Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Ordered yesterday at 12.02pm and now I'm still getting my order status as "Your order is being processed"

UPDATED: Status is now "Your order is due for dispatch"

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

I seem to have a problem with my work outlook emails on this phone.I have put all the exchange server settings in the same
    as for a samsung phone. The smart ultra has connected to the server ok and did sync some of the emails.However its only working occasionally.When its not working, if go back to check the server settings the connection fails.
    I tried the same settings on a samsung phone this morning and everything worked perfect and straight away synced all the
    inbox/sent emails with no problem.
    So something is amiss with the smart ultra.
    Any ideas is it a client certificate/settings on the phone?
    I have set up a few other andriod phones using the same settings,never had an issue like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

deadlast wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a windscreen holder for the car? For video, GPS, Gforces, etc...the more rigid the better, but needs to be in landscape mode.

I use a suction holder, think I got it off ebay or sevendayshop.com - works well https://www.7dayshop.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=car+phone+holder

Aldi have one in this week:cool:
    https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thur-13-aug/products-detail-page/ps/p/smartphone-car-holder/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Just had the most frustrating 30mins there talking to a cust care rep, 15 mins on hold and then a further 10 mins by the rep just to tell me that my order isnt cancelled yet there website states it is cancelled. I asked if she could explain why the website states it cancelled and she said oh it maybe an error or something, I asked if she could get me a definite answer on it and she said NO!!! the girl had very poor english and frankly I have no fate in her, I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said no none available lalalalala usual, jesus I am trying buy a product off them and I have this trouble I can only imagine dealing with over a fault:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

Just got a text that the phone I ordered at 11:55am yesterday has been dispatched, so hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.

The next day delivery doesn't actually apply it seems, I don't know how they'd expect to fulfill such a guarantee anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Can everyone affected by the non-existent next-day delivery promise or the random cancellation of orders, please post in this thread on the VF forum? Thanks.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057475500

This exact same thing has happened to me twice before, months ago. I reported it back then and it was obviously never resolved. Unacceptable and completely misleading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Mine has taken two days for delivery rather than one. I'm not going to start harassing the reps on the 'talk to' forum over it. The way some posters speak to reps on those forums is pathetic and borderline bullying.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Order Number Order Description Order Date Order Status
    26076811 ATG Order 10/08/15 Your order is being processed.
    26076812 ATG Order 10/08/15 Your order is due for dispatch.

Does anyone else have two orders appearing on their status? Is one just the sim card? My order states only one charge for 169.99 on the bill, so I didn't order 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 kinanoman

Does anyone else have two orders appearing on their status? Is one just the sim card? My order states only one charge for 169.99 on the bill, so I didn't order 2!

Yeah mine was exactly the same! But now the order that was "due for dispatch" has moved to the completed orders section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I had two orders but one was cancelled, no idea what is going on and nobody to talk to about it either as the vodafone customer service line is useless and frustrating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭biebiebie

My order is still being processed.
    Somehow I'm not hopeful going by others misfortunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ExcaliburRisen

I was experiencing an issue with the phone where holding the phone to my ear causes the speaker mode to engage. Plus the screen remains blank after the call has ended. I read a couple of posts in the other smart ultra thread over in BA of people experiencing similar issues.

Anyway I did some googling and found a code to access the service menu. It's a code for the XTE Blade but I gave it a shot and it worked for me. The below code gives you access to 20 different tests you can do on the phone. The one I wanted was the Sensor option (scroll down the list).
    The sensors in the phone are 'Accelerometer', 'Magnetic', 'Light' and 'Proximity'. Proximity was the one that interested me and there's a Proximity Calibrate button which I clicked and I get the message that the calibration is ok. However under the Proximity section I see the following:

Feature_Sensor: F:trued/S:true CTS success
    X: no Fail!

I have no idea what this means. But I've dialed a couple of numbers since doing the calibration and initial impressions are that the speaker mode is not getting enabled by my ear any more and the screen comes back on when I take the phone from my ear. So it appears to have fixed the issue.

Service Menu code:
    *983*0#

Disclaimer: This worked for me but I take no responsbility if you bork your phone. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

plenty of stock in vodafone sligo !

• Registered Users Posts: 43,844 ✭✭✭✭Basq

plenty of stock in vodafone sligo !
    Balls.. just ordered one online. Worth cancelling and calling in store I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

yeah don't see why not....girls in there said they had plenty but were going quick! I was just in 15mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I had two orders but one was cancelled, no idea what is going on and nobody to talk to about it either as the vodafone customer service line is useless and frustrating

Did you try here: http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1270

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ya had two orders also, I had to ring them there to see what the story is (as I need a phone cause my 1020 died on me today)...anyways my order was marked as "Your order is due for dispatch" and there was another order there marked as Cancelled.

After most of lunch time on hold, they told me my order had left the VF warehouse and was with the courier. If true, the website is slow to update.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,226 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Mine has taken two days for delivery rather than one. I'm not going to start harassing the reps on the 'talk to' forum over it. The way some posters speak to reps on those forums is pathetic and borderline bullying.

The way some reps answer questions on those forums is utter bullsh1t, it discredits boards.ie to allow companies to give such terrible customer service through their forums

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Ya had two orders also, I had to ring them there to see what the story is (as I need a phone cause my 1020 died on me today)...anyways my order was marked as "Your order is due for dispatch" and there was another order there marked as Cancelled.

After most of lunch time on hold, they told me my order had left the VF warehouse and was with the courier. If true, the website is slow to update.

You'll probably end up with a simcard only! :P

Mine is showing as processing, and dispatched still. Not calling them, as I don't have the time... wish I had just waited til they were in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Got mine in store around Lunch. They came in earlier today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

If you go back a few pages, you'll see that the "next day delivery" is a misnomer and didn't happen to anyone on here (as far as I remember), so DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH.

Also, AFAIK Vodafone use An Post to deliver the phones - that should let you know whether you're going to get your phone, i.e. if the An Post delivery has already happened and your phone ain't there, then that's that. Their website (and their Help Line Attendants) say that delivery is possible "any time up to 6pm". Technically this is true, I suppose, but it'll be delivered by An Post... unless they've changed, but I doubt it.

Having said all that, IMHO the Smart Ultra 6 is a great phone for the price - a more-than-capable replacement for my old Note3... it's worth the wait ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Got a dispatch email there also. Ordered it around 9pm yesterday.

Another dispatch mail here also, ordered at 5pm, no change on the order tracking page. Looks decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Ordered at 18:35; no dispatch email so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Can some one say how the Huawei P8 compares to the Smart Ultra 6.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7313&idPhone2=7006

Huawei is a better phone if you are getting it for "feck all" otherwise I don't think it is €260 better than the Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭54and56

Are you sure it's actually restarting or is it possible that you may be turning it off by mistake?

Definitely random rebooting. It will happen when either the phone is just sitting there doing nothing or when I'm in the middle of using an app and it could be any app. Happened twice so far today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Last email I received was at 11.41am yesterday and it was just a confirmation.

When I track my order, it's marked in as completed.

Well least my protectors and cover has been dispatched by Amazon, such a more efficient service.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Definitely random rebooting. It will happen when either the phone is just sitting there doing nothing or when I'm in the middle of using an app and it could be any app. Happened twice so far today.
    Sounds like a dud, I'd be bringing that one back.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭deadlast

Advertisement