Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tattoo Removal

• 02-04-2014 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3 sryan21

Hi folks,

I'm throwing up a question about tattoo removal.
    I got a name tattoo running down my arm in black ink & although I love the name, I no longer love the tattoo.
    I've had it 2 & a half years now.
    Anyway I've been googling like crazy over the past few weeks & there is no straight answer as to what the best method on removing it is but I'm looking towards Q-Switched laser tattoo removal.
    If anyone has any experience or knows of any place (in Ireland) which other people have gone to, I'd appreciate any help.

Many thanks,
    sryan21

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Where are you based?

Think Dublin Ink are still doing laser at €40 a pop. Don't know which laser they're using though. 2.5 years is relatively new so keep in mind that a cover up after a couple of sessions might be more suitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

Hi just wondering if you have heard of thermal abrasion with osmosis as a removal method? Apparently it's meant to remove tattoos in half the amount of treatments as laser alone. Looking into it but not sure about it can't find much info

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sryan21

http://www.akronics.com/clarker-cosmetic-applications/tattoo-removal
    Here is some info on the treatment itself. I will look into it more myself :)
    If you find out anything else on the matter then please post it here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

Yes this is what I had read. I noticed an ad in the local paper saying they were now doing it. So had a google. It seems like a great option. I have a tattoo I want removed it's old and just a black outline so I think it would be pretty easy to remove. Have you come across anymore info on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭ Santos Loose Campus

Does anywhere in Ireland do Picosure laser?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭DaBlackMask

looking to get 2 tatts removed with a picosure laser instead of the Qswitched laser,

cant seem to find any shops that have it,

anybody know of any clinics or shops in dublin do they have this laser removal?

There is none in Ireland.

London is the closest, best price I found there was in The Circle.

nm wrote: »
    There is none in Ireland.

London is the closest, best price I found there was in The Circle.

ZULU Tattoo are only shop that have it, after searching around, but I was looking for a clinic

I have serious doubts that Zulu have a Picosure in there

I have serious doubts that Zulu have a Picosure in there

That shop seems to popup when type Picosure tattoo Dublin into Google,

But I think you may be right about them not having the machine :(

• Advertisement

That shop seems to popup when type Picosure tattoo Dublin into Google,

But I think you may be right about them not having the machine :(

Yea, there is zero chance they have one. They cost 250k or so, no small outlay.

You'd be looking at a trip to the UK I'm afraid.

Yea, there is zero chance they have one. They cost 250k or so, no small outlay.

You'd be looking at a trip to the UK I'm afraid.

Damn 250K

Thanks for bringing that to my attention , I'm headed to Bristol actually at end of the month,

And the PROSKIN CLINICS in Bristol and Cardiff have them, :)

Couldn't be arsed getting a Qswitched laser done on them as it takes too long

• Registered Users Posts: 9,525 ✭✭✭billyhead

Damn 250K

Thanks for bringing that to my attention , I'm headed to Bristol actually at end of the month,

And the PROSKIN CLINICS in Bristol and Cardiff have them, :)

Couldn't be arsed getting a Qswitched laser done on them as it takes too long

What do you mean takes to long. Do you mean by the number of sessions needed. Also how many sessions would it take with the Picosure laser and how much are they?

billyhead wrote: »
    What do you mean takes to long. Do you mean by the number of sessions needed. Also how many sessions would it take with the Picosure laser and how much are they?

Yeah Picosure will take bout 6 sessions completely to remove my Tatt, cause it's a fighting Irish Tatt with black and green ,

Qswitched won't remove green no matter wat, wereas Picosure will,

also a lot quicker with removing black , Picosure just shatters tattoos into smaller pieces were your immune system kicks out the ink quicker,

I'm just looking to fade mine abit to get a coverup done,

Qswitched tattoo medium = 80 euro
    Picosure tattoo medium = 120 euro

Not bad for 40 quid extra :)

I can't post pics as I'm new here

Ahh uberskin UK in Derry in Northern Ireland do it, thought I'd post that for anyone looking to get it done

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭WeirdoFreak

Hello, I got this tattoo done years ago, I have never really liked it as your man made a balls of it in my opinion, it's not how I expected it to turn out. I'll never get another tattoo on holiday again, stick to the irish. Anyway I was thinking of getting it covered up with a bigger and bolder chain and cross but I was thinking maybe I'd be better getting a few sessions of laser removal first.

I just want to know how successful laser would be on this tattoo?? As you can see it's all black ink, not terribly deep. How many sessions does it normally take, has anyone ever seen tattoo removal that has completely removed every bit of the tattoo.

sxyg74.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you're getting it covered up, it might need lightened a little, but shouldn't need to be removed completely. (This will depend entirely on what you're covering it with of course!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭malin182

I would say it could be easily done in about 4 or 5 sessions if not less from doing some research online. Zulu tattoo seems to be a common favorite for removals.

I would be interested in getting some info on this as well, I have a large tribal on my upper arm and thinking of getting rid of it. Is there PicoSure technology available here now? I see there is a place in Derry that does it but a bit far to be going up for repeat visits. ANy ideas/experience?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭malin182

Does anywhere in Ireland do Picosure laser?

I know this thread is old but did you find anywhere in Dublin that did it?

malin182 wrote: »
    I know this thread is old but did you find anywhere in Dublin that did it?

No, although Dundrum Laser Clinic told me they are getting one in soon, this winter.

The closest currently is up north, Uberskin in Derry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Hi guys can anyone recommend tattoo removal place in limerick city? Looking to get a small tattoo removed from my hand

Dundrum laser clinic now have one :)

And uber skin in Derry have it aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I know Allstar Tattoo on Wickham street does removal

Dundrum laser clinic now have one :)

Do they have it already? I asked and was told it'd be in later in the year.

Excellent if they got one.

First session done today in dundrum,
    Really nice place staff all friendly,

They have lasers to treat green and other colours, so got that done plus, another tattoo on my back, both in the black ink parts,

Delighted to finally have gone through with it, arm took 2 mins & back took 3 mins

Picosure I was told is not that great but depends on the tattoo, also was told it was too expensive, :)

First session done today in dundrum,
    Really nice place staff all friendly,

They have lasers to treat green and other colours, so got that done plus, another tattoo on my back, both in the black ink parts,

Delighted to finally have gone through with it, arm took 2 mins & back took 3 mins

Picosure I was told is not that great but depends on the tattoo, also was told it was too expensive, :)

Did you get the session done then with the Q laser so and if so how much was it?

billyhead wrote: »
    Did you get the session done then with the Q laser so and if so how much was it?

110 euro for 2 tattoos although girl told me on phone later , I was overcharged

So will cheaper at next session , really quick no more than 2 mins on my arm, and 2mins on back

picosure was getting mixed results so was told it wasn't worth getting as 350€ Per time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

110 euro for 2 tattoos although girl told me on phone later , I was overcharged

So will cheaper at next session , really quick no more than 2 mins on my arm, and 2mins on back

picosure was getting mixed results so was told it wasn't worth getting as 350€ Per time

Did they tell you this at dundrum? Do they have picosure there themselves? And is 350 for your 2 tattoos?

Was it the Q switched Laser in Dundrum that was used?

• Advertisement

Did they tell you this at dundrum? Do they have picosure there themselves? And is 350 for your 2 tattoos?

They said they were trialing the picosure,
    And had it there, but while they were lasering my tattoos , I said I was in contact with über skin in Derry, they said that's the only place that have it, but there was 6 machines in the room I was in,I didn't ask about it, as they said it was expensive for what I was looking to get removed

Yeah 350 for both tattoos,

And yes qswitched they used in that session

Advertisement