Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Adams - Taylor Swift Cover Album?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Just heard the news now. I think Taylor's response sums up how I'm feeling.

https://twitter.com/taylorswift13/status/629212668218314752

Although she is after doing a duet with Beck as well so that means she is now connected to two of my all time favourite musicians so I don't know what to think.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

As a massive ryan fan i really like that version. the man can do no wrong for me regardless.

Cant wait to hear the rest of the album

As a massive ryan fan i really like that version. the man can do no wrong for me regardless.

Cant wait to hear the rest of the album

It's available for pre order on itunes. I think there's a limited time to get it, not sure though. You might need to look into that pretty quick if you were thinking about buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Anyone know if this will be a physical release at any point ? I don't use iTunes and generally the only digital using when it comes to music is Spotify the odd time.

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »
    Anyone know if this will be a physical release at any point ? I don't use iTunes and generally the only digital using when it comes to music is Spotify the odd time.

Yeah, he said on twitter CD and vinyl coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I've being listening to the album all morning.. its actually decent now.. i didn't know what to expect as i haven't heard the original versions.

Highlights for me are Style and Wildest Dreams

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Got email saying it's available from usual outlets today...
    Haven't heard the originals, so this is going to be an interesting listen!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Had a good first listen...
    Unreal!
    Love so many of them. Out of the Woods a standout so far...
    Good fun checking out Taylors original versions after hearing Ryans! :D

Wildest Dreams also epic!

I'm not sure I'm comfortable giving my money to Taylor Swift....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

I wouldn't be a fan of Ms Swift normally, but there's a large female presence in the house so it gets played a lot. It's probably one of the best albums of the year. I'm going to get this version also.

I heard on American radio recently that Ryan Adams & Brian Adams are both doing cover albums of each other's best known albums to be released next year as "The Adams Project", a double album. Apparently both were pissed off with people shouting "Play name of other guy's hit" so they decided to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Ironic covers album...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Now all we need is for Swift to cover Heartbreaker in its entirety.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

I'd prefer her to tackle Gold.

This could be the start of a new thing... Artists who are opposite genres covering each other's best known album.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Cold Roses is my favourite and would work well with a female lead vocalist I think.

That Adams Project thing is ridiculous! Ha ha, I'd still buy it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

she should reciprocate I think. She should cover 29 I think.. I'd love to here her version of Starlite Diner for starters

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Taylor can do no wrong...

Advertisement