Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

sibby wrote: »
    I was one of those crazy people who went to the shop at 7am the morning of the cao offers. In my defense my post doesn't come till around 11, at the time the internet was down at our house (stupid middle of nowhere internet) and i was doing a new course and had no previous years points to compare my results with.

Now, that I could understand, since it's not THAT unreasonable to go to a shop at 7am.

But I dunno, I'm just never going to get going to a shop at 4am to try and get an early copy of a paper rather than just wait until 6 (it was 6 the year I did it IIRC, sorry if that's wrong)...

But hey, whatever makes the kidz happy I guess! :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

She was the most popular person on the LC forum last night!

She got the two courses she's looking for, so see what she decides. It's gonna be a LOOOOOOONG week.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

She must have so many thanked posts after that. :pac:

Fair play to her offers-wise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    But I dunno, I'm just never going to get going to a shop at 4am to try and get an early copy of a paper rather than just wait until 6 (it was 6 the year I did it IIRC, sorry if that's wrong)...

these kids don't realise how good they have it with their online results

it was far from online results ye were raised you scraggy shits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Got a house sorted finally right in the middle of town and a move in tomorrow :)

Then off the Electric Picnic for the weekend, things are sticking to pick up after a painfully bad summer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I actually got into final year, but more importantly I FOUND FOOTBALL SPECIAL IN GALWAY

EP WAS AMAZING :D

Even made it back for college at 10am the Monday morning, then had work that night, that was rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I just got invited to a fireds 21st...in March
    "Big Deal" you may think...but it is and youll tell you why...

Her 21st is in the one and only
    59349698.jpg

YEAHHHHHHHHH

Although probably no cause its in the middle of college, and itll be hella expensive but maybe, yet, well see.....

Any who nice to have the option of going :o

My life is going really, really well right now. I'm in a really good place emotionally and mentally, I have people who care about me and I care about, and I think I've worked out what I want to do with myself. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Booked flights to go home for Christmas earlier..

aww_yeah_guy.jpg

• Advertisement

Just back from 5 days in Amsterdam, it was f***en sweeeeeeeeet though I am absolutely shattered, now, I sleep.

I'm dying of a virus (I'm wrapped up on the couch in fluffy pjs watching a rom com as I write this) but I have the cutest boyfriend ever. Got a text to open my door when the bell rings. He ordered me chinese food because he knows I won't cook with how I'm feeling. And paid.

I won a train ticket home :D

Just got a new car! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Finally got my first ever paid job in Penneys I failed 3 of the interviews last year finally got one in a different store. I was convinced I'd failed this one I was more nervous in that interview didn't prepare as much went with a more carefree approach.

I was really worried about something that was completely outside my control, but it turns out that it actually went far better than expected and I'm so thrilled about it! (I have to be vague, but yeah, good stuff happening)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 acemaster

Got my new bike! WoW

I'm home for a super quick visit (as in, I'm leaving the city in less than 5 hours) and I forgot how good it is to see my family

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Went to Dublin Thursday to see Years & Years (who were brilliant!!) and went out up there for the first time ever and had a great night ðŸ’Â႒

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

We had Christmas dinner in our house last night. I made potato gratin with parmesan and rashers sprinkled over it, sage and onion stuffing with sausage meat, and a beef wellington (beef slathered in mustard, wrapped in a layer of mushrooms, a layer of ham and a layer of pastry). One of the lads did caramelised veg, and one of the girls did appetisers.

Couple all that with cheesy Christmas music, Christmas crackers and alcohol, and it was a good evening.

I made chocolate cookies then for dessert, and we all collapsed in the sitting room and watched Home Alone followed by A Christmassy Ted on the projector.

Oh, and I think I'm finally finished my Christmas shopping now.

OH! And this new fabric softener I'm using smells heavenly.

Everything's coming up wnolan atm! :pac:

• Advertisement

Double post, #yolo.

Tesco included a little box with my delivery today that had a bar of chocolate, packet of taytos, a can of fruit drink, a bag of peanuts, colouring pencils and a little colouring thing in it.

Best. Day. Ever.

Just saw star wars. OH MY GOD

Back in Ireland for the first time since January for Christmas. :D

Just been to the pub for a pint for a catch up with the sister. Now watching Father Ted Christmas special with a mug of tayyyy and digging into the tub of Roses.

Mundane as fook but I love it.

Got my tax back. SO MUCH MONEY. SO MUCH.

My girlfriend's mother got the all clear today, after her breast cancer surgery a week and a half ago.

She still has 21 days of radiation therapy to do, but it's still amazing news. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

After four years in the job and 18 months of actually busting my hump. They finally promoted me to management. Moving to a different shop with a view to being assistant store manager. With more locations opening back in Limerick later in the year. Prospects are good.
    Everything is coming up Milhouse this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Passed my first of four exams. Delighted!

Well yesterday was my last day at my soul sucking job. The weight lifted off my shoulders is immense. Now obviously I am sans-work but did save a lot money over the past year, so not worried about that for a while. Do need to find a new job of course asap.. but for now this is an amazing feeling. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Got my certification for computer technician today. Delighted I accomplished something

Advertisement