Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Forum: Have Your Say!

Options
  • 19-08-2015 3:45pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone as the off-season is rapidly coming to an end this forum is going to get alot busier over the coming months, I wanted to pick everyone's brains especially our regualr visitors, I was just wondering what would you like to see in the Christmas Forum?

Do you have any thread suggestions you'd like to see?

Is there anything else we can be doing in the off-season to keep the forum more active?

Do you think the forum have enough interest to organise a meetup?

Basically we can use this thread to talk about any ideas or things you'd like to see in the forum.

I know a Christmas Baking thread has been suggested already and it's a great idea, it would be great to have somewhere to post up recepies, tips and finished products.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Hi
    Don't usually post in here ,but I do read the posts...but definitely I would like to see some recipes ...see that I bake my cake late September ..so a thumbs up for food related topics please.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I love the idea of a Christmas cooking/baking thread also!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

+1 on the cooking and baking thread. I like to try new recipes well in advance so would be nice to have a thread all year around for a bit of inspiration!

Personally I love been organised and as a lot of us like shopping early etc I'd like to see a thread where people can discuss ways they have organised or improved on there storage / preperation / purchasing methods or some time saving tips for the "big christmas clean " ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

A bargains thread would be a good idea. Not sure if one exists already. Somewhere where people could post bargains on the likes of Roses or even if someone sees a good deal on something that might be good as a gift.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

One does exist and I've just bumped it. :)

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    One does exist and I've just bumped it. :)

Ah jaysus, I've posted in it before and it was last active a month ago. How did I forget about it? :D

How about Christmas events? I know there have been threads in the past (I searched this time :pac:) but a dedicated 2015 thread would be good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

How about a Christmas crafts thread? At the moment I am making lino print stamps to make my own cards and wrapping paper. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

+1 for the crafts thread. By cool to get ideas from other peoples projects. I'm making my usual cushion covers and other patchwork bits this year but am branching out to knitting too!

And I think a meet-up would be awesome. Maybe early enough in the "season" so it's not manic? I like the idea of meeting up with fellow Christmas nuts and having a mulled cider or something. :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Will there be a new thread for the xmas ads or just bump the one from last year?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    Will there be a new thread for the xmas ads or just bump the one from last year?

I'll check with Posy closer to the time and we'll either bump the 2014 version or setup a new one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

What about a "today I did" thread. Like the countdown but with posters detailing what they did to prepare for Christmas that day.

Imagine how exciting it would get in the week before! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

How about a Christmas crafts thread? At the moment I am making lino print stamps to make my own cards and wrapping paper.

+1

Does anyone else with smallies do elf on the shelf ? It be great to have a thread with ideas from other posters !

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Does anyone else with smallies do elf on the shelf ? It be great to have a thread with ideas from other posters !

I don't as my little fella is way too young but I'd love a thread to look at and get ideas and "aaawwww" along to.

Do we have a Pinterest thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Whispered wrote: »

Do we have a Pinterest thread?

Ask and you shall receive!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86248561

Thanks baby and crumble I was able to start stalking some of your chosen as boards on pinterest now ! Not sure how I put a link up to my own pinterest boards yet though! I use the app for boards and pinterest and find them both great but I suspect that's where I'm having the difficulty!

Whispered it's never to early to start getting some inspiration for elf on the shelf you run out of ideas faster than you think ! :)

I've posted in that thread previously. Silly silly me! Thanks :)

How do you post the link from your pinterest boards to this site ? I have a whole board dedicated to elf on the shelf Whispered to kick us off lol x

Oh wait think I got it !

https://www.pinterest.com/ianmacroibin/

Advertisement