7pm anybody interested ?

• Advertisement

looking for players for tuesday at 7pm anybody interested ?

Apologies for late reply. Is that every Tuesday?
    If so, where and when

Apologies for late reply. Is that every Tuesday?
    If so, where and when

Hi Wang shapes, sorry for late reply. It's at 7pm bowling alley every Tuesday. Would u be available ?

Not available myself but I play there with a group on Thursday evenings and I think some of the other lads might be interested in another game during the week. I'll ask and see if there are any takers

Not available myself but I play there with a group on Thursday evenings and I think some of the other lads might be interested in another game during the week. I'll ask and see if there are any takers

My number is 087 7457496 , text us if any of the lads want a game. Were short players alot lately but not every week so if any could fill in ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dubmon

Hi lads,

Is this social 5 a side still on the go..

New to the area.

Togging out and meeting people would be fun.

Regards,

KD

Advertisement