Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa for older child

• 13-09-2015 7:48pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm looking to see if anyone can offer any advice / suggestions please.

I've a 10 year old boy, he still really believes in Santa which is amazing and something I hope will last - but I'm realistic enough to know that it won't last for ever!

So bearing in mind this could possibly be the last year he believes, I'd like to take him to a Santa experience that caters for older children and not just younger ones. I'm looking for something more than a quick visit to Santa and some arts and crafts etc... Ideally something that will wow him and a Santa that actually talks to the child!

We are based in Limerick but will travel for the right experience.
    We have done;
    Shannon aviation, Bunratty, Ailwee Caves, Santa Experience in Limerick and a couple of farm visits.

Any suggestions???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I've two nephews in and around the same age. I plan on taking them to some of this festival. The horse-drawn sleigh looks class :)

http://winterval.ie/

I'm also based in Limerick so Waterford isn't outrageously far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I know it's a bit far but a lot of people with older children are talking about the santa trail in cloned hotel. They have an offer on where you can stay overnight have breakfast with the elves help feed and wake up the farm animals and reindeer. I plan on doing it next year when my youngest is a bit older. Worth a look! Seems much nicer than a quick walk through and a present for older kids!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I know it's a bit far but a lot of people with older children are talking about the santa trail in cloned hotel. They have an offer on where you can stay overnight have breakfast with the elves help feed and wake up the farm animals and reindeer. I plan on doing it next year when my youngest is a bit older. Worth a look! Seems much nicer than a quick walk through and a present for older kids!

Thanks for that, just booked the overnight stay, fingers crossed it's worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Thanks for that, just booked the overnight stay, fingers crossed it's worth it!

No problem ! Make sure to come back and give some feedback on how you found it. We are doing the trail or visit this year as our toddler is too young for the rest but really looking forwatd to staying overnight next year !

Advertisement