Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2015/16

• Registered Users Posts: 9,710 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Not sure about Kane.

1 goal in pall of póreseason and missed a few sitters via the MLS all stars.

But it's the service to Kane I'd be more worried about...

That and his poor form at the u21's tournament over the summar, the end of season tour to Oz means he's less rested than most and the way his season tailored off at the back end of last season..

Plus that 'regression to mean' article about strikers goal return rates (Google it) has me spooked.

Feel like I'm trolling myself but then again I'm a pessimistic spurs fan myself.
    He's still in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭dacogawa

I think I'll go with Fab, just cause he seems to have great starts to the season and Jose was bigging him up a little while back.

Now my last decision Henderson or Coutinho out, then a 4m or 5m in to replace, they'll be a bench warmer. Probably Coutinho out as Henderson will take some set pieces and it gives me another 1m to spend...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

Paully D wrote: »
    He'll be back on them until he misses the first one he takes. Very poor penalty taker. He has a less than 70% conversion rate on 26 penalties :eek:

when I have him captain I actually hate to see him stepping up
    he is an awful pen taker

dacogawa wrote:
    Now my last decision Henderson or Coutinho out, then a 4m or 5m in to replace, they'll be a bench warmer. Probably Coutinho out as Henderson will take some set pieces and it gives me another 1m to spend...

Def Coutinho out. Henderson is going to be a bargin of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Invincible

Paully D wrote: »
    He'll be back on them until he misses the first one he takes. Very poor penalty taker. He has a less than 70% conversion rate on 26 penalties :eek:

He's no R Van N or Berbatov surely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭redarmy

wonder will Lukaku start?? bit of a head scratcher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭dacogawa

That's me done, good night all & try to enjoy the footy tomorrow without just constantly checking if someone on your team got an assist :rolleyes:

Best of luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Sooo, Mirallas to start lads? What do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Sooo, Mirallas to start lads? What do ye think?

He's still down as doubtful on the website isn't he? Though if he is fit for selection I think he'll play. He just signed a 3 year contract extension today so that should be a good confidence boost. He was one of their in-form players in pre-season too.

It was all so easy a week ago.

I had a plan.
    The plan was good.
    The plan was solid.

My defence was like shopping two weeks before Christmas - Ill have the best of every ... an Ivanovic or two. A Bellerin -sure why not. Throw in a west brom defender as a back up, everyone loves a Pulis defender ... the fantasy Football equivalent of a pair of nice pyjamas at xmas.

Now I've convinced myself that Yoshinda will do. John O Shea - now there's a a pair of Christmas socks if ever there was one.
    And joey gomez. .. thank the Lord for Joey Gomez. Don't touch the Liverpool defence they said. Bad fixtures. Bad start. Bad team. Now he's the lynch pin of my 3 man defence.

Fabregas... always starts well. Better value than Hazard too -shop around - barging to had ... Walcotts, Hendersons, Milners, Sterling's. Fill your boots. Treat yourself self to a little Payet or Mane ... sure the midfield practically picks itself I said.

Now it's Mahrez vs. Some fella from Bournemouth that sounds Irish. Never heard of him? - me neither but he's on every second screen shot in RMT. What could go wrong.

Aguero and Costa. No problem. The international break wild card just like that first pay check in January after the xmas.. 4 weeks of torture that's half spent already and it's still December but dont get the use it till near February .. I'll be living on beans and Toast (Sakho and Deeney) for a few weeks yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

It was all so easy a week ago.

I had a plan.
    The plan was good.
    The plan was solid.

My defence was like shopping two weeks before Christmas - Ill have the best of every ... an Ivanovic or two. A Bellerin -sure why not. Throw in a west brom defender as a back up, everyone loves a Pulis defender ... the fantasy Football equivalent of a pair of nice pyjamas at xmas.

Now I've convinced myself that Yoshinda will do. John O Shea - now there's a a pair of Christmas socks if ever there was one.
    And joey gomez. .. thank the Lord for Joey Gomez. Don't touch the Liverpool defence they said. Bad fixtures. Bad start. Bad team. Now he's the lynch pin of my 3 man defence.

Fabregas... always starts well. Better value than Hazard too -shop around - barging to had ... Walcotts, Hendersons, Milners, Sterling's. Fill your boots. Treat yourself self to a little Payet or Mane ... sure the midfield practically picks itself I said.

Now it's Mahrez vs. Some fella from Bournemouth that sounds Irish. Never heard of him? - me neither but he's on every second screen shot in RMT. What could go wrong.

Aguero and Costa. No problem. The international break wild card just like that first pay check in January after the xmas.. 4 weeks of torture that's half spent already and it's still December but dont get the use it till near February .. I'll be living on beans and Toast (Sakho and Deeney) for a few weeks yet.

If you're suffering now...:pac:

Dempsey wrote: »
    If you're suffering now...:pac:

At 11:45 tomorrow I'll be like:
    homer-sleeping-1.png
    url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCJKT1c2omMcCFe6P2wodqisMVQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hindustantimes.com%2Ftelevision%2Fever-wonder-what-an-interview-with-homer-simpson-will-be-like-read-on%2Farticle1-1268824.aspx&ei=B1nFVdLzCO6f7gaq17CoBQ&bvm=bv.99804247,d.ZGU&psig=AFQjCNElgLDh0k3pAK2z2zqX5WlupojuwQ&ust=1439083130827906

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

I really really wanna leave my team as it is at the moment. Working night shift though and between checking these FPL threads and my team I've an awful feeling I'm gonna do something silly :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Is hennessey or Mccarthy expected to start for palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Is hennessey or Mccarthy expected to start for palace.

I thnk ffs mentioned hennesey, but a few folk on here mentioned McCarthy. I have Hennessey at the min

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

zerks wrote: »
    Best performing teams on the opening weekend.

article-3188771-2B2E3BB800000578-12_308x346.jpg

Why are Spurs and Everton 1 less than the others at the top? Both have been in the league every season like united, Liverpool et al but this stat shoes they have 1 less opening weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I thnk ffs mentioned hennesey, but a few folk on here mentioned McCarthy. I have Hennessey at the min

McCarthy has started more in preseason...so I will punt on him.
    Its a coin toss though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Menas wrote: »
    McCarthy has started more in preseason...so I will punt on him.
    Its a coin toss though.

Hmm, the guardian has McCarthy in their line up. Not sure how reliable they are, but based on that and what you say I'm going to switch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Half thinking of including Gomez of Liverpool at back.

Liverpool fans out there-Will he start season as the left back?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Half thinking of including Gomez of Liverpool at back.

Liverpool fans out there-Will he start season as the left back?

He should do. Rodgers doesn't appear too keen on Moreno. Might only be a short term option though as I can see a LB being signed.

Must be due to the time of the London riots a few years ago and the spurs v Everton game was cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Must be due to the time of the London riots a few years ago and the sours v Everton game was cancelled

Excellent knowledge thanks. They still would have had an opening game but yep not the opening weekend strictly speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭amber69

Must be due to the time of the London riots a few years ago and the sours v Everton game was cancelled

The sours. I like it. I like it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Like every season, I'm very slow to get back into the game. In addition this year I've been over-busy these last 2 weeks... I probably have 100 pages to be catching up :pac: :rolleyes:...

For now I'll just be asking the FSA "FPL dictionary panel" (well... you guys :p) 2 simple question:

1. I see Aguero in more and more teams. Didn't Pellegrini say weeks ago he was going to miss GW1? The latest I found about him is that he's fine. Does that mean a definite start?

2. Who's this Ritchie everyone's owning? I know he had a good season last year in the championship but does that make him such a "sure" bet early on? I mean he's dearer than Mahrez for example who's proven at PL level.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Had decided to stick with Kane over Aguero until gameweek 3 as Kane looks captaninable in GW2 - but I have a real concern that if Kun gets any gametime on Monday his price will increase for GW2 and at the moment I can just about fit him in at 13.0 - I can't take the chance of having to rejig even more to get him in by finding an extra .1 or .2 in GW3 so am going to suck up the risk and stick him in.

Cue Kane hat-trick :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Is it hennessey that was linked with a move to wba maybe pardew doesn't rate him. I think I'll go with Mccarthy as my 2nd keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Can't decide weather to pick Mahrez for leicester for a 5 man midfield or bamford for a 3 man strike force. I know bamford is a risk after palace signed Wickham. Just feel he might bang some in early on. Anyone any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

One last one for yis before the madness starts.
    Morgan or Huth?

iroced wrote: »
    Like every season, I'm very slow to get back into the game. In addition this year I've been over-busy these last 2 weeks... I probably have 100 pages to be catching up :pac: :rolleyes:...

For now I'll just be asking the FSA "FPL dictionary panel" (well... you guys :p) 2 simple question:

1. I see Aguero in more and more teams. Didn't Pellegrini say weeks ago he was going to miss GW1? The latest I found about him is that he's fine. Does that mean a definite start?

2. Who's this Ritchie everyone's owning? I know he had a good season last year in the championship but does that make him such a "sure" bet early on? I mean he's dearer than Mahrez for example who's proven at PL level.

Welcome back!

1. Don't know if he's a guaranteed starter. I do think he'll likely make a cameo appearance. I'm leaving him out til GW3 or 4.

2. Ya he has impressive stats from last year, the PL is a big step up though. He's on my watch list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

If you are administrator on a private league and a lad wants the code to enter it.....where do you see it to send it on?