Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday

Options
  • 21-08-2015 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Competitive racing tomorrow. Three year old handicaps aren't really my thing but backed Botany Bay at 28/1 5 places e/w in the second at York. 8lbs above the mark that he won the Ulster Derby off but that was a nice performance and there was nothing flukey about it and the race is working out extremely well, beating Fields of Athenry into second, third won next time out off 6lbs higher (beating a horse who won a handicap by 4 lengths next time out)and the fourth won a really competitive handicap at Killarney last night (seventh won a handicap as well). The trainer said he'd be a nice stayer and had considered running him in the Queen's Vase so a step up in trip might see him even better yet and 25/1 still available looks worthy of a bet.

Another big price, Elm Park's half brother Brorocco ran much better than the bare result in a good looking Sandown maiden first time out, missing the break before travelling smoothly up to challenge on the bridle and wasn't knocked about when looking green. This is a massive step up but he could out run his odds in the second at Sandown 33/1 in a place generally 25/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

At last a good days racing, Mondialiste 2.00Y. Quick Jack 3.45Y , Coolmore 2.25 C, Finnegan 3.10Y will do for me

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Botany Bay 16 everywhere now. And Borocca now 18 with pp. cen fath?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭REFLINE1

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Botany Bay 16 everywhere now. And Borocca now 18 with pp. cen fath?

Pricewise

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I fancy John Reel to run a big race in the Ebor. Cant believe he is 50/1. Only beat around 5 lengths by Ajman Bridge LTO (who is 10/1) and is 4lb better off with him. Plenty of value and will be backing each way. Just noticed he is also 6lbs better off with the fav Quick Jack who beat him around 5 lengths at Chester a few starts back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Plenty will be doing the Coolmore & Ballydoyle double :pac:

Finnegan, the horse Wesley Ward has been hyping up for months is interesting in a tricky race too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

PRESBURG 2.50 sandown could be interesting at a big price. Currently 25/1. Hes a C&D winner off 85 and is off 81 for tomorrow but he was also entered to run in the 5.10 but instead of choosing the easier class 4 race has been put in the class 2 and is bottom weight.
    Anyway its grabbed my attention
    1pt ew @25/1

2 more ive backed are

OCEAN TEMPEST 7/1 3.30 chester
    Winner of the race last year off a 13lb higher mark. Is 3 from 3 at the track and has had a recent prep run.
    2pts win

ISHIKAWA 14/1 4.35 sandown
    C&D winner off 81 on soft ground and is off 68 for this race. Good to soft conditions for tomorrow which is more to his liking as hes been running on AW and gd/fm ground since that win
    1pt ew

Gl with your bets

Sorry but one more.!!

3.45 The Ebor
    Lots of big Irish yards contesting the race but im going to have an ew from one of the smallest yards. John Kiely's TOE THE LINE 25/1. Yard has been very much amongst the winners lately and TTL has won on all kind of ground conditions from 1m 4f to 2m.
    1pt ew

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Sorry for my ignorance but what's pricewise?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Racing post tipping service. Buy the paper version tomorrow you'll see his tips. They go up online 8pm the night before for those paying. You can still get his price before they collapse in most shops before 10:15am today. Some follow him blindly and once he picks a horse, the prices quickly shorten. Ask others about his record /stats. Not sure they are published.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

BumperD wrote: »
    Racing post tipping service. Buy the paper version tomorrow you'll see his tips. They go up online 8pm the night before for those paying. You can still get his price before they collapse in most shops before 10:15am today. Some follow him blindly and once he picks a horse, the prices quickly shorten. Ask others about his record /stats. Not sure they are published.

For good reason :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

BumperD wrote: »

Let's put it like this.

When they have a winner, it's on the front page and shouted about for weeks.

Otherwise, it gets brushed under the carpet.

The stats used to be published on a site I think called Tipsterform

Alternatively, you can look on the horse racing forum on Betfair, you wlll soon get the jist of people thought's about

Good luck

Anyone who has the pick of all the prices at midday the previous day and isn't beating the market by minimum 15% needs a long hard look at themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Anyone who has the pick of all the prices at midday the previous day and isn't beating the market by minimum 15% needs a long hard look at themselves.

:rolleyes:

Anyone that thinks its that easy probably needs the same look. if you were beating the market by 15% regularly there would be no getting money on..

15% is about the MAX ROI from race betting thats feasible in the long-term..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

3 e/w singles and e/w treble on the below. Fancy them all personally.

545f2d77f083644f36ad3f09af433873.png

Also Sizing Network in Killarney 3.20 @ 5/2 will take beating.

Along with Most Beautiful w/o fav in the 4.10 Curragh @ 5/2.

Best of luck to all today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭votecounts

Mountainside 13:55 Newton Abbott @11/8

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

shmeee wrote: »

Along with Most Beautiful w/o fav in the 4.10 Curragh @ 5/2.

I'd as much a chance of curing ebola as getting the 5/2 price in Ladbrokes, ended up getting 15/8 and they shouldn't be taking bets which are available on-line I was told. Only bookie I know to say this.

Knew going in I was gonna have trouble, and by god I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭rule supreme

Will the ground suit Finnegan , is it not to soft for him .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Ground is good at york now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Top Notch Tonto 2.00 York for me also..

Max bet for me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Convey is the most promising horse I've seen in a long time just can't back it with the ground as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

What do people think about Wicklow brave today? I'm torn between him and fields of athenry..... Help!

I'm also having a good ew on give her Bach in the 2:45 at Killarney.

Harangue in the 4:30 kil looks too big a price at 12/1. Have a wee nibble on that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,838 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

idnkph wrote: »
    What do people think about Wicklow brave today? I'm torn between him and fields of athenry..... Help!

I'm also having a good ew on give her Bach in the 2:45 at Killarney.

Harangue in the 4:30 kil looks too big a price at 12/1. Have a wee nibble on that too.

made the mistake of backing a few horse with bad draws and paid the price
    the only reason i'm not backing fields of athenry

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

Is laying ballydoyle horses first time out in maidens a license to print money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

kalinisi wrote: »
    Is laying ballydoyle horses first time out in maidens a license to print money!

It is this year

Small bet on Finnegan at the boosted Skybet 10/3 price.

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Small bet on Finnegan at the boosted Skybet 10/3 price.

Stink. Very impressive from the Haggas runner again.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

sdoc13 wrote: »
    It is this year

Wish I'd actually done it all year!

kalinisi wrote: »
    Wish I'd actually done it all year!

I would end up laying the winning ones only.

• Advertisement

aidankkk wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Anyone that thinks its that easy probably needs the same look. if you were beating the market by 15% regularly there would be no getting money on..

15% is about the MAX ROI from race betting thats feasible in the long-term..

Who said anything about getting bets on? He writes an article based on the earliest of early prices and makes selections based on those.

Advertisement