Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career Guidance in South East

Options
  • 30-09-2015 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi Guys
    Hoping someone can help. I am looking for a good, emphasis on good, career guidance person around the south east area. I am based in Carlow but happy to travel to the right person.
    Basically, i feel like maybe i have made some not so good decisions career wise and I am at a stage now where i think if I dont get it right soon and make some positive movements I will never get this sorted and never be totally happy in my career. I want to do something i really enjoy and i have a million and one ideas in my head and I feel I need someone to focus me, explain what they feel is the best fit for me, the best route to get there and all the in betweens.

If you can offer any advice on someone suitable that would be great. I have searched the web but am finding myself hitting a lot of brick walls so any advice would be great here.Thanks everyone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

disj wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    Hoping someone can help. I am looking for a good, emphasis on good, career guidance person around the south east area. I am based in Carlow but happy to travel to the right person.
    Basically, i feel like maybe i have made some not so good decisions career wise and I am at a stage now where i think if I dont get it right soon and make some positive movements I will never get this sorted and never be totally happy in my career. I want to do something i really enjoy and i have a million and one ideas in my head and I feel I need someone to focus me, explain what they feel is the best fit for me, the best route to get there and all the in betweens.

If you can offer any advice on someone suitable that would be great. I have searched the web but am finding myself hitting a lot of brick walls so any advice would be great here.Thanks everyone!

I've used Mary Walsh in Stradbally in the past (no idea if she still does it), but was mainly interview prep.
    Also used a lady up in Banagher Co. Offaly (good spin up) for the same and found her excellent, Sheila Hoctor was her name. Again they were mainly interview prep. There's likely someboby with more broad career type advice around Carlow/KK area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Karen Frampton is an excellent career guide and coach and she has a huge amount of experience in interview prep, CVs and general industry advice. Shes on LinkedIn and based in Waterford give her a message!

Advertisement