Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

limiting bookies

Options
  • 07-09-2015 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭

Few articles about this lately

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/irishnews/article4549543.ece

Strange how the likes of Powers etc spend millions in advertising and ban or limit people who do well . Skybet and Betvictor are the worst that I have dealt with and Powers limiting me on one market. Also a bit odd powers have pulled two or more try scorer markets coming up to the WC :confused:

Who do people find the best apart from Pinny and Exchanges for not limiting?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Need a membership to read the full article.

Strange how the likes of Powers etc spend millions in advertising and ban or limit people who do well

Not strange tbh.
    Bookies are in the business to make money, nothing more, nothing less.
    Successful punters are restricted because they effect the bookies bottom line.
    Some bookies close or restrict accounts quicker than others though.
    Also a bit odd powers have pulled two or more try scorer markets coming up to the WC

I'd guess it's because most of the early matches will be so one sided there would be a massive number of double and treble tryscorers

That is interesting. :eek:
    Big brother to the next level.
    Who do people find the best apart from Pinny and Exchanges for not limiting?

All Mainstream bookies will limit/restrict/close if you are winning, backing movers, best priced selections or arbs constantly.

The Corals. Hills, Ladbrokes, Boyles, PP, Betfreds of this world will normally adjust an account after an "initial" number of bets.
    Problem is trying to figuring out what that "initial" number is?
    The above all have shops so not a massive problem if you get restricted online, just go into the shop (if possible) however some don't have the same prices instore.
    Have a few restricted from the above companies including closure after 4 winning sports bets. :mad:
    Always handy to open "new" accounts in a different name which could be name in Irish, relation, friend and change the address slightly instead of 10 main street go main street no 10,instead of Dublin x use co Dublin.

One thing to look out for is the new postcodes which may be a problem going forward as you can't change your postcode and when these come in, it may create problems opening multiple accounts.

Bet365, Stan James & BetVictor would be the best of the online brigade (365 also have the biggest sign up bonus).
    One closed from above but it was after a couple of years & lots of bets.

Try independent bookies as well, some of them will quote the same price as the "main" bookies just to get the business.
    PP have a shop in Ballinteer and there is an independent just across the road.
    Independent does all the same racing specials as PP and has quoted markets using PP prices just to get the turnover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Need a membership to read the full article.

I'd guess it's because most of the early matches will be so one sided there would be a massive number of double and treble tryscorers

Not talking about early WC matches would be a bit hard for them to price up without knowing who is playing. I am talking about last two weeks of rugby they pulled them .

Advertisement