Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie Bars in Dublin?

Options
  • 16-09-2015 8:03am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭

A bit out of the loop, and still hark back to the halcyon bygone era of Eamonn Dorans and the Isaac Butt. *sigh*

In saying that, where's decent in Dublin?

Not been to Whelans in yonks; and the Workmans was like a creche last time I was there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

I quite like Cassidy's on Westmoreland Street! Will suit if you're into QOTSA and slightly less radio friendly tunes.

Workman's is a no go for me. Although I am very partial to the Bison Bar!! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭My Darling Clementine

I quite like Cassidy's on Westmoreland Street! Will suit if you're into QOTSA and slightly less radio friendly tunes.

Workman's is a no go for me. Although I am very partial to the Bison Bar!! :pac:

Actually Cassidy's is a great shout and they do a mean Pizza :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Actually Cassidy's is a great shout and they do a mean Pizza :D

And if ya like cassidys then P Macs is the same deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 tsofitch

Although I am very partial to the Bison Bar!! :pac:

Bison bar all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 24,872 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Was in PMacs for the first time yesterday.. seems to attract a nice crowd of folks both side of the bar. Music was great and pints also.

Whelans is still good on the right night i find.. Bison while i like the asthetic of the place.. if its anyway busy the staff get shown up for what they are... pretty crappy and unfriendly.. expect to be waiting an age to be served at the bar while others who just got there get served ahead of you... happened a few times so cant be a coincidence.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭My Darling Clementine

I find Whelans costs me an absolute bomb every time I used to go

How they still get away with charging a tenner into 'the club', and I use it loosely, I'll never know

No drinks promos either.

Maybe this has changed?

Advertisement