Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice

Options
  • 16-06-2015 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Looking for advise from people in the know. I have a pass degree in electronic engineering level 7 also a qualified electrician and also have a cert in automation and control. I have been looking to get into instrumentation and trying to decide whether to take three different options
    1. Go into year 3 applied physics and instrumentation in C.I.T full time course
    2. Go into year 3 applied physics and instrumentation evening course.
    3. Do the solas course instrumentation upskilling in galway its a city and guilds course.

Looking for peoples opinions which would benefit me the most .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

bucky08 wrote: »
    Looking for advise from people in the know. I have a pass degree in electronic engineering level 7 also a qualified electrician and also have a cert in automation and control. I have been looking to get into instrumentation and trying to decide whether to take three different options
    1. Go into year 3 applied physics and instrumentation in C.I.T full time course
    2. Go into year 3 applied physics and instrumentation evening course.
    3. Do the solas course instrumentation upskilling in galway its a city and guilds course.

Looking for peoples opinions which would benefit me the most .

This is not really my field of expertise, but with your qualifications listed you should try Intel in Leixlip, if you are around there or willing to travel/move.
    I believe they are looking really hard for people with these qualifications and recently a friend of mine started with them with similar certification and being a sparks.
    I'm sure you will receive better training and hand on experience than Solas and get paid for it. Just a thought.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Not really sure if this is graduate, maybe better suited to the post-grad forum?

Fwiw, if you can do the course full time, I'd encourage that. Full time work with part time study is very hard and means a lot of down time for the year.

How did you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bucky08

Took Job with company.. Might try and study part time will have to wait and see..

Advertisement