Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to find this wine: Chocolate Box (Australian Shiraz)

Options
  • 30-09-2015 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

If anyone could help me I'd be really appreciative! I'm trying to find a stockist for the below wine - Chocolate Box. It's an Australian Shiraz and absolutely lovely. I tried a few wine shops in Dublin City Centre but no joy, one mentioned that Dunnes actually stocked it for a bit but didn't see it there either.

Anyone know where I may pick it up in either Dublin centre, Meath or Louth?

gw394-chocolate-box-selection_1_1_1_1_2.png

I can order a few bottles online if needed, but I'm hosting a dinner this weekend that I'd like it for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

I just checked on line in McHughes Killbarack and Justdevine in Portmarnock as they always have anything im looking for but neither of them sell it. Also all google searches point to the UK ....sorry...hope you get sorted. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

I didn't think it'd be as tough! I originally picked it up in a small off-licence in Rathmines so thought it may be easy enough found now. I think I only really want it now because I'm finding it so elusive!

Anyone tried Chocolate Block? Was recommended as similar....although twice the price and I tend not be be such a fan of South African wines.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

yeahimhere wrote: »
    I didn't think it'd be as tough! I originally picked it up in a small off-licence in Rathmines so thought it may be easy enough found now. I think I only really want it now because I'm finding it so elusive!

Anyone tried Chocolate Block? Was recommended as similar....although twice the price and I tend not be be such a fan of South African wines.

The Chocolate Block is an amazing wine, particularly with a bit of bottle ageing .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Il panorama cafe in Portmarnock sell this wine. The also have a cafe in Howth so possibly sell it there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

yeahimhere wrote: »
    If anyone could help me I'd be really appreciative! I'm trying to find a stockist for the below wine - Chocolate Box. It's an Australian Shiraz and absolutely lovely. I tried a few wine shops in Dublin City Centre but no joy, one mentioned that Dunnes actually stocked it for a bit but didn't see it there either.

Anyone know where I may pick it up in either Dublin centre, Meath or Louth?

gw394-chocolate-box-selection_1_1_1_1_2.png

I can order a few bottles online if needed, but I'm hosting a dinner this weekend that I'd like it for.

I've see this in Red Island wine in Skerries. Not 100% sure if they still stock it, but you could give them a call on +35318494032 or email them at info@redislandwine.com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NCS

The Chocolate Block is an amazing wine, particularly with a bit of bottle ageing .

+1 I try to get at least one bottle every time I head north. One of only a handful of South African wines I've ever liked and definitely worth the price!

Dunnes used to sell it briefly, was €18. Then one day it was reduced to €10 to clear stock and it was never seen again unfortunately. The shiraz was amazing. You could probably get it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

If you cant get it anywhere else and are badly stuck then McCambridges in Galway always have it, they are good people so might even post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭robbe

Stocked in Gibneys off licence Malahide last time I was in there (about a week ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you contact the winery, they can point you in the direction of the Irish importer & distributor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

They have it in Justdevine in portmarnock. Dont buy it all :)

Advertisement