Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

How does anyone take offense to a thread like this infairness lol "oh no someone said they didnt like my name!! oh the horror!" stop looking for stuff to be offended by!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

feargale wrote: »
    Is there a more judgemental thread than this one? Yes, some kids get lumbered with names they would prefer not to have - and others compound their grief by making a song and dance about it. What the hell? Show respect.

Uh oh.... What did you get burdened with? Fergal? There there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

And on with the show....

Walking (never will be named here) home yesterday evening and a mother is calling her lovely little blonde daughter in 'Edna, Edna, dinnertime!'
    Has to be a dear departed's name. She'll grow into it. When she hits 70

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

One place I worked the head of international finance was called Randolph Kau. Except he shortened Randolph to Randy. Randy Kau.
    We were at a dinner thing in Dublin Castle one night and Bertie had to address him and after a few glasses of wine it was hilarious to hear Bertie welcoming Randy Kau to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

tupenny wrote: »

Wrong again.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

tupenny wrote: »

Worse...ive been tagged with the dreaded ever common....John....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

cantdecide wrote: »
    ...because I think I can beat them all. I swear I considered strangling the poor little bugger to death for his own good. Sit down. Calmly take a deep breath and prepare yourself...

Isis.

Hope you didn't. And instead played him this song that a nice Jewish man wrote for him.

Of course he thought it was a girl's name.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Cant remember if i posted this already, but Rambo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

^^^Rambo :p

Melody....a dude too. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

I think Isis must take the biscuit so far 😀😀😀

Reminds me of the joke:

Q: who gives kids a bad name?
    A: the Beckhams!

Brooklyn...FFS!

Nothing disrespectful imo about the thread. Just a bit of fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan

Always made me grin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I think Isis must take the biscuit so far 😀😀😀

Reminds me of the joke:

Q: who gives kids a bad name?
    A: the Beckhams!

Brooklyn...FFS!

Nothing disrespectful imo about the thread. Just a bit of fun.

Brooklyn in itself isnt too bad, but they admitted they named him that because he was conceived in Brooklyn.

Just imagine it, for your whole life, every time somebody says your name the image of your parents riding pops into your head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Here's an image for you. The post office on pension day 2085 and the queue is made up of pensioners called Rhianna, Teagen, Jayden, Lily-Rose-Sue-May, Kai.....

Makes you wonder what the hell the grandkids will be called!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

They'll have probably gone full circle and the kids will be Ethel, Vera, Theresa, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

They'll have probably gone full circle and the kids will be Ethel, Vera, Theresa, etc.

This is what I think too. A bit off topic but does anyone else agree that Memhis Depay what plays for Utd has a most excellent name?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,226 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Brooklyn in itself isnt too bad, but they admitted they named him that because he was conceived in Brooklyn.

"Clondalkin! Lanzarote! Gerrin here! Yer dinner's poured out!" :pac:

yep that's where my two were conceived, but they're not named that.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Not uncommon for the children of rich white parents in London - plenty of Florences, Clementines etc. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

feargale wrote: »
    Is there a more judgemental thread than this one?

I searched 'judgemental' on boards and this wasn't even in the top 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

It's a bit different, but a university I worked at hosted a conference once, and one of the international visitors came from Thailand, and her name was Sucharat Rimkeeratikul.

We felt like drawing straws to decide who would have to introduce her and pronounce that name.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I picked my daughter up from school last week and was delighted when she told me she's made a new friend. "Her name is Taya dad, isnt that a nice name?"

Ehhh....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

keano_afc wrote: »
    I picked my daughter up from school last week and was delighted when she told me she's made a new friend. "Her name is Taya dad, isnt that a nice name?"

Ehhh....

I think it is, sounds like something you'd seeing in a Japanese thing ported over to the Western World (like Final Fantasy or Pokemon or something) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

This is what I think too. A bit off topic but does anyone else agree that Memhis Depay what plays for Utd has a most excellent name?

They're already trying to sign his cousin, Shomie deMonay, I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

osarusan wrote: »
    It's a bit different, but a university I worked at hosted a conference once, and one of the international visitors came from Thailand, and her name was Sucharat Rimkeeratikul. We felt like drawing straws to decide who would have to introduce her and pronounce that name.
    Must be why they prefer to use their nicknames. Poo is a common one. So much better. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Setanta. I cringe whenever I hear him being called.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Mjay. Literally spelt like that aswell, do people not think about what they call their kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Taroch is a shíte name

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Barry, I could fall asleep just by saying it. It's better than counting sheep.

Also Joel, I've never meet a Joel who isn't obese.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭George White

that has to be a genius fake......i hope

I went to school with a girl called Kyragh - pronounced Ciara/Keira. I always felt sorry for her. Her mother made it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My sister used to work for one of the consultants in Our Lady's childrens hospital and he had a set of triplets as patients whose names were Faith, Faithful and Faithfulness. No word of a lie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭George White

Dial Hard wrote: »
    My sister used to work for one of the consultants in Our Lady's childrens hospital and he had a set of triplets as patients whose names were Faith, Faithful and Faithfulness. No word of a lie.

I remember a Nigerian couple my parents were the landlord/landlady of - and their children were Goodness and Favour, which is apparently a tradition - call your child what you feel like when they're born, but the parents were Sam and Marilyn, so unless her mother shouted, "I feel like Marilyn Monroe!", I'm not so sure.

Advertisement