Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 match day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thank fook for Benteke...might actually make it to 40 this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

That was the perfect goal, as I have Hendo as Bentekkers captain. On set to get 50 - 60 points this week. Played my wildcard so next week had better be a stormer. >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I've broken the 50 point barrier for the season at long last.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I can safely say that's the first time I've ever cheered a Liverpool goal. It was a proper jump off seat shout.

Capt Suarez was always bitter sweet but it's been such a bad start that Tekkers got pure joy.

I feel dirty and am off for a shower now...

(Get another one while I'm gone you beauty...
    Walk on, Walk on, With.. holly sh1te)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'm still waiting on my first goal. Up to 7 assists though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Benteke first goal and Liverpool to win at 4/1 is the only thing keeping my spirits up. :(

Been dreading this all weekend.

Bloody offside as fook too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

PARlance wrote: »
    Hazard and Rooney were used as examples as Hazard topped GW1 poll and Rooney topped GW2 (of those that had played). "Sensible" players tend to be successful and they tend to go with the most popular picks most of the time.

Wasn't meant to be haughty, I don't consider myself a "sensible" player but I wish I was.
    And I had neither captained myself.
    Payet, Ayew & Gomis weren't on the radar for the "sensible" players in GW2. They were barely mentioned on the captain thread and certainly not by the better players afaik.
    PARlance, just to be sure and to be clear, it was not a dig at you at all!

And I'm sure you're as sensible a player as I am or as most of us are in here :pac:.

I guess I reacted on a detail then. My point was that a Rooney GW1 (C) and a Benteke GW2 (C) were as (if not more, particularly for this GW) sensible as Hazard GW1 (C) & Rooney GW2 (C). And I'm not saying that because they were my choices (I actually convinced my missus to go for Payet considering her team). 'Cause you may have noticed but I've quite a reputation in here to go safe and follow the crowd (generally the FFS (C) poll one) for my (C) picks :pac:...

I'd really like Liverpool to concede.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Dónal wrote: »

Ritchie to score. Then Benteke to knock in another one or two.

Yeah that'd be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,047 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Followed by Henderson and Clyne red cards. Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Gomez goal and cs with a Benteke yellow would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Not sure I'll keep benteke much like last season Liverpool look average enough going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

It's amazing how Lallana was a class FF player two years ago, but totally absent in this very attacking performance from Liverpool.

Edit - of course he appears as soon as I post that.

I thought he'd suffer at Pool like Charlie Adam did. Both those lads came from clubs where the entire team was built around them and making the most of their talents.

At Liverpool, they're just another midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

finally some fantasy luck - clyne should of lost clean sheet in first few mins and benteke goal prob should have been offside. happy enough at ht

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

I realllly hope they don't, I've Mignolet in goals. Hoping for a clean sheet!!

Have Hendo on too, So nice assist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Not sure I'll keep benteke much like last season Liverpool look average enough going forward.

Yeah he's gone in the WC for me.
    Another goal here as a parting gift would be nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hendo coming off according to commentary.

Yep injury

Wtf Hendo

• Registered Users Posts: 33,047 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yay

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Henderbus subbed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ah feck sake, the Henderbus has broken down. Glad I sold him for Mahrez now!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

iroced wrote: »
    PARlance, just to be sure and to be clear, it was not a dig at you at all!

And I'm sure you're as sensible a player as I am or as most of us are in here :pac:.

I guess I reacted on a detail then. My point was that a Rooney GW1 (C) and a Benteke GW2 (C) were as (if not more, particularly for this GW) sensible as Hazard GW1 (C) & Rooney GW2 (C). And I'm not saying that because they were my choices (I actually convinced my missus to go for Payet considering her team). 'Cause you may have noticed but I've quite a reputation in here to go safe and follow the crowd (generally the FFS (C) poll one) for my (C) picks :pac:...

Je t'aime Iroced :)
    Je t'aime.

Great capt picks. I think we were kinda in agreement, I didn't mean to isolate sensible lads like us who went for Rooney & Benteke ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Ffs Henderson. I knew I'd regret making my transfers so early. Hope it's just a precaution

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

My only pool player off, sigh

I hate pre 60 min subs so much, could cost me a H2H as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

even henderson coming off STILL makes him my highest scorer ofthe week.....that shows how sh!te my gw has been....21 from 10 mignolet still on the pitch fml

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Never rated Rodgers as a FF manager. That's not how you lock in the clean sheet point for Henderson.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Well, that's yet another kick in the nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

would assume benteke is on pens now.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Great week to have a wildcard in play.

Advertisement