Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight night barnett vs nelson

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭The White Feather

have you got the link? Its too late at night/early in the morning to google it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Such a dick move from Ishihara with that "glove touch" at the start. I'd love to see him get sparked out after that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Well guys? Barnett or Nelson?

I am going for Barnett as Nelson always seems lazy to me!

Barnett by submission late in the fight, he will keep Nelson on the ground and tire him out then lock in the sub late on for the win.

Axwell wrote: »
    Barnett by submission late in the fight, he will keep Nelson on the ground and tire him out then lock in the sub late on for the win.

not sure you wanna get in a ground game with nelson if he gets top thats alot of weight to move

• Advertisement

Cracking fight that. Shame Ishihara didn't lose after his little stunt at the start of the fight though.

What way are they going to sort the UFC contract and trophy now?

dunno sign em both

jcd5971 wrote: »
    dunno sign em both

Dana says it should have gone to a 4th round I see.

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/647963228278886400

Apparently this is the second time it has happened in a tournament final. :pac:

not sure you wanna get in a ground game with nelson if he gets top thats alot of weight to move

It would be like having a huge slug on top of you! :D

I didnt realise for ages that Nelson is actually a bjj black belt but Barnett tapped out Dean Lister (albeit in a grappling tournament not mma) so overall I see Barnett winning

Come on Brandao! He always goes for the win so thata why I like him

• Advertisement

told ya!!!!!!!

jaysus makes mcgregors win look even better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Wow Diego Brando virtually knocked his opponent out there with one punch, that was quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

Brandao has decent English. Cool.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

jaysus makes mcgregors win look even better

Not really, Brandao has just taken the sport more seriously since the McGregor loss. His weight cutting has been better, same with his training camps and and hes getting the performances as a result. The Diego that McGregor fought is a different one to the one in the cage now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Trying to keep Nelson on the ground would be suicide, he's a high level BJJ black belt under Renzo Gracie, just because Nelson doesn't go to the ground doesn't mean it's because he can't.

Not really, Brandao has just taken the sport more seriously since the McGregor loss. His weight cutting has been better, same with his training camps and and hes getting the performances as a result. The Diego that McGregor fought is a different one to the one in the cage now.

dunno man brandao was doing this before mcg and now doing it after.
    have to disagree with you, but in a friendly exchange of views kind of disagree.

He got touched by Greatness and has now improved like Holloway and Poirier! (although don't mention brimage :P)

Trying to keep Nelson on the ground would be suicide, he's a high level BJJ black belt under Renzo Gracie, just because Nelson doesn't go to the ground doesn't mean it's because he can't.

Im quite aware of Nelsons ground game, but standing in front of Nelson isnt the place you want to be. Barnett has an excellent wrestling game and his best chance is to grind Nelson on the ground and against the cage and tire him out then lock in a sub.

still dont see how going to ground with nelson is a good decision, if the guy gets on top of barnett good luck breathing with that fat ass on you

• Advertisement

dunno man brandao was doing this before mcg and now doing it after.
    have to disagree with you, but in a friendly exchange of views kind of disagree.

The difference as I said is his approach to fighting, not just him getting wins. He used to miss weight and was just lazy in his approach. Since the loss to McGregor hes upped his game and comes in looking lean and ready to fight and is taking it more seriously.

Didnt he threaten someone with a knife as well a while back?

He was reported have told Poirier he would stab him in the neck before their fight. Its the same fight that he weighed in 7 pounds over the limit. Clearly with that kind of carry on he wasnt taking things seriously and needed a reality check.

The difference as I said is his approach to fighting, not just him getting wins. He used to miss weight and was just lazy in his approach. Since the loss to McGregor hes upped his game and comes in looking lean and ready to fight and is taking it more seriously.

maybe, anyway no big deal we will just agree to disagree and move on,

anyway I have mizugaki for this one

Lots of effort in this fight but I wish someone was just finished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

This Rogan fight companion is bloody weird.

Octopus talk while watching UFC is a weird experience alright!

Yeah it's always a bit tangential but it's bonkers tonight I enjoy it though.

I'd love to see Joe do an MMA fight. He has TKD and BJJ . Id say he would do well. I know he is 48 but I mean if he fought someone that age just for the hell of it!

• Advertisement

I'd love to see Joe do an MMA fight. He has TKD and BJJ . Id say he would do well. I know he is 48 but I mean if he fought someone that age just for the hell of it!

Nah he's admitted before on podcast that his jiu jitsu and stand up is sub par, plus why risk it his podcast is thought provoking I rarely miss it, he has the commentary, and apparently he's a funny stand up seen him live in ka theater in mgm during mcgregor vegas in July and was awsone

Advertisement