Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 2015

• 15-04-2015 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Hi all, any idea the dates for the recruitment campaign this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

redmgar wrote: »

12 July.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

The campaign for this year has been scraped due to budget cuts etc. They had planned on a 3rd campaign but that all changed last year and the announced there wouldn't be one.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

The campaign for this year has been scraped due to budget cuts etc. They had planned on a 3rd campaign but that all changed last year and the announced there wouldn't be one.

So likely next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

So likely next year?

No one knows comes done to budgets. There could be one but as I said no one knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

A new campaign was to run from January there, but as said above by MissWillow, was shelved, I heard that this list most of us are on is to be exhausted. I have no doubt they will open recruitment again, and I would imagine it won't be another 3/4 year wait as before, when though? Is anybody's guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

So guys - 30th of September - who's all trying again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 blui2

Momc82 wrote: »
    So guys - 30th of September - who's all trying again!!!

Am between PCA and Medical in current campaign (1405) but think i should probably cover all bases and apply again! The thought of doing aptitude test and Assessment Centre and the stress of waiting and the really long time it all takes fills me full of dread and makes me feel like i cant go through it all again. This will be my 3rd application (first time out after AC due to an irregularity with my computing qualification, still in 2nd campaign....)

I'll be heading into campaign 3 for sure however I am praying I will not have to go through this whole process again, mental and emotionally exhausting lol, hopefully next in forms of letter progression for campaign 2 I say that god willing! But for sure I'm applying I'll keep applying until I'm rocking the forest green!!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

I'm going to keep on trying too!!!! We must have nerves of steel to keep putting ourselves through this!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

I wonder what exciting criteria campaign 3 will include!! Will we need computer qualification etc!!! At least a closing date of end of October gives those of us waiting for progression letters enough time to have received them and be working towards a pca date. If ISTs then aren't held until end of November/beginning of December hopefullh that might be the worst we have to go through as in theory vetting could have cleared before the indeterminate pain of another AC?! Or am I being incredibly optimistic here with a score of 64-67?!
    I'll be heading into campaign 3 for sure however I am praying I will not have to go through this whole process again, mental and emotionally exhausting lol, hopefully next in forms of letter progression for campaign 2 I say that god willing! But for sure I'm applying I'll keep applying until I'm rocking the forest green!!

• Advertisement

Bustermoon wrote: »
    I wonder what exciting criteria campaign 3 will include!! Will we need computer qualification etc!!! At least a closing date of end of October gives those of us waiting for progression letters enough time to have received them and be working towards a pca date. If ISTs then aren't held until end of November/beginning of December hopefullh that might be the worst we have to go through as in theory vetting could have cleared before the indeterminate pain of another AC?! Or am I being incredibly optimistic here with a score of 64-67?!

No that's a fair enough statement mate, and I don't think your being overly optimistic at all. 68.5 was the last placing to get progressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

blui2 wrote: »
    Am between PCA and Medical in current campaign (1405) but think i should probably cover all bases and apply again! The thought of doing aptitude test and Assessment Centre and the stress of waiting and the really long time it all takes fills me full of dread and makes me feel like i cant go through it all again. This will be my 3rd application (first time out after AC due to an irregularity with my computing qualification, still in 2nd campaign....)

If you don't reapply I'm going to kick your arse. Cover all bases and give this next campaign your all. Last thing you want is something unforeseen holding you up and you end up with everything passed or almost and still getting a dear john letter and being stuck with an AC score not as good as a previous one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 statusz

I'm in the waiting room and I will be applying again. I will keep going till I get that elusive phone call.

Momc82 wrote: »
    I'm going to keep on trying too!!!! We must have nerves of steel to keep putting ourselves through this!

Or were a twisted bunch with no sense at all :P

Mop a top wrote: »
    Or were a twisted bunch with no sense at all :P

I'm going with this lol nobody in their right mind would go through this process knowing what we know, in the sense it takes forever to go through each stage, and the emotional distress that comes with it haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

And we're back again.. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Think someone was asking about information sessions? They are all on 10th October. Locations are on the website

https://www.joinpsni.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Back once again like the renegade master.

Gee-22 wrote: »

Lmfao love it!!!! If that's your humour you better be in my squad :cool:

Lmfao love it!!!! If that's your humour you better be in my squad :cool:

I've been through sooo many campaigns, I'm happy to be roomies with anyone in Hotel G.

All the best to those applying.

• Advertisement

I'm intrigued now. How many campaigns? Let's see how twisted you really are lol

I'm intrigued now. How many campaigns? Let's see how twisted you really are lol

This must be at least 8.

Passed all tests, medical & vetting in 2010/11, but due to finances the intakes were frozen. It ended with a dear John letter over 12 months later.

But you just have to keep plugging away.

Gee how are you mate? literally was thinking will I see some of the old school crew glad to see your going in for it again bud, hope all is well

Gee how are you mate? literally was thinking will I see some of the old school crew glad to see your going in for it again bud, hope all is well

I'm good thanks. Glutton for punishment.

How's you? Where are you at? You still in the running from current pool?

I'm good thanks. Glutton for punishment.

How's you? Where are you at? You still in the running from current pool?

Haha, I'm good thanks mate, yeah I'm still in the running within this current pool, last folks to get processed was about 12 weeks ago and I just missed the cut off, I should be in the next batch processed, and hopefully that will happen sooner than later now, I'll be still putting my name in the hat for campaign 3 to cover my back for sure

Haha, I'm good thanks mate, yeah I'm still in the running within this current pool, last folks to get processed was about 12 weeks ago and I just missed the cut off, I should be in the next batch processed, and hopefully that will happen sooner than later now, I'll be still putting my name in the hat for campaign 3 to cover my back for sure

Good man. Fingers crossed for you. Hopefully you won't need the new campaign.

Good man. Fingers crossed for you. Hopefully you won't need the new campaign.

Thanks mate, and like wise for yourself, this campaign I reckon is gonna be a lot quicker than campaign 2 mind you that wouldn't be hard, but yeah I believe this will be a lot more swift, numbers are dropping too much too quick.

Thanks mate, and like wise for yourself, this campaign I reckon is gonna be a lot quicker than campaign 2 mind you that wouldn't be hard, but yeah I believe this will be a lot more swift, numbers are dropping too much too quick.

The campaigns have always been so slow.

As you say, they are so short of numbers. Good news for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Time to dust off the old profile and get back into this madness :D

• Advertisement

Welcome back homer, at least you had sense to leave for awhile lol

Advertisement