Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

That's a real pity, it was a great spot to take the wife or a group to meet before heading across to Rouge. I've an occasion coming up and will try Sheridan's upstairs. Could be a good replacement for Petit Rouge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

I've an occasion coming up and will try Sheridan's upstairs. Could be a good replacement for Petit Rouge?

Another option if you're looking for cheese and charcuterie platters served with good wine is Le Petit Pois in Victoria Place. It's a lovely spot and Philippe the co-owner and sommelier will help you pick out some great wines to go with what you're eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

According to Facebox, Tucos on Abbeygate St. is now open. Looking forward to trying it out, my last three burritos in Boojum have been slop.

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    According to Facebox, Tucos on Abbeygate St. is now open. Looking forward to trying it out, my last three burritos in Boojum have been slop.

It's not open yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

ronnie3585 wrote: »

Is Tucos another mexican chain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

It's not open yet.

Ya walked by earlier, they were still fitting windows. Counters and decorating is mostly done inside just looks like a week or so of work left id guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Amazing. They have 11 5-star reviews and aren't even open for business yet. Still, would be curious to see their menu when it's available.

Amazing. They have 11 5-star reviews and aren't even open for business yet. Still, would be curious to see their menu when it's available.

That's pretty common these days, you'll nearly always see a new business having 5 star reviews talking about how amazing the food is at least a month before they serve their first customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭12thofthe12th

Aye, amazing alright. Although 11 5 stars is peanuts compared to a place just down the street called Hunky Moos that has 31 5-star reviews, and guess what, it's not open yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,058 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I've said it before, but that street must have it's own PR agent. I've yet to see a restaurant opening on it that doesn't get shilled in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

12 tomorrow for Tuco's opening according to them on facebook. Appears to be mexican but dont see a menu for them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,058 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Bite Club opening downstairs from ehm Bite Club. Don't know if they are keeping the upstairs as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Starbucks is opening in Galway. After recently opening in Cork and Limerick, it seems their arrival in the west is pretty imminent.

http://m.jobs.ie/Job/1479765

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Is there not one in NUIG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There is, but it's a far cry from having an accessible inner city based location to be fair. But that position could be for the one in NUI Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

As far as I know, the one in NUIG is just Campbell Catering selling Starbucks coffee in their own premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭12thofthe12th

If Starbucks were to open in Galway, it has to be in the city center more than likely along the shop street I'd say. Is the former O2 building still vacant? Might be a possibility if it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Starbucks? Seen job offers on jobs.ie
    Anyone hear of when/where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

As far as I know, the one in NUIG is just Campbell Catering selling Starbucks coffee in their own premises.

What's the difference between people working for Campbell Catering serving Starbucks coffee and people working for Starbucks selling Starbucks coffee?

I haven't been in yet but here's a glimpse of their menu from their opening day photos on Facebook...

11091395_1679862122232774_8269357190949918790_n.jpg?oh=2224bebb1056cf065a48bda99042bbbe&oe=569F5AFE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,782 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

J o e wrote: »
    What's the difference between people working for Campbell Catering serving Starbucks coffee and people working for Starbucks selling Starbucks coffee?

Ambiance.

And the fact that Campbell Catering staff are unlikely to offer you a vanilla latte frappé whats-it supreme and say it with a straight face.

(I'm no Starbucks fan, btw, but can see a difference.)

Hunky Moos frozen yoghurt cafe opening on Abbeygate Street on Wednesday. 44 5-star reviews already...

https://www.facebook.com/hunkymoos/timeline

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭weshtawake

Is KRCZMA in Salthill closed? Certainly was on Friday evening last circa 8 o'clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭xtradel

weshtawake wrote: »
    Is KRCZMA in Salthill closed? Certainly was on Friday evening last circa 8 o'clock.

New owner going in....not sure if it'll remain as Krcma or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

With regard to the 5* reviews before a place evening opening.... I wouldn't lay any hate towards the owners.

Most likely what happens is the owners' friend's 'Like' the page (as any friend would do) and just give it a 5* review straight away.

In fairness, for anyone to give any credit to Facebook reviews would need their head examined. Tripadvisor is someones un-reliable and that requires registration / review of the review before posted up...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

weshtawake wrote: »
    No mention on FB https://www.facebook.com/krcma.galway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

http://www.insolvencyjournal.ie/ij_news_more_details/krcma-limited

Creditors meeting to appoint liquidator . Old company out. New one in I assume if reopening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 samuelj

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

samuelj wrote: »

They haven't been sold yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

had the pork burrito in tucos, very tasty,small though .. seating is awful uncomfortable, menu slightly different than boojum,you dont see them make it either,they do sweet potato too,is it one of the dough bros lads that has it? ginger beard dude

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement