Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soft drink of choice?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Cavan Cola

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Seve OB wrote: »
    Club rock shandy for me. See you are in Essex. There is a pub in Leyton stone, Irish bar on a corner, good grub, but it's the only place outside Ireland that I've ever seen Club been sold!

O'neills and Tommy Flynns in Leytonstone. Not been in either for a while. O'gradys in seven kings would be closer to me (not been there in a long time either) and equally effective for a club orange fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭Corvo

Anyone that says Mountain Dew is worse than Hitler, in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Diet Club Orange, but it has an awful tendency to turn way before the BB date.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,859 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

theteal wrote: »
    O'neills and Tommy Flynns in Leytonstone. Not been in either for a while. O'gradys in seven kings would be closer to me (not been there in a long time either) and equally effective for a club orange fix.

Tommy Flynns, that was the place. Heading over there again in a few weeks, no doubt will stick my head in the door!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

It would be red Lucozade, only the bottle version of it goes flat in about 50 seconds. You either have to mill into it or accept the fact that you'll be drinking red-coloured water for the second half. And I don't f*ck with cans.

Consequently, I tend to stay safe and go for a bottle of Coke. I find people who buy the alternative Cokes a little strange I must admit. Actually, that extends to people who drink 'diet' anything. It's a little like smoking 'diet' heroin. Just do the real thing or?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

It's hard to find, but dandelion & burdock is nice. Reminds me of my childhood.

Wow not had that in so long didn't know they still made it ?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Sugar free red bull

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Full sugar coke
    Club lemon
    Diet coke with lemon and lime ........ But not available here anymore except in airport

And really wishing I reach for water more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Dr.Pepper for me, always hated the taste of the Cola.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Tizer
    Fizzy Vimto
    Dandelion and Burdock (when it's fizzy, not flat, because then it tastes like medicine) which is more or less root beer by another name.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LovelySpuds

Coke or the Scottish classic Irn Bru

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Lilt for that totally tropical taste!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Coke zero.

Lucozade after a night of booze.

Sparkling water with double concentrated lemon is like club lemon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Coke zero.

Lucozade after a night of booze.

Sparkling water with double concentrated lemon is like club lemon.

Actually fizzy water and lime is lovely as well, cheaper than coke etc in a pub too for when you are the dreaded designated driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

Blue bear sugar free. A cheaper and tastier red bull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Club Orange, there can be only one! I'm fully convinced if you ran a blind taste test, it would come out comfortably ahead of anything else in Ireland, the UK, USA, Canada or Australia, .. barring maybe rock shandy or Solo (Aus's answer to Club Lemon, but sooooo much better)!

Soft drinks in Canada are muck, I actually bought a peanut butter and jelly flavoured one (yes, as in soft drink. Yes, as in that flavour) the other day because it was so ridiculous - dissolving a solpadeine tablet on my tongue would have tasted better! On the plus side, I've found a brand of Mexican cola that is amazing, better than any I've ever had before. Much, much stronger taste than the likes of Coke or Pepsi.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Actually fizzy water and lime is lovely as well, cheaper than coke etc in a pub too for when you are the dreaded designated driver.

Four × 2L of tesco sparkling water is €1.89, then add tesco 1L of lemon for about a euro.

Fizzy drinks at great value.

I must try the lime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Lilt for that totally tropical taste!

Ooh yes, Lilt, forgot about Lilt. Yum.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Consequently, I tend to stay safe and go for a bottle of Coke. I find people who buy the alternative Cokes a little strange I must admit. Actually, that extends to people who drink 'diet' anything. It's a little like smoking 'diet' heroin. Just do the real thing or?

Well as a diabetic the real thing isn't really an option available to me, so Coke Zero it is, even if you find me a little strange.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    Ooh yes, Lilt, forgot about Lilt. Yum.

You might have forgotten about codons too, always loved that stuff as a kid.

Don't try to revisit it. Had some a year or two back and it's probably the most vile thing you will find on the shelf of any Irish shops. Apart from diet coke, of course! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Welches grape (other non fanta grape sodas will do)
    Root beer
    Pepsi (US real sugar version)
    Mountain Dew (the corn syrup good stuff, not the ****e we get here)
    Vanilla/cherry coke (again, the corn syrup kind. Irish cherry coke is awful)
    Normal coke
    Tesco coke

As you can tell, it's expensive for me to drink what I like. Can't even get the welches anymore, amount of something in it is above EU limits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Yodeling Snake

Finches Orange
    Club """""
    """"" Rock shandy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

Coke, precious coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

chughes wrote: »
    Coca Cola full fat.

It weirds me out when people say this, there's no fat in coke is there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Wow not had that in so long didn't know they still made it ?!!!

It's been around since the middle ages in one form or another. I've only really seen it in some supermarkets in the north, although I think some health food shops sell a version.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Has to be lucozade original.

Sweet red nectar of the gods

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Club Orange, Club Rock Shandy, really cold can of Coke....all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,263 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Freeland carbonated diet cola flavoured beverage

it tastes alright and it's cheap enough that it doesn't bother me when my wife leaves it out of the fridge with the cap off (again!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Tell you what's not bad is the Spar own brand Cola and Diet Cola! Only 49p a can!

Advertisement