Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Indie/Altie Chitter Chatter.

Comments

I've gone to plenty of gigs on my own before, even went to Electric Picnic by myself once (though ran into people I knew and hung out with them for a bit) and it never really bothered me. Last night was the first time I felt painfully aware of being a loner - I guess the fact that I got there a bit too early and the front part was mostly full of teenagers contributed to the awkwardness. :o

I tried one of those meet-up groups when I went to see The Knife in London last year but people seemed to keep pulling out and I don't think anything ever actually became of it in the end. I might consider trying it again in future though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Future Islands were amazing last night. Sam is some front man. Gig of the year. Anyone going tonight, enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I've gone to plenty of gigs on my own before, even went to Electric Picnic by myself once (though ran into people I knew and hung out with them for a bit) and it never really bothered me. Last night was the first time I felt painfully aware of being a loner - I guess the fact that I got there a bit too early and the front part was mostly full of teenagers contributed to the awkwardness. :o

I tried one of those meet-up groups when I went to see The Knife in London last year but people seemed to keep pulling out and I don't think anything ever actually became of it in the end. I might consider trying it again in future though.

I brought my 57 year old da for his birthday as i couldn't get a mate to go!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

New track from Father John Misty, gig announced for Whelans on Feb 22nd.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Hope boards will be well represented on Saturday for another 90s night of nostalgia. The Weddos perform Watusi - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNxPvgxSAV8&index=2&list=PLAned_EXq0_W4i8tkyonxehorT1zYJdVE

• Advertisement

Godspeed You! Black Emperor playing Vicar St, April 18th 2015.
    Should be some experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭mosstin

Godspeed You! Black Emperor playing Vicar St, April 18th 2015.
    Should be some experience.

Yup, really lookinjg forward to this. Tickets on sale this Friday morning. Wonderful venue for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Was at the last GY!BE gig here a few years back. A very special night, even though I slipped on the beer drenched floor and landed on my arse. Vicar St should be perfect for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭steve_r

nocoverart wrote: »
    Was at the last GY!BE gig here a few years back. A very special night, even though I slipped on the beer drenched floor and landed on my arse. Vicar St should be perfect for them.

Yeah me too (at the gig I mean, not falling on my arse).

One of the most atmospheric gigs I've ever been to. Delighted they will be back to go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

listening to Teen Dreams by Beach House. Always blows me away every time I listen to it. Stunning album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭larrykinney

Excellent album, prob my favourite of recent years, 'Norway' in particular. Saw them in Cork Opera House a few years ago, v good.

Hope ye are all looking forward to Godspeed. Getting close now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭IamNotNumber

heard it was a good gig haven't heard much of their music tbh if someone doesnt post it here or maybe they do but miss it ... but I was enthralled by flying lotus anyway just wanted to say whoever posted The World is a Beautiful Place a few years back cheers they are amazing.

Edit apologies ^^Gonzovision you did post a few vids.Oh well can't em hit all

Edit apologies ^^Gonzovision you did post a few vids.Oh well can't em hit all

Here's one from this tour for good measure....Unfortunately didn't play this in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

The Wilderness Downtown is an interactive music video for Arcade Fire's song ''We Used to Wait''.
    http://www.thewildernessdowntown.com/

Danger Mouse and Daniele Luppi's album Rome
    http://www.ro.me/

Didnt realise they where posted before on boards ..the second one ro.me really stole my heart amazing trip would not listen to Danger Mouse or Norah Jones really but thats a cool tune and if anyone knows of that sort of music/technology meetup please post it!

New Torres album up on Spotify now. looking forward to hearing it. enjoyed the tracks I've heard so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Birneybau wrote: »

Jesus wept is right, what an awful piece of writing. Not saying I could do better, but then again, I'm not a writer/journalist. Actually, I wonder if this person is.

What an absolute pile of crap. This is for you Robert Mulhern....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

What? A music writer unfamiliar with music from 40 years ago? Boo hoo, go have a whine about it, go get someone to change your nappy for you as well, while you are at it.

Yeah, imagine being qualified to do your job - up yours granddad!

The-Young-Ones-Rick.png

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

From reading that article,I don't think this music writer was familiar with any of the artists, apart from the band that didn't play. My guess is his mates are in that band.

So, Sleaford Mods, amazing in District 8 last night.

Anyone there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Austin to Boston on Netflix. Nice doc, few bands on a 2 week tour in a vw. Sounds a bit cheesy but it's done well

At The Drive In have reformed, playing Vicar St. March 26th. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

46 euro a ticket, yikes!

Bowie messing about in the studio, a few impersonations. Starts with Springsteen, my favourite, Iggy from 4:13.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Picked up two tickets, beans on toast for the rest of the weekend :pac:

Advertisement