Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toy Spotting / Shopping Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

ChopShop wrote: »
    Did these ever appear in Smyhts here at all

They were seen in a few branches of Easons apparently.

The deluxes only made it into Ken blacks here that I'm aware of. So it must have been a very quick sell out. If it didn't blip on any of the usual pop up locations.

Not too pushed after getting Rook from DCC. He's a nice figure. But I think the redeco purchases will wait for The combaticons.
    11855849_10153549833763343_5360897133817421575_n.jpg?oh=31f5aa7e3ce926f0567c483d262a3ab6&oe=56477E28

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Hey guys, just a quick one, ive setup a "forum request" trying to get a Collectible Toy\Models\Figures thread setup. You guys might be interested in a forum like that, i collect masterpiece transformers etc myself and would love to have a forum to discuss other toys I collect in one place.

Would appreciate a +1 on the thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057479557

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭PaulPriest

FWIW, Wave 3 CWs are popping up everywhere in the UK for cheap now. Masterforce have them on discount, but the delivery is a killer, so Parcel Motel is the only option.
    I (think) I just ordered all 6 protectobots (including chest-warming Groove) for 72.98 GBP delivered from Toys R'Us (limbs are down to £10).
    I paid with PayPal, and it did the funny ZZ75 0AA postcode during checkout, though it didn't charge anything for postage.
    Will cancel my TT Defensor preorder.

Wave 3 limbs in Toymasters.

PaulPriest wrote: »
    FWIWGoinly option.
    I (think) I just ordered all 6 protectobots (including chest-warming Groove) for 72.98 GBP delivered from Toys R'Us (limbs are down to £10).
    I paid with PayPal, and it did the funny ZZ75 0AA postcode during checkout, though it didn't charge anything for postage.
    Will cancel my TT Defensor preorder.

Arrived (73 GBP delivered for all 6, 63 GBP without Groove), and prices back to normal now. Would import from them again, esp. if Hasbro pickup the MP releases.
    Going to Norwich this weekend, half tempted to drop by KapowToys and pickup more combiner hands/feet since Defensor is going to look pretty weedy next to Superion.

• Advertisement

PaulPriest wrote: »
    Arrived (73 GBP delivered for all 6, 63 GBP without Groove), and prices back to normal now. Would import from them again, esp. if Hasbro pickup the MP releases.
    Going to Norwich this weekend, half tempted to drop by KapowToys and pickup more combiner hands/feet since Defensor is going to look pretty weedy next to Superion.

There's signs for toys r us coming to blanchardstown center in the near future.

Smyths in blanchardstown had voyager Grimlock and steelwolf from Rid.
    On the shelf while the TK max had the kreo demolisher set and the one with Ironhide.

Toys R Us has opened in Blanchardstown.
    Some of their Wares.

2015-09-10.jpg

2015-09-10.jpg

2015-09-10.jpg

2015-09-10.jpg

G1 RID Grimlock on the shelf.

As well as some nice prices on Deluxes Combiner wars figures

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Got a text message from a friend saying he saw Stomp and Chomp Grimlock in a Banba Toymaster catalogue for 17.50

Possibly not for most of us, but if you've a son/nephew or the like who may appreciate it...

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

Hey - Smyths website has the Generations Magnus Leader class on their website but says it's only in selected shops - has anyone seen this on any shop floor yet?

• Advertisement

AxlF wrote: »
    Hey - Smyths website has the Generations Magnus Leader class on their website but says it's only in selected shops - has anyone seen this on any shop floor yet?

I don't think it's appeared in any UK Smyths either.

Due date (UK)got knocked back once or twice, and there's a slight tendency for Smyths to end up not stocking TFs listed as forthcoming. At. All.

What part of the country are you in?

Did you try giving TRU in Blanchardstown a call?

11036668_1674163732862053_8538021235742740434_n.jpg?oh=cf3dcc8a445b1e107808aa3f3b521c1d&oe=56EDBE6F

It's made to the UK shelves.

Had no luck in Carrickmines but found him in Lucan Fonthill. There were 2 there both up high and facing backwards - not saying there were being hidden but they were definitely being hidden .

Sorry Axel.

My mate picked up the ones in Carrickmines yesterday.

I know this as he gave me one today. Which was a nice surprise.

There was a few spotted in The Jervis Smyths today. No idea if they are still there.

MarkHall wrote: »
    My mate picked up the ones in Carrickmines yesterday.

I happened to pop in there earlier (20% off all Lego City), and couldn't see any sign of any more out on the shelves, or still in cases on top.

I also popped into TkMaxx and was surprised to see a couple of TF toys (and not the usual junk like Bumblebee masks) - they had a lonely CW First Aid for a reasonable 16.99 , so might be worth checking local stores for his chums...

Yeah, i got him in fonthill after all. That's the first new transformer I've physically bought in 30 years! I bought warpath as a kid and every purchase since has been second hand or online.
    Bit of a rush ��

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

cheers for the heads up on this.

mags is going for stupid prices on amazon, so with fonthill not that far from me bus wise i'll be off there to pick one up.

prob the first thing ive got from smyths since those left over generation springers turned up !

:D

Picked my ultra magnus up today in smyths in tallaght.

cost 63 euro 99 and theres a rake of him in there.

least 8 that i saw.

they also got in a new batch of springers/roadbusters/rhinoxs for those interested.

He's a really great figure - can't stop looking at him. The truck is a bit derp-y but the robot is solid.

And Springer's back in smyths?
    I might get another one for an attempt at a Cloud Rodimus custom

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

AxlF wrote: »
    He's a really great figure - can't stop looking at him. The truck is a bit derp-y but the robot is solid

There's a lot of poseability with the robot form. One of my favourites at present.

• Advertisement

have to admit i feel like a child looking at him. its a brilliant representation of the guy.

what gets me though is minimus. i knew he was small but jaysus !

he's almost headmaster size.

makes me wonder if hes compatible with the titan returns stuff slated for next year. still well happy with this one. im really loving the IDW homages.

I really want to see the second sized Minimus to Represent the Armor mode that was crushed by the Legislator. Maybe make It Delux side and have mini Minimus fit inside it too.

now THAT would be class !

bit of a throwback to the mega pretenders too. seeing as i never thought i'd see headmasters back again who knows ?

:D

Few of Leader Magnus in Smyths Jervis. If anyone is looking for it

Dublin city comics has a fresh set of the G1 combiner wars in their shelves. As well as the leader class figures.
    Hoping the Wife took the Hint on Starscream.

Did pick up anther Vehicon for the Vehicon Horde from them.
    And they may have a few M.A.S.K pieces lined up.

No Irish sighting yet afaik but Leader Class Skywarp was spotted in a UK Smyths a few days back.

Possibly in the new year as they got the last delivery of the year today.

It may not happen at all. Sometimes, things appear in UK branches of Smyths and don't here.

ChopShop wrote: »
    It may not happen at all. Sometimes, things appear in UK branches of Smyths and don't here.

Possibly

TOYS R US has some of the horrible color prime figures. As well.as a restock of the Defensor wave of combiner wars. No LD figures on the shelves.

• Advertisement

Advertisement